Who was better when they arrived in Buffalo

Who was better when they arrived?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better when they arrived?

Just now, Another Fan said:

McCarron should have actually won a playoff game.  The Bengals fumbled it away that night when they were on cruise control. 

Not sure about starter, but he's a very solid backup

I agree that at worst we have a super solid backup 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Respectable take 

I’m of course biased by type fact that I saw what we had in Tyrod, and AJ is almost a complete mystery. I certainly hope I’m wrong, because we have AJ on our current roster! 

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

McCarron should have actually won a playoff game.  The Bengals fumbled it away that night when they were on cruise control. 

Did the Bengals fumble away that game, or did AJ McCarron? 

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Thanks,  I had forgotten that play. I just remembered a McCarron fumble with a pick or two as well. 

I'm not even sure, I just remember a huge meltdown by the Bengals and the knock-out hit on Brown.  I think there were a few more unfortunate events in that meltdown. 

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Thanks,  I had forgotten that play. I just remembered a McCarron fumble with a pick or two as well. 

It was quite literally Jeremy hill. All the bengals had to do was sit on the clock down inside Pitt territory and then kick an fg to basically seal it. Hill had one job. Don’t fumble.... he fumbled. 

Just now, stony said:

I'm not even sure, I just remember a huge meltdown by the Bengals and the knock-out hit on Brown.  I think there were a few more unfortunate events in that meltdown. 

It should have never come to that. Hill had one job to do. Hold onto the ball. And he didn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Question is simple. Who do you think was the better QB when they arrived in Buffalo.

TT or McCarron

McCarron I think started more games and should won that playoff game against Pittsburgh, so going with him.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It was quite literally Jeremy hill. All the bengals had to do was sit on the clock down inside Pitt territory and then kick an fg to basically seal it. Hill had one job. Don’t fumble.... he fumbled. 

It should have never come to that. Hill had one job to do. Hold onto the ball. And he didn’t. 

I vaguely remember that game. I was somewhat impressed by McCarron minus the turnovers. The rest of the team falling apart against the Steelers was something that I had forgotten. Sounds like

typical Bengals stuff. 

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Burfect  lost the game with those stupid fouls.

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Taylor has never played with a receiving corps with the likes of AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Mohamed Sanu and he still looked better than AJM.  Taylor is the better player. 

In the regular season AJM had 6 TD’s 2 INT’s in 3 games (over 14 points in a playoff game).  The 2 INTs were in his first game.  

Tyrod has had talent in Buffalo, he just failed to produce.  

The Steelers playoff game — AJM took the lead with about 2 minutes left.  

The Steelers were pinned deep and because of two 15 yard penalties by  Burdict and another guy the Steelers ended up in FG range and won the game.  

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Obviously McCarron. Taylor hadn’t done anything before coming to Buffalo.

When McCarron played for CIN there was a significant drop off in production from when Andy Dalton was in the lineup.