Preliminary draft grades on the AFC East

What do you guys think?

New England drafted a 1st round RB with bone on bone his knees, felt like they blew that pick, he would of been there in the 3rd.

The Jets scored Darnold very high but jeez they sure didn't do anything to help him, he is going to get killed behind that line and he will have no targets to throw to. The Jets drafted a guy that had all the help in the world at USC and now he is playing at the pro level with less help than he had in college! (As much as people want to criticize our roster, Josh Allen played with absolutely no help at Wyoming whereas now he has Shady, Benjamin, Clay and a budding player in O'Leary, it should be interesting to see how this plays out.)

The Dolphins I felt had a solid draft, Fitzpatrick a Gesicki were solid high end picks, I'd give them a solid B+ for their draft grade.

F for failure. Paid way too much for the trades.  Drafted the wrong !@#$ing Josh, so Billsy. 

Not a good sign for Bean and McDermott. In two years our next regime will get it right, hopefully. These guys are not going to last. 

Edited by Carter
  • Sad 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Bills A+ 

NE  C- 

Mia - B 

Jets - B+ 

Beane and the Boys won this draft 

I felt like the Bills could have had a very average draft if Harrison Phillips wasn't there at #96. Was anybody really expecting that? I think Allen and Edmunds will be All-Pros but if you only walk away with 2 starters from your draft with so many picks, that's terrible but I would bet both my testicles we walk away with 3 high end starters minimum, could even be 4 with Siran Neal, that was a nice midround pick for us.

Right now, I give the Bills a solid A for executing their year-long plan and delivering a potentially big-time  chosen one franchise QB. The fact that Beane got it done without burning multiple 1's is just outstanding. Edmunds is quite the icing on the cake. I would've given an A+ if they took Rosen, but I will defer to the process and trust their judgment.

!@#$ the other 3 teams.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Allen and Edmunds will be All-Pros but if you only walk away with 2 starters from your draft with so many picks, that's terrible 

What? If they drafted a QB that's an All-Pro then it's one of the most successful drafts in franchise history, regardless of what happens to the other picks. I think maybe you're confusing All-Pro with Pro Bowl.

I'll give them a B+. We got one of the top-4 QB's and a top LB without burning next year's 1st round pick. I didn't think they could pull that off entering the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Carter said:

F for failure. Paid way too much for the trades.  Drafted the wrong !@#$ing Josh, so Billsy. 

Not a good sign for Bean and McDermott. In two years our next regime will get it right, hopefully. These guys are not going to last. 

I'm curious what you ( and southern tier) would have done differently . Are you advocating for a scenario where the Bills took say, Edmunds at 12, Jackson at 22 then an OL, WR, DB at 53, 56, 65? Just what would you have preferred . Your critique offers no other plan that could have been executed. 

12 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

NE ain't looking for long term players. They want to win another SB. You think they care if his bone on bone means he plays for 2 or 3 years?

Agreed.

I give it:

Buffalo B+ (day 1 was an A+ for me, I liked Phillips in the third too. The rest of the draft was a bunch of garbage to me)

Jets A for darnold, I didn't see the rest of their picks

Miami A for Fitzpatrick

Ne had a really good draft too imo

AFC East has a good draft overall

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm curious what you ( and southern tier) would have done differently . Are you advocating for a scenario where the Bills took say, Edmunds at 12, Jackson at 22 then an OL, WR, DB at 53, 56, 65? Just what would you have preferred . Your critique offers no other plan that could have been executed. 

First you take Rosen (no brainer).   Then you keep 22 and pick BPA. Easy as can be. Beane panicked and failed. 

Couldn’t have been worse. 

Edited by Carter

9 minutes ago, QCity said:

What? If they drafted a QB that's an All-Pro then it's one of the most successful drafts in franchise history, regardless of what happens to the other picks. I think maybe you're confusing All-Pro with Pro Bowl.

I'll give them a B+. We got one of the top-4 QB's and a top LB without burning next year's 1st round pick. I didn't think they could pull that off entering the draft. 

Don't put words in my mouth, I meant All-Pro. I think Allen is the best QB in the draft and Edmunds has a Brian Urlacher ceiling. This is the best draft I've seen for the Bills in my 31 years as a fan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carter said:

First you take Rosen (no brained). Then you keep 22 and pick BPA. Easy as can be. Beane panicked and failed. 

The Bills kept 22 . Where was the panic ? Rosen was available to them, and they didn't want him. Plain and simple, they didn't like Rosen for whatever reason. They kept 22 and had a choice of QBs, which sounds like exactly what you would have wanted them to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

First you take Rosen (no brainer).   Then you keep 22 and pick BPA. Easy as can be. Beane panicked and failed. 

Couldn’t have been worse. 

So...you DONT want Edmunds? Potential All-pro for years to come?

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills kept 22 . Where was the panic ? Rosen was available to them, and they didn't want him. Plain and simple, they didn't like Rosen for whatever reason. They kept 22 and had a choice of QBs, which sounds like exactly what you would have wanted them to do. 

No they didn’t keep 22. They traded it for a lb. 

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I like Edmunds but not at that cost. Way too expensive. 

9 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Exactly. You weren't going to get that top ten prospect ( at a position of huge need) with pick 22. Giving pick 65 to nab a top ten LB is how you work the draft. Edmunds was by far the BPA when they moved up to get him . 

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

No they didn’t keep 22. They traded it for a lb. 

I like Edmunds but not at that cost. Way too expensive. 

They kept it , then had it available to get a top ten player in the draft. For just the 65th pick they stole for a QB they didn't want. It was brilliant, really. The 65 th pick in the draft is NOT too steep a price for a top ten ranked prospect . 

Edited by Boatdrinks