Two Bills Drive wall bloggers got what they wanted

I have been saying since Buffalo got to the 12th pick they should stay put. Bills get Allen (high potential) and Edmunds MLB ( 2 best linebacker. It cost us 53,56 and 65. that is allot and why I wanted to stay put. The way it worked out we could have had Edmunds at 12 and got Rudolph at 22 or waited till 2 or 3rd round and got Lauletta. We would still have gotten some pretty good players at 53, 56 and 65. Bills got had because fans have been crying so long for a franchise guy it strapped their hands. Hope all you guys that were calling for this are happy. Allen sits TWO years guaranteed. Now we still have holes to fill and don't have a pick till 96. I would take Edmunds Rudolph and 53,56 and 65 over Allen and Edmunds. WAY TOO GO "Message Boarder's"  (BLOGGERS)!

Edited by USABuffaloFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I have been saying since Buffalo got to the 12th pick they should stay put. Bills get Allen (high potential) and Edmunds MLB ( 2 best linebacker. It cost us 53,56 and 65. that is allot and why I wanted to stay put. The way it worked out we could have had Edmunds at 12 and got Rudolph at 22 or waited till 2 or 3rd round and got Lauletta. We would still have gotten some pretty good players at 53, 56 and 65. Bills got had because fans have been crying so long for a franchise guy it strapped their hands. Hope all you guys that were calling for this are happy. Allen sits TWO years guaranteed. Now we still have holes to fill and don't have a pick till 96. I would take Edmunds Rudolph and 53,56 and 65 over Allen and Edmunds. WAY TOO GO BLOGGERS!

Please stop it with the Rudolph and holes argument. Rudolph is not a 1st round talent in any way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I have been saying since Buffalo got to the 12th pick they should stay put. Bills get Allen (high potential) and Edmunds MLB ( 2 best linebacker. It cost us 53,56 and 65. that is allot and why I wanted to stay put. The way it worked out we could have had Edmunds at 12 and got Rudolph at 22 or waited till 2 or 3rd round and got Lauletta. We would still have gotten some pretty good players at 53, 56 and 65. Bills got had because fans have been crying so long for a franchise guy it strapped their hands. Hope all you guys that were calling for this are happy. Allen sits TWO years guaranteed. Now we still have holes to fill and don't have a pick till 96. I would take Edmunds Rudolph and 53,56 and 65 over Allen and Edmunds. WAY TOO GO BLOGGERS!

Lauletta is going to be a nothing in the NFL

I guess they just rolled the "tank" over to this season since they couldn't even do that properly last year.

Start McCarron behind a Swiss cheese OL, with no weapons, let him take a beating. Then next year they have $100 Mil in cap space, and top 5 draft position.

• Like (+1) 3

Gotta love the fans who think they know better than people who do this for a living and have been at it for literally multiple decades.

By no means are McBeane proven at their jobs because they've both made mistakes. At least now there seems to be a plan whereas previously it was people making more random decisions. 

If Allen doesn't pan out they know it's on them. One thing I know is next year they won't trade up for a WR, draft a RB high, or say they were in QB purgatory. 

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Gotta love the fans who think they know better than people who do this for a living and have been at it for literally multiple decades.

By no means are McBeane proven at their jobs because they've both made mistakes. At least now there seems to be a plan whereas previously it was people making more random decisions. 

If Allen doesn't pan out they know it's on them. One thing I know is next year they won't trade up for a WR, draft a RB high, or say they were in QB purgatory. 

To be fair, “the guys who do this for a living” have been god awful for the last 20 years.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, fridge said:

To be fair, “the guys who do this for a living” have been god awful for the last 20 years.

Some personnel people are clearly better than others.  And there's no way OBD is handling personnel the same way they've done for years. 

11 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Allen isn't ideal by any means but he's leagues better than guys like Rudolph and Lauletta.

The price was too high though.

Not arguing who is Allen because we difintely don't know. I wouldn't care if we had drafted Rosen too, my thought is still the same losing 53, 56 and 65 for a QB was stupid because he won't be playing or will be forced to play. Why did they get McCarron, seems to me if Allen is your guy you would have got a Veteran to work with Allen not someone who wants to compete for the job. We could today have Daniels, Chark, Rudolph, Pettis, etc.. to our team but now where does our WR, C/G come from. Our roster is adequate but definitely need some upgrades. 

