Cam Newton scouting report compares to Josh Allen

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like that about chick-Fil-a. People are like religiously into it. I’m all “meh”

I think this stuff is mostly driven by social media. These places are well known enough that people can post the photos, and their friends can relate to it. If they just went to Joe's Burgers, and had a great burger, no one could swoon over the pic.

I find that kind of behavior rather sad.

Edited by OJABBA

1 minute ago, OJABBA said:

I think this stuff is mostly driven by social media. These places are well known enough that it people can post the photos, and their friends can relate to it. If they just went to Joe's Burgers, and had a great burger, no one could swoon over the pic.

I find that kind of behavior rather sad.

You're right that there are lots of places with great burgers. And that a good deal of stuff is driven by social media these days. But In-n-Out is a total exception. They don't do a lot of major advertising. It was just as crowded before social media even existed. You must admit that the lines outside of In-n-outs are nothing like you have ever seen, and it's every one of them. There is one right by my place and it is busy every day from the time it opens until it closes, 7 days a week. At lunch they need two different people walking up to cars waiting in line and taking their orders. I have never seen that anywhere.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Cut to the chase:

If Allen turns into a perfect clone of Cam, is it good enough?

Not possible ..... but if he did, yes, it would be good enough.

Between Chudzinski and Shula with Conservative Rivera over the top and a lack of high level Offensive player to support him Cam has knocked it out of the Ball Park often.

This year , Cam has his Best supporting cast . 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

You're right that there are lots of places with great burgers. And that a good deal of stuff is driven by social media these days. But In-n-Out is a total exception. They don't do a lot of major advertising. It was just as crowded before social media even existed. You must admit that the lines outside of In-n-outs are nothing like you have ever seen, and it's every one of them. There is one right by my place and it is busy every day from the time it opens until it closes, 7 days a week. At lunch they need two different people walking up to cars waiting in line and taking their orders. I have never seen that anywhere.

I just went 2 days ago (Carson Blvd. Long Beach Center), and there was no line. They are good, but really, it's just a burger, man. And again, when one of the first things out of a visitor's mouth is "let's go to In-N-Out, we want to try it" something is off. It's not that special, and there is something else driving that ambition.

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Really?

Rookie Cam had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen, and Williams / Stewart.  That's ALL.  I don't think Shady / Clay / Benjamin is THAT far off what Cam was working with.

He also had Shockey and in Chuds O he slung it all over in the two TE set

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Agreed he is not there yet. However only 19, the most athletic ILB I have ever seen, incredible size and length and come from a football family. At the end of the day I believe Tremaine ends up a better ILB 

ONLY with impeccable film room study habits!

Luke is ridiculous in his ability to sniff out plays and know which gap to hit or when to drop

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like that about chick-Fil-a. People are like religiously into it. I’m all “meh”

It’s like “ Healthy Fast food” . You can eat it and not be sick to your stomach. A tough trick to pull off with a fried chicken sandwich.

But, I agree, it isn’t the Be all End all.

45 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Blasphemer!!

In-n-out is awesome, and most people seem to think so considering I have never seen any restaurant of any kind in any place where there is a line at all times, and the drive thru often has 20-40 cars in line. All day.

19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Would anyone like my 2¢ on this? :D

“ Cam can’t read a D” “ We don’t need Allen to lock onto his receiver like Cam” “ We need Allen to anticipate his throws unlike Cam.” 

Etc, etc, etc.......,

??

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The prior Bills management would have destroyed Newton, by not giving him the time nor surrounding him with the players he needed to develop.

This does not give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

We really cannot assume  Beane/McDermott ==   Whaley/<Insert your HC of choice>

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We really cannot assume  Beane/McDermott ==   Whaley/<Insert your HC of choice>

Why not?  Since Jim Kelly, the Bills have had seven GMs and - excluding interim HCs - seven different head coaches.  One thing they all have in common is that they never, ever, ever managed to approach developing any quarterback - of which they've had more than a dozen.

"But this time it's different!"  Yeah, sure...it's not different until it is different.