Turning Point for the Pegulas

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

They did have less than 20% odds but they still had the best odds to win. I believe it was 18.5%

I remember the kid making the statement around 4 p.m., just going into a local news break, and was sure he implied that with winning the lottery, the first pick was not guaranteed.

Drafting a QB in top 10 for first time ever and potentially getting a franchise QB in Allen and dibs on a superstar in Dahlin in same few days is amazing.  

Still feels like both organizations are 2 or maybe even 3 years away from deep playoff contention ability due to a lack of organizational depth though and not sure the regimes messages will survive that before more shake-ups but hopefully they find a way to accelerate that.

20 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I remember the kid making the statement around 4 p.m., just going into a local news break, and was sure he implied that with winning the lottery, the first pick was not guaranteed.

He must have meant having the worst record, the first pick isn’t guaranteed 

1 hour ago, napmaster said:

April 2018 has the potential to be the pivotal moment in the Pegulas tenure.  I stress it as the potential to be.

Buffalo Bills
Josh Allen is the franchise quarterback prospect they coveted and they were able to get him without sacrificing their second 1st round pick.  Shockingly, by protecting that pick they were able to maneuver to get Tremaine Edmunds.  This draft could be remembered as the draft where the Bills got their leader on offense and defense for a decade. 

Buffalo Sabres
They finally WON the NHL draft lottery.  With that win they get to select Rasmus Dahlin, who looks to be a transformative player not just for the Sabres, but potentially for the Defenseman position in the league.

No one knows how this will ultimately play out, but the past 3 days could very well be the turning point in the Pegula's ownership legacy.

All this tells me is the draft is the highlight of pegula sports entertainment. The product on the ice or field so far hasnt been very consistent.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So to sum up, the Sabres are complete garbage and unwatchable for 3 years & get rewarded for their awfulness.  Then Pegula gets a man crush on an inaccurate cowboy and drafts him over the better pro prospect because he will shut up and play football. Go Pegula!!!

just kidding, I love them and hope you are right.  Terry is an awful speaking but Kim is hot and they genuinely love Buffalo. 

I could listen to Kim talk all day and night too! (even if she talks in her sleep)

Seriously, Do we have the hottest looking owner in the league?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

All this tells me is the draft is the highlight of pegula sports entertainment. The product on the ice or field so far hasnt been very consistent.

We can't all luck into 6th round HOF QB's. 

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Bills- Cordy Glenn barely played last season. Dion Dawkins stepped right in and was spectacular. Incognito is 35 years old and was definitely on the downside of his career. I believe Groy can fill that spot without losing much. Wood was a very underrated center that’s what’s going to hurt the most. We signed Bodine from Cincinnati to replace him. We drafted an absolute monster in Teller who may even start this season. On paper we’re a better team right now than we were in Jacksonville 

amen,amen and amen. we will score over 100 more points on offense and our defense will be top 10. there's no way we take a step back.  the turnovers saved us last year. our sack total will almost triple.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He was right. You kinda heard right. They divided the lottery up into two parts. The first part was which three teams were going to have a chance at the top pick. The Sabres, even finishing last, had a chance to draft fourth. So you heard the radio guy say they won the lottery because they were one of the three teams in the finals. Plus, it's generally regarded that there were three stud players in this draft and by getting into top three we would get one of them. 

The second half of the lottery was announced almost three hours later. That was the order of the top three. And we won that too. So you kind of heard right. The NHL confused the situation not the intern. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He was right. You kinda heard right. They divided the lottery up into two parts. The first part was which three teams were going to have a chance at the top pick. The Sabres, even finishing last, had a chance to draft fourth. So you heard the radio guy say they won the lottery because they were one of the three teams in the finals. Plus, it's generally regarded that there were three stud players in this draft and by getting into top three we would get one of them. 

The second half of the lottery was announced almost three hours later. That was the order of the top three. And we won that too. So you kind of heard right. The NHL confused the situation not the intern. 

Excellent explanation.  Thank you!

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So to sum up, the Sabres are complete garbage and unwatchable for 3 years & get rewarded for their awfulness.  Then Pegula gets a man crush on an inaccurate cowboy and drafts him over the better pro prospect because he will shut up and play football. Go Pegula!!!

just kidding, I love them and hope you are right.  Terry is an awful speaking but Kim is hot and they genuinely love Buffalo. 

And you are an awful typing.

19 hours ago, Chris66 said:

For the Sabres it has been consistently bad in fact.  Downright deplorable hockey turning our arena into a morgue.  

Edited by Bob in STL

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

“Terry is an awful speaking” I’m not that good at the English but I thinks that’s awful. Kim is hot so it’s okay that Terry is awful!

Do better or change your name to something like Maybin58.