Josh Allen's twitter account

8 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Only the snowflakes are bent out of shape about it.

It matters what people say on any platform: It’s naive to think it doesn’t have an impact and would have had severe implications if it was determine to be a pattern of behavior. When the tweets were first reported it’s very likely everyone thought, “Uh, oh.”  But that disapated when we learned of the context, there were just a small handful, he was 15 and most were immature not “racist.” The next question was, “Is this a pattern, how do people who now know JA feel about it?”  If it’s a shock and “No way, that’s not the guy we know” then he’s likely in the clear.  If the people said, “Yeah, I’m not surprised, then it could be a big problem.”  

Most teams, especially this Bills organization, do not want a player who could cause problems. However, there is a bit of silver lining in the tweets.  It quickly became obvious that no one believed the tweets reflected Allen’s character and that the reverse was true. Multiple sources said Josh was kind to everyone and a few cited specif examples of going out of his way to help those in need. Moreover, Josh was embarrassed, owned up to it and quickly made it clear that it did not reflect what he believed.  To me, this was good hear, because other than a few general articles, I knew little of his personality. 

Last, the tweets seemed to surprise the Bills, they had got to know him and their investigation into his background seemed incongruous. But let’s be clear, if there were some lingering questions when the tweets came out that detected a pattern, I have no doubt the Bills and other teams would have taken a walk on him. Because these things matter. 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Nope.

I don't think i have ever heard it said better that how Stephen A puts it. Should he be accountable for what he says or Tweets......sure, but accountable as a 15 year old kid is held accountable not a 21 or 22 year old adult is. Like Stephen A said, we all said stupid ****-nit when we were kids. If you can look at the person as a whole and see that it's not a reflection of who he is now, let it go. JA clearly learned from the mistake, applied what he learned and moved forward in his life. It's time everyone else moved on from this supposed story because there is clearly nothing to see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

It matters what people say on any platform: It’s naive to think it doesn’t have an impact and would have had severe implications if it was determine to be a pattern of behavior. When the tweets were first reported it’s very likely everyone thought, “Uh, oh.”  But that disapated when we learned of the context, there were just a small handful, he was 15 and most were immature not “racist.” The next question was, “Is this a pattern, how do people who now know JA feel about it?”  If it’s a shock and “No way, that’s not the guy we know” then he’s likely in the clear.  If the people said, “Yeah, I’m not surprised, then it could be a big problem.”  

Most teams, especially this Bills organization, do not want a player who could cause problems. However, there is a bit of silver lining in the tweets.  It quickly became obvious that no one believed the tweets reflected Allen’s character and that the reverse was true. Multiple sources said Josh was kind to everyone and a few cited specif examples of going out of his way to help those in need. Moreover, Josh was embarrassed, owned up to it and quickly made it clear that it did not reflect what he believed.  To me, this was good hear, because other than a few general articles, I knew little of his personality. 

Last, the tweets seemed to surprise the Bills, they had got to know him and their investigation into his background seemed incongruous. But let’s be clear, if there were some lingering questions when the tweets came out that detected a pattern, I have no doubt the Bills and other teams would have taken a walk on him. Because these things matter. 

This is all true and well stated. The problem is that even in light of all of that information and context, there were still snowflakes out there who were disgusted and wanted nothing to do with Allen.

25 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This is all true and well stated. The problem is that even in light of all of that information and context, there were still snowflakes out there who were disgusted and wanted nothing to do with Allen.

I think that has more to do with contrarian, hard-headed dislike for the front office than anything to do with the facts of the matter. 

Rosen or whoever was “their guy” and this is the complaint de jour.  

Edited by Max Fischer

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You mean the people losing their minds over Michelle Wolf?

I think both sides, including yours and the other, are certifiable nuts, but that is another topic for another part of the board

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

I think that has more to do with contrarian, hard-headed dislike for the front office than anything to do with the facts of the matter. 

Rosen or whoever was “their guy” and this is the complaint de jour.  

