RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

He is a raw piece of clay ready to be molded and “processed”!  

He is oozing potential

-Elite Size ( Cam, Wentz, Early Big Ben)

-Elite Arm Strength ( he believes in his arm and if mine was that strong I would too)

- He can move, ( he does vacate a clean pocket more than I would prefer but he will be coached up)

- He is super gritty (fights for extra yardage, numerous hurdles over defenders on film)

-  37 Wonderlic! He is a smart kid, articulate and did great on the whiteboard (hopefully translates into mastering Brian Daboll’s playbook-with the hope down the line he is calling plays at the line of scrimmage being in complete control of the offense, assessing what the  defense is giving him and making the correct play call and key audibles based off matchups)

- Hardworker! Look at how much he has already improved in the offseason, just from the senior bowl to the combine he definitely refined his mechanics. 

I can’t wait to see him grow into a franchise QB. We have our QB for the next decade! Remember Bills fans there will definitely be some growing pains and he does have a lot of work to put in to reach his ceiling (top 5 Qb, All Pro) but it’s going to be an amazing ride! 

#BUFFALOBALLEN!

:wub:

If he can run for 20 or 30 yards a game I might have to change my assessment of their record this year. Being that large with good athletic ability is a plus to his arm. I don't know if he'll ever be a great pocket passer but he could be Newton if he runs it some. I hope that's what they see in him. I hope that's how they use him, at least early in his career. If so they could be good this year.

14 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

He is a raw piece of clay ready to be molded and “processed”!  

He is oozing potential

-Elite Size ( Cam, Wentz, Early Big Ben)

-Elite Arm Strength ( he believes in his arm and if mine was that strong I would too)

- He can move, ( he does vacate a clean pocket more than I would prefer but he will be coached up)

- He is super gritty (fights for extra yardage, numerous hurdles over defenders on film)

-  37 Wonderlic! He is a smart kid, articulate and did great on the whiteboard (hopefully translates into mastering Brian Daboll’s playbook-with the hope down the line he is calling plays at the line of scrimmage being in complete control of the offense, assessing what the  defense is giving him and making the correct play call and key audibles based off matchups)

- Hardworker! Look at how much he has already improved in the offseason, just from the senior bowl to the combine he definitely refined his mechanics. 

I can’t wait to see him grow into a franchise QB. We have our QB for the next decade! Remember Bills fans there will definitely be some growing pains and he does have a lot of work to put in to reach his ceiling (top 5 Qb, All Pro) but it’s going to be an amazing ride! 

#BUFFALOBALLEN!

:wub:

He really does possess a very rare package of skills!

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If he can run for 20 or 30 yards a game I might have to change my assessment of their record this year. Being that large with good athletic ability is a plus to his arm. I don't know if he'll ever be a great pocket passer but he could be Newton if he runs it some. I hope that's what they see in him. I hope that's how they use him, at least early in his career. If so they could be good this year.

I certainly believe Daboll will implement some RPO elements with him and Shady just because it keeps the defense honest and allows easier reads for your young QB. 

1 minute ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

I certainly believe Daboll will implement some RPO elements with him and Shady just because it keeps the defense honest and allows easier reads for your young QB. 

I have stopped looking at him as a pocket QB. I think that is where I say he can't possibly be good. If they build a two reads and run offense like 'Bama 2018 it could be fun this year.

When I hear his name called I had the typical "wtf" moment, but this kid is growing on me.  And the more I hear Rosen popping off his chops, the happier I get that we took Allen.  I think he may have the ability to surpass Darnold and Mayfield. That's a big if, but he seems like the type of kid who is going to mature into a leader and keep his head intact.  

Darnold's loose ball tendencies in the NY winter may Sanchise him. Mayfield may still be the best, but he seems like a kid who's one tick away from exploding and doing something bad off field that will drag down the clubhouse. Rosen is in a good situation in AZ. Perhaps better than Buff, where he can learn from Palmer and recover from the head injuries. 

The dark horse is Rudolph. Pitt always has good teams and sitting behind Ben will get him ready to shine. Bottom line is that I think each team got the QB best suited for their environment. Next up, Lauletta, White or Woodside in NE. My bet is Lauletta in the 4th.  3 years from now he is Tom 1.5, not a full clone, but close enough to keep NE competitive.

Such a terrible title for a thread considering we just landed Tremaine Edmunds and Harrison Phillips.  The draft is terrible after 2 picks are made and you didn’t like the QB that was drafted.  Harrison Phillips is terrrible.......not.  Tremaine Edmunds could be the best player in the entire draft in a year or two.  Allen has the most upside of any QB in the draft imo.  Develop and win.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Art in RTP said:

The quarterback sneak is back in the playbook 

Hopefully QB draw and QB swing and QB option as well. Now you build passes off those and we're moving the ball.

Edited by CuddyDark

8 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Overpaid for getting a potential franchise QB and yet we kept our 2nd first round pick?  Some predicted we would have to give up three first round picks.  What do you think about that?  

Not for 7.  I meant some predicted we would have to give up 3 first round picks to get our QB.  When you trade up from outside ten to inside ten and are fighting off other offers to get a potential franchise QB...yeah you are going to overpay for whatever value is in the trade charts.  Those aren't cut and dry.  Offers will go up if there is competition for the pick.  Why is anyone surprised by that?  They ended up getting a potential franchise QB and kept their other first round pick.  That is a major win for us IMO.  Some had us trading the farm and only getting a QB.  That was the point I was trying to make

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don't know if he'll be the next Brett Favre or Ryan Leaf, but I'm totally on board with him as our QB.  Good luck to you, Josh...let your Bills career......Begin!

The kid could be a bust, but his attitude is too good for him to be Ryan Leaf and his work ethic is to good for him to be Jamarcus Russell. Most guys bust because of a combination of an entitled attitude and a lack of skills. There are of course exceptions, including a few recent ones for the Bills but I expect Josh Allen to take the opportunity that he has been given and to run with it.