Historic winter storm continues

Ice bowl 67

We have gotten a foot already just overnight into Saturday morning. It is still snowing now with freezing rain mixed in and we have another 12 to 18 forecasted for all day tommorow into Monday morning. Green Bay now has the snowiest April on record ever. This is the worst April I have ever seen. Granted we have had cold, chilly rainy and snowy ones but nothing like this. The last nice spring we have had was 2012 when it was 80 in March already. Since then our winters have been longer and a lot shorter summers. You guys think the same about Buffalo and are you getting this storm?

Edited by Ice bowl 67

I can only speak for Rochester...We're supposed to get an ice storm. I was supposed to go out, I live by Lake Ontario, and my car was covered in a sheet of ice so I stayed in. Heard it's fine like 5 mins south of my house, don't know if that kept up through out the night though. 

7 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

We have gotten a foot already just overnight into Saturday morning. It is still snowing now with freezing rain mixed in and we have another 12 to 18 forecasted for all day tommorow into Monday morning. Green Bay now has the snowiest April on record ever. This is the worst April I have ever seen. Granted we have had cold, chilly rainy and snowy ones but nothing like this. The last nice spring we have had was 2012 when it was 80 in March already. Since then our winters have been longer and a lot shorter summers. You guys think the same about Buffalo and are you getting this storm?

You live in freaking Green Bay, Wisconsin... Not St. Louis!

Again, there is a reason natives migrated up and down Lake Michigan through the season.

It's only April... 44°N in the middle of a continent... 

...Nut up. :lol: :P

42 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I had 80 degrees 2 days straight.  

Got a bit of a burn just mowing the lawn. 

Eff it... Mow?  I don't wanna touch that garbage till June 1st.  Some God awful years, I was cutting the "winter wheat" by the first week of April.  Glad we have global cooling.

Can we have a volcano blow it's top in Indonesia! :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You live in freaking Green Bay, Wisconsin... Not St. Louis!

Again, there is a reason natives migrated up and down Lake Michigan through the season.

It's only April... 44°N in the middle of a contingent... 

...Nut up. :lol: :P

Eff it... Mow?  I don't wanna touch that garbage till June 1st.  Some God awful years, I was cutting the "winter wheat" by the first week of April.  Glad we have global cooling.

Can we have a volcano blow it's top in Indonesia! :D

Yup broke out the John Deere and mowed the lawn.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yup broke out the John Deere and mowed the lawn.  

Our lawn & yard waste toter says March 31st to November 30th... :lol: Hopefully I won't touch that beast for at least another month or so!!  

But the bastages fertilized a few days ago. <_<

I cleaned up the lawns this past week, and now they are covered in a lovely layer of ice (and ice pellets). Thank goodness the dog is low to the ground otherwise I'd worry about his staying upright.

Walking down the driveway to get the newspaper from the box wasn't that bad... the ice pellet layer helped with my traction!

Still, as said,  @BuffