2018 schedule leak

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I read that the NFL was looking at announcing it on April 17th, but that was back in February.

Isnt it usually a Tuesday when they announce it? If so, that would fit with what you remember. 

They have a lot to deal with.  Stadium conflicts as all the new stadiums now have concerts and other events that may interfere (even its impact on the playing surface).  Games in London.  Making sure bye weeks and TNF doesn't give one team a significant advantage.  MNF road teams play at home the next week.  Flex scheduling.  Trying to keep all four major networks happy with marquee match-ups in their prime time slot.  Making sure West Coast teams don't play an excessive amount of games at 1pm on the East Coast.  It really is a challenge for them to get it done a week before the draft.

6 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

I'm hoping for 16 games on Sundays at 1pm and a week 9 bye.

Not gonna happen.  They made the playoffs last year and likely to trade up for a shiny new rookie QB.  They will have a Sunday or Monday night game and a couple 4:15 games I’d imagine.  

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

They have a lot to deal with.  Stadium conflicts as all the new stadiums now have concerts and other events that may interfere (even its impact on the playing surface).  Games in London.  Making sure bye weeks and TNF doesn't give one team a significant advantage.  MNF road teams play at home the next week.  Flex scheduling.  Trying to keep all four major networks happy with marquee match-ups in their prime time slot.  Making sure West Coast teams don't play an excessive amount of games at 1pm on the East Coast.  It really is a challenge for them to get it done a week before the draft.

don't forget to add in that almost every owner/FO are making requests also

Edited by Tsaikotic

Previous years schedule release dates....

16 years....

Tuesday 6 times

Wednesday 4 times

Thursday 6 times

With the draft on next Thursday, I would expect at this point either next Tuesday or Wednesday. If not, then not until the week after the draft. 

Year Date
Day of Week
2017 April 20
Thursday
2016 April 14
Thursday
2015 April 21
Tuesday
2014 April 23
Wednesday
2013 April 18
Thursday
2012 April 17
Tuesday
2011 April 19
Tuesday
2010 April 20
Tuesday
2009 April 14
Tuesday
2008 April 15
Tuesday
2007 April 11
Wednesday
2006 April 6
Thursday
2005 April 13
Wednesday
2004 April 14
Wednesday
2003 April 3
Thursday
2002 March 28
Thursday

@Just Jack I can't imagine they'll wait until after the draft.  People are starting to tire of the draft talk (well, I am) and releasing the schedule a week out ramps up interest again.  After the draft everything is abuzz with rookie minicamps, OTAs, etc., so they don't need that "boost."

If the schedule isn't released this week I'll be very surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

@Just Jack I can't imagine they'll wait until after the draft.  People are starting to tire of the draft talk (well, I am) and releasing the schedule a week out ramps up interest again.  After the draft everything is abuzz with rookie minicamps, OTAs, etc., so they don't need that "boost."

If the schedule isn't released this week I'll be very surprised.

Also they can talk matchups during the draft then. I know we have opponents already but “see rookie qb square off with Brady week 2” is far more interesting than “they will play Brady sometime this year”

• Like (+1) 1