Job's & Medical For Everyone!

Dante

11 hours ago, GG said:

Well, there’s a government job open now.

Laws are for little people, part #45,732

Another Chris Christie Port Authority victory. 

Dumbasses who don't know where their registration is get stopped by local Jersey cops, who get berated by a Port Authority bimbo.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the only innocent victim in that story - the license plate bracket.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Go tell that to all the Trump voters in WV that want the government to make coal work for them (filthy coal we don't need) 

So hypocritical to act like Democrats are the only ones that pander to the work averse 

Glad to see you admit that the democrats pander to the "work averse".

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Dumbasses who don't know where their registration is get stopped by local Jersey cops, who get berated by a Port Authority bimbo.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the only innocent victim in that story - the license plate bracket.

I got a ticket once for having a license plate bracket that slightly covered up the name of the state on the plate. 

Friggin local Barney Fife in northern NJ. :angry:

52 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I got a ticket once for having a license plate bracket that slightly covered up the name of the state on the plate. 

Did you have your mommy come and berate the cop for you as well?

Wasit the same cop?   :P

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nanker said:

New Jersey, in my opinion, has the rudest and most road raged drivers in the country. I've heard that the typical car from NJ gets 3 horn replacements in its lifetime.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

New Jersey, in my opinion, has the rudest and most road raged drivers in the country. I've heard that the typical car from NJ gets 3 horn replacements in its lifetime.

Never been to Boston, have you?

All the road rage of Jersey, superimposed on a road network designed by Escher.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

each city has its own egregious impediments to a driver

Pittsburgh's road signs are behind bridge barriers and you can't read them until you are right on them and its too late

40 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If you mean a car is riding your bumper because you're doing 55MPH in the left lane, you're correct.

BTW, I've never heard as many horns as at traffic lights in Miami.  You get honked if you're a split second late getting off green.  At first I thought it was rude, but then it dawned on me that it's a preemptive move to wake the driver in front of you.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Yes, I've been to Boston but it has been awhile. I don't recall anything different than any large city. I've spent a lot of time traveling throughout NJ though and the shear preponderance of rudeness is my recollection. The next time I see someone from NJ let another vehicle into their lane will be the first time.

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Things like this are bound to happen in an area where the break down lane is also the high speed lane.

As a friend in college from Boston once explained to me: as Boston grew from a colonial town into a thriving metropolis, and expanded outwards in to the pastureland, the city just turned all the cowpaths in to roads.

So basically the city of Boston was laid out by cows.  

Which explains almost everything about driving in Boston.  Big Dig excepted.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

As a friend in college from Boston once explained to me: as Boston grew from a colonial town into a thriving metropolis, and expanded outwards in to the pastureland, the city just turned all the cowpaths in to roads.

So basically the city of Boston was laid out by cows.  

Which explains almost everything about driving in Boston.  Big Dig excepted.

That's a fairly accurate description of most of the major cities in New England to be honest.

I was being serious, by the way.  During rush hour the breakdown lane, where you expect to find disabled cars, and where slow moving traffic merges onto the highway, is opened up as a high speed traffic lane.

5 hours ago, TPS said:

That's the idea; welfare programs would be replaced by a jobs guarantee program. I would think conservatives would like that. The wage paid would also set a floor for the private sector. 

I'm for the federal government proving that it can live within its means for a period of years before any additional underfunded programs are unveiled. 

That and these programs have no limits.  Once the pols realize that 25% of the available and unemployed workforce doesn't want to work, we'll have to have separate benefits for them. 

11 minutes ago, GG said:

If you mean a car is riding your bumper because you're doing 55MPH in the left lane, you're correct.

BTW, I've never heard as many horns as at traffic lights in Miami.  You get honked if you're a split second late getting off green.  At first I thought it was rude, but then it dawned on me that it's a preemptive move to wake the driver in front of you.

The state that I think must teach their drivers to match the speed of the vehicle beside them is Ohio. Those drivers are left lane roadblocks.

58 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's because they make you turn right and exit before you can go left there so drivers are pissed off as soon as they back out of the driveway.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The state that I think must teach their drivers to match the speed of the vehicle beside them is Ohio. Those drivers are left lane roadblocks.

Those are ADL jam cars.  The Anti Destination League. 

Edited by keepthefaith