Fantastic Rosen article

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

So quarterback shouldn't slide? Duck out of bounds? Many top skill position players don't do ST because they could get hurt doing that. Granted the ones that do are bad *** . Antonio brown the GOAT

You’re all over the place. Where did anyone say a QB shouldn’t slide or a WR avoid a hit if he can? 

It’s about level of commitment, not singular plays.

Antonio Brown is a good example. Why does he return punts? He wants to win. Why do the Steelers put up with his antics? Because he is committed to the team and winning when he is on the field. 

Edited by Commonsense

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I hope he realizes eventually that where he got drafted has nothing to do with anything.   Kelly was in the Teens, heck Marino was late 20s.   It doesn't matter where you get drafted it's what you do once you get your opportunity.   

I think he'll get it and get to work.  

If he can reflect on the whole experience, self criticize on where he may have gone wrong and humble himself some he'll win Arizona's locker room over. That shows the character team says he lacks... We shall see

• Like (+1) 1

Why, why the .... are we discussing, AGAIN the opinion of someone from the Browns front office?

I could give two.... about what that franchise does or how they evaluate prospects. Especially when it's not even their GM coming out with this.

Moreover, the guy told you to go ask someone else and that was enough, for all you know the coach he was referred to could have given glowing reviews.

I want the big shots take on players on his own roster like Gorton.

Its not like this guy has hand picked QBs throughout his executive career. He was with the Packers for five years who had Rodgers. A guy Rosen has been compared to an awful lot in terms of demeanor.

Edited by BillsFan17

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You’re all over the place. Where did anyone say a QB shouldn’t slide or a WR avoid a hit if he can? 

It’s about level of commitment, not singular plays.

Antonio Brown is a good example. Why does he return punts? He wants to win. Why do the Steelers put up with his antics? Because he is committed to the team and winning when he is on the field. 

I'm not all over the place i'm providing examples of a singular point that impactful players don't like getting hurt and damaging their team.

And I see your edit. 100% agree Brown is amazing.. Also I think his antics get overblown. It was the franchise tag and the locker room snapchat, pretty weak in comparison to his contribution.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

32 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Josh Rosen won more games, threw less interceptions, and didn't miss multiple games because of injury his politics and intelligence wouldn't be an issue.

Rosen may be a genius, but the narrative about how wordly and smart the guy is when compared to his actual comments seem misguided.  I think he comes across as an immature kid who has no idea who is.    If you're looking for a guy to lead a team you don't want a person who blows in the wind not someone who is constantly searching for who they are.   Rosen comes across as the guy who wants to discuss philosophy at length to show you how smart he is, but has no actual idea about real life.  Just my opinion.

And just for the record the comparison to Callaway is inane.   Rosen didnt drop to round three, he was picked 10th overall, so NFL Executives werent that terrified of him.  

threw fewer interceptions, not less

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He comes across as an arrogant prick, IMO.  I’m certain that teams who passed on Rosen did so for reasons beyond what some volleyball coach said.  

so is brady and rodgers. I really don't care if he is an arrogant prick

I SHOULD BE A GM. Millennials just "get it". ya'll are old farts. ;)

Terrible article, basing his claims off of one anecdotal account from one NFL exec.  

Newsflash, Josh Rosen wasn't passed over by multiple QB starved teams because of what one volley ball coach had to say.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Agreed, a very poorly written piece.  The whole thing was simply lacking.

he starts with a thesis and ends with  a specific conclusion. I say biased but not poorly written.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

so is brady and rodgers. I really don't care if he is an arrogant prick

Well good for you, however, if he were as good as Brady or Rodgers then it wouldn’t matter so much if he was a prick, would it?  Look...teams passed on him for a reason.  We can all sit here and speculate why it happened, but it happened.  Deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Terrible article, basing his claims off of one anecdotal account from one NFL exec.  

Newsflash, Josh Rosen wasn't passed over by multiple QB starved teams because of what one volley ball coach had to say.