No it’s virtue signaling at its worst. It’s all too common nowadays and is similar to old Soviet-era denunciations.

TBH at this point it is what it is.  Those tweets were deleted in January when whoever was taking care of his draft prep found them.  The fact that they were saved and released at a later date proves that it was somebody with a vested interest in him falling.  That points to Buffalo, Arizona, Miami, or NE.  IMO it likely wasn't Buffalo, because that just seems out of character for everybody on our staff unless it was Russ Brandon, who seems like he'd do something like that.  Personally I believe it was Arizona.  They entered this draft with almost no draft capital to make a trade, and knew they'd be fighting between 1 and 4 other teams to trade up for him.  Knowing they won't win a bidding war against anybody it makes sense that they would do something desperate like that to try and knock him off of a few other teams boards.  If not Arizona it may have likely been NE.  NE seems to like the low floor high ceiling boom/bust type of QB prospects, and IMO they are getting increasingly desperate to find a Brady replacement.  I think the rumblings about how things are going down in NE have at least some basis on truth.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I didn’t like the tweets, but get he was young.  I wanted nothing to do with him because he was a bad college QB. Hope he proves me wrong on both accounts.

23 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

*TRIGGERED*

Do you have another explanation why Bob Ross prefers white on his canvas? It’s clearly a sublanimal message with his choice of color. I read a lot of articles on this very topic at the coffee shop where I hang out. 

13 hours ago, stuvian said:

I'm no twitter expert but can you not delete old tweets from your account?

Have we learned who outed these tweets on the eve of the draft? This whole thing seemed Belichickean.  

Doesn't his agent advise him on social media? If not, he should fire his agent. 

This has been badly mishandled and we are lucky that it didn't turn into a bigger media circus. 

I think we can all agree that the word "Belichickean" needs to be added to Webster's dictionary immediately. 

Belichickean - a calculated, deceitful act to serve one's self interest without regard to other meaningless values, such as integrity, fairness or respect for rules.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

LJL!

i was looking around for some vids of our new (not yet, but future HOF) QB the day after we drafted him, and all that was coming up (except on this board which lanked me up some nice high lights) was woke hot takes on his tweets.

one woke clown tard, who i think was a basketball player, was getting homotional and saying the n bomb tweet from allen was hostile and confrontational, and not like some other tweet by some other person which was quoting a rap song.  needless to say, lolz were had.  i actually recognized the song that allen tweeted!  he also tweeted some tv show, and made a joke about penis (which i found personally offensive, because that's a symbol of the patriarchy and she persisted and i'm with her).

i do remember some very angry posters here talking about how his tweets, as a 15 year old, were horrible and very concerning.  and i agree, because how dare anyone do anything!

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Do you have another explanation why Bob Ross prefers white on his canvas? It’s clearly a sublanimal message with his choice of color. I read a lot of articles on this very topic at the coffee shop where I hang out. 

It's clear there is no other explanation. That super liberal racist hippie did that with the illest intentions. Watch out at those coffee shops too! :ph34r:

Just now, joesixpack said:

Am I factually incorrect? All it takes is perceived racism nowadays to cost people jobs and livelihoods.

Check your privilege at the door, sir.......s/

That is the sarcasm font, no?

33 minutes ago, colin said:

LJL!

i was looking around for some vids of our new (not yet, but future HOF) QB the day after we drafted him, and all that was coming up (except on this board which lanked me up some nice high lights) was woke hot takes on his tweets.

one woke clown tard, who i think was a basketball player, was getting homotional and saying the n bomb tweet from allen was hostile and confrontational, and not like some other tweet by some other person which was quoting a rap song.  needless to say, lolz were had.  i actually recognized the song that allen tweeted!  he also tweeted some tv show, and made a joke about penis (which i found personally offensive, because that's a symbol of the patriarchy and she persisted and i'm with her).

i do remember some very angry posters here talking about how his tweets, as a 15 year old, were horrible and very concerning.  and i agree, because how dare anyone do anything!

*Slow clap*