Fantastic Rosen article

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm not sure I understand the broader point he's trying to make, honestly.

Front offices are lost in defining a red flag I guess. To your point he does just seem to like rosen and hate drug abusing domestic violence getting drafted = Forbes article.

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

If Josh Rosen won more games, threw less interceptions, and didn't miss multiple games because of injury his politics and intelligence wouldn't be an issue.

Rosen may be a genius, but the narrative about how wordly and smart the guy is when compared to his actual comments seem misguided.  I think he comes across as an immature kid who has no idea who is.    If you're looking for a guy to lead a team you don't want a person who blows in the wind not someone who is constantly searching for who they are.   Rosen comes across as the guy who wants to discuss philosophy at length to show you how smart he is, but has no actual idea about real life.  Just my opinion.

And just for the record the comparison to Callaway is inane.   Rosen didnt drop to round three, he was picked 10th overall, so NFL Executives werent that terrified of him.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3

Yep.  Pretty much.   That being said, I have more faith in this front office then I have had in quite some time. I think the Rosen pick will haunt us, but I trust the process and this FO.   And I hope I’m wrong about Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

Best I can tell there was no real smoking gun regarding Rosens' character.. It was all a perception based.

One must assume that he was a horrible interview if he could not put that perception to rest though.

As for the St. Brown snub,

"The most common question I get is do I love football because I went to Notre Dame and I speak languages. That’s the common question I get.

To me that is just off the charts strange. I would view Notre Dame and speaking Multiple languages to positives, but I don't know where he was slotted ot be drafted ot begin with

Edited by ddaryl

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Rosen comes across as the guy who wants to discuss philosophy at length to show you how smart he is, but has no actual idea about real life.  Just my opinion.

Yeah he's pretentious, wouldn't want to be around him. But I'm interpreting his personality as confidence. And translating that to the ole grid iron and pigskin thing we talk about so much

Making it sound like getting picked 10th is a bad thing.   I guess Roethlisburger, Flacco, Derek Carr, Aaron Rodgers, and all the other succesful QBs drafted outside the top 10 have a gigantic axe to grind.   Or they just went to work and did their job. 

I could see if Rosen was drafted the way Rodgers was, 23rd, and then has to sit behind Favre he would have been a problem child in Green Bay.    I hope the kid grows up and gets to work other wise he won't be in the league long. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Such a silly article. Teams question St. Brown because he doesn’t want to play special teams. I bet that has a lot more to do with the slide than anything else.

I would still draft him if I thought he was a great receiver. ST guys get hurt.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think he comes across as an immature kid who has no idea who is.    If you're looking for a guy to lead a team you don't want a person who blows in the wind not someone who is constantly searching for who they are.   Rosen comes across as the guy who wants to discuss philosophy at length to show you how smart he is, but has no actual idea about real life.  Just my opinion.

And just for the record the comparison to Callaway is inane.   Rosen didnt drop to round three, he was picked 10th overall, so NFL Executives werent that terrified of him.  

LOL.  Do you realize that's the same kind of conjecture the author of the Forbes article is writing about.   You have no first hand knowledge of Rosen yet you've formed a negative opinion of him based on what?   Hearsay, etc.  

And the point about Callaway wasn't where he was drafted.  It's that the Browns had no problem drafting a kid who broke the law, got in trouble multiple times and had the poor judgement to smoke up prior to the combine, yet were put off about Rosen because of worries that he had interests beyond football.

4 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Making it sound like getting picked 10th is a bad thing.   I guess Roethlisburger, Flacco, Derek Carr, Aaron Rodgers, and all the other succesful QBs drafted outside the top 10 have a gigantic axe to grind.   Or they just went to work and did their job. 

I could see if Rosen was drafted the way Rodgers was, 23rd, and then has to sit behind Favre he would have been a problem child in Green Bay.    I hope the kid grows up and gets to work other wise he won't be in the league long. 

Scrubbing the Forbes.. I'll just say they shamelessly love him. I thought Forbes was relatively objective

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah he's pretentious, wouldn't want to be around him. But I'm interpreting his personality as confidence. And translating that to the ole grid iron and pigskin thing we talk about so much

And confidence is important.  But confidence has to have deep roots or its just arrogance.  I think it's a big deal for a person's confidence to grow with a strong base of understanding who you are.  It's the difference between Rex and McDermott.   I loved Rex, but after awhile it become clear his confidence had no depth to it and people dont respond to that type of confidence.  I think we will see the same thing with Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Its not about being drafted 10th its about having 3 QB's drafted before him and he felt he was better that they were.

That's a competitor IMO... He dosen't want to be 2nd to anyone. I never saw an issue with any of that. I have to assume he was a just a horrible interview

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

We will find out. If he implodes in Arizona then he'll get the pretentious label. If he turns into a NFL career QB it will be called confidence.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

And confidence is important.  But confidence has to have deep roots or its just arrogance.  I think it's a big deal for a person's confidence to grow with a strong base of understanding who you are.  It's the difference between Rex and McDermott.   I loved Rex, but after awhile it become clear his confidence had no depth to it and people dont respond to that type of confidence.  I think we will see the same thing with Rosen.

Well to your point we have no idea about Rosen's depth to his confidence. He's succeeded to this point on it

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

LOL.  Do you realize that's the same kind of conjecture the author of the Forbes article is writing about.   You have no first hand knowledge of Rosen yet you've formed a negative opinion of him based on what?   Hearsay, etc.  

And the point about Callaway wasn't where he was drafted.  It's that the Browns had no problem drafting a kid who broke the law, got in trouble multiple times and had the poor judgement to smoke up prior to the combine, yet were put off about Rosen because of worries that he had interests beyond football.

Agreed, but to your point you have no first hand knowledge of him to say otherwise, right?   If responses on messageboards were based on 1st hand knowledge we would all be NFL Executives or Journalists.   My opinion, which in reality means nothing and no one is paying for, is based on what I saw of the guy over the last year.   Like I said, just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I would still draft him if I thought he was a great receiver. ST guys get hurt.

That’s not the point. He has an unwillingness to sacrifice his own good for that team and that in itself is going to raise some suspicion of his “love” for the game. 

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Such a silly article. Teams question St. Brown because he doesn’t want to play special teams. I bet that has a lot more to do with the slide than anything else.

That I did not know.. Yeah if you're not all in then you're not willing to give 100%. Most players just say anything you need me to do coach I'll do it

Just now, ddaryl said:

Its not about being drafted 10th its about having 3 QB's drafted before him and he felt he was better that they were.

That's a competitor IMO... He dosen't want to be 2nd to anyone. I never saw an issue with any of that. I have to assume he was a just a horrible interview

We will find out. If he implodes in Arizona then he'll get the pretentious label. If he turns into a NFL career QB it will be called confidence.

I hope he realizes eventually that where he got drafted has nothing to do with anything.   Kelly was in the Teens, heck Marino was late 20s.   It doesn't matter where you get drafted it's what you do once you get your opportunity.   

I think he'll get it and get to work.  

Just now, Commonsense said:

That’s not the point. He has an unwillingness to sacrifice his own good for that team and that in itself is going to raise some suspicion of his “love” for the game. 

So quarterback shouldn't slide? Duck out of bounds? Many top skill position players don't do ST because they could get hurt doing that. Granted the ones that do are bad *** . Antonio brown the GOAT