My thoughts exactly.  I think the people who are still butt-hurt about drafting Josh Allen are going to beat this one to death though.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Well good for you, however, if he were as good as Brady or Rodgers then it wouldn’t matter so much if he was a prick, would it?  Look...teams passed on him for a reason.  We can all sit here and speculate why it happened, but it happened.  Deal with it.

My thoughts exactly.  I think the people who are still butt-hurt about drafting Josh Allen are going to beat this one to death though.

who's this guy think he is? Tommy Noble? 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

it happened to brady and rodgers too! Teams passed on them for a reason. And he hasn't taking an NFL snap so who's to say how good he his. I'm dealing with it lol he's not a Bill.

Screw you guys I'm buying the next madden and fantasy drafting Rosen, Josh Gordon, Kaep as backup, Jonathan Martin, ODB, and will run a killer offense. Albeit I'll probably bench Rosen for Kaep because running QBs are broken in Madden against the AI. The point still stands though!

I'm not complaining about Allen and Rosen, it's about the NFL executives. I think we have fantastic ones.

7 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

it happened to brady and rodgers too! Teams passed on them for a reason. And he hasn't taking an NFL snap so who's to say how good he his. I'm dealing with it lol he's not a Bill.

Screw you guys I'm buying the next madden and fantasy drafting Rosen, Josh Gordon, Kaep as backup, Jonathan Martin, ODB, and will run a killer offense. Albeit I'll probably bench Rosen for Kaep because running QBs are broken in Madden against the AI. The point still stands though!

I'm not complaining about Allen and Rosen, it's about the NFL executives. I think we have fantastic ones.

Again, if you think NFL execs decided to pass on Rosen solely based on what the volleyball coach said, I think you are mistaken.  This article is dumb, IMO.

How about we all agree the Browns are incompetent. Beef squashed.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Again, if you think NFL execs decided to pass on Rosen solely based on what the volleyball coach said, I think you are mistaken.  This article is dumb, IMO.

It's sports writing for Forbes. Think of it as a Bill Simmons fan based article. Completely subjective, opinionated, pointing out irony, and from a fan's perspective.

I did shamelessly clickbait so my b

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

52 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Josh Rosen won more games, threw less interceptions, and didn't miss multiple games because of injury his politics and intelligence wouldn't be an issue.

Rosen may be a genius, but the narrative about how wordly and smart the guy is when compared to his actual comments seem misguided.  I think he comes across as an immature kid who has no idea who is.    If you're looking for a guy to lead a team you don't want a person who blows in the wind not someone who is constantly searching for who they are.   Rosen comes across as the guy who wants to discuss philosophy at length to show you how smart he is, but has no actual idea about real life.  Just my opinion.

And just for the record the comparison to Callaway is inane.   Rosen didnt drop to round three, he was picked 10th overall, so NFL Executives werent that terrified of him.  

You state your case clearly which makes me able to clearly state my disagreeing one! So thanks!

All I am saying is some of us think that "...grand theft charges and sexual assault allegations..." and a "..... failed a drug test at the 2018 NFL combine..." are worse red flags than a guy who wants to discuss philosophy at length or who speaks multiple languages. 

I myself am very curious why the NFL sees it the other way, and what their reasons are.

29 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

"It's all hearsay"

"If he is good, who cares?"

"There are lots of jerks in the league"

None of you would have to work with him.

Awww come on man. Do you know what the league minimum is? For the lowliest scrub?

It is $465,000 for a year one drafted rookie. And I am supposed to worry about if they find a co-worker annoying??

Or I got a coach making 5 Million Dollars a year. Or a wideout making 14 Million dollars a year.

I am supposed to set my desire as a fan to see a good player out there , aside, so that those guy won't be annoyed?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Awww come on man. Do you know what the league minimum is? For the lowliest scrub?

It is $465,000 for a year one drafted rookie. And I am supposed to worry about if they find a co-worker annoying??

Or I got a coach making 5 Million Dollars a year. Or a wideout making 14 Million dollars a year.

I am supposed to set my desire as a fan to see a good player out there , aside, so that those guy won't be annoyed?

I didn't say that.

In fact, I said it doesn't matter what you think.

Edited by OJABBA