13 hours ago, cd1 said:

Not for nothin' - this is NOT a blog and we are NOT bloggers.

We are on a web page with articles and commenting with no real media back ground pretending to be opinionated media writers, I am including me. What would you call it? Not a direct comment section to a specific article.

12 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Allen isn't ideal by any means but he's leagues better than guys like Rudolph and Lauletta.

The price was too high though.

He definitely now is drafted higher because of physical skills but your opinion is just that. You have no idea whether these guys turn into good pros. Bills don't know Allen will, they are desperate for a franchise QB and Bills have never picked a QB this high before.

4 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Not arguing who is Allen because we difintely don't know. I wouldn't care if we had drafted Rosen too, my thought is still the same losing 53, 56 and 65 for a QB was stupid because he won't be playing or will be forced to play. Why did they get McCarron, seems to me if Allen is your guy you would have got a Veteran to work with Allen not someone who wants to compete for the job. We could today have Daniels, Chark, Rudolph, Pettis, etc.. to our team but now where does our WR, C/G come from. Our roster is adequate but definitely need some upgrades. 

We are on a web page with articles and commenting with no real media back ground pretending to be opinionated media writers, I am including me. What would you call it? Not a direct comment section to a specific article.

This is referred to as a MESSAGE BOARD.

People here discuss TOPICS.

No one here is writing articles. They are simply stating an opinion of asking a question to start a discussion.

BLOGS are real things - THIS is not them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, cd1 said:

This is referred to as a MESSAGE BOARD.

People here discuss TOPICS.

No one here is writing articles. They are simply stating an opinion of asking a question to start a discussion.

BLOGS are real things - THIS is not them.

Fixed

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But we would have had Rudolph, in this scenario. Just want to point out he’s not ... good.

allen might not be either but Rudolph is basically Peterman. 

Rudolph will be selected in the 2nd round, Peterman was drafted in the 5th round. That puts Rudolph closer to being Allen then Peterman.

13 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I have been saying since Buffalo got to the 12th pick they should stay put. Bills get Allen (high potential) and Edmunds MLB ( 2 best linebacker. It cost us 53,56 and 65. that is allot and why I wanted to stay put. The way it worked out we could have had Edmunds at 12 and got Rudolph at 22 or waited till 2 or 3rd round and got Lauletta. We would still have gotten some pretty good players at 53, 56 and 65. Bills got had because fans have been crying so long for a franchise guy it strapped their hands. Hope all you guys that were calling for this are happy. Allen sits TWO years guaranteed. Now we still have holes to fill and don't have a pick till 96. I would take Edmunds Rudolph and 53,56 and 65 over Allen and Edmunds. WAY TOO GO "Message Boarder's"  (BLOGGERS)!

I'll disagree. The Bills didn't pick a QB because of the fans. They picked one because they didn't have one. That's pretty simple. Also, did you notice that ALL the QBs selected outside of pick 1 were moved up for? And that Rudolph was not among them? I'd have been just fine with taking a LB at 12 , hanging onto the picks and going QB at 22. But that QB would have been Jackson, not Rudolph imo. There's a reason Rudolph is still on the board. Your entire premise is flawed though, because " bloggers" had zero influence on the drafts outcome regardless of their preference. I was all for a move up, I just didn't want to do it for Allen. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Fixed

Rudolph will be selected in the 2nd round, Peterman was drafted in the 5th round. That puts Rudolph closer to being Allen then Peterman.

I liked Rudolph too, but after watching round 1 last night, it is obvious he was not a round 1 talent.  He may not even go until round 4 or 5.  Someone may take him in round 2, but it won't be looked at as a steal.  We got a guy in Allen that could be a superstar.  He has all the tools and he was the guy the Bill front office and scouts targeted.  Now he gets to be coached by NFL coaches.  You are falling for the same thing I did, by listening to these draftnik guys who tell us who is good and who isn't.  Unless you are a scout, work or worked for an NFL team, then you really don't know anything.

24 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Not arguing who is Allen because we difintely don't know. I wouldn't care if we had drafted Rosen too, my thought is still the same losing 53, 56 and 65 for a QB was stupid because he won't be playing or will be forced to play. Why did they get McCarron, seems to me if Allen is your guy you would have got a Veteran to work with Allen not someone who wants to compete for the job.

I'm always under the impression that competition is healthy and breeds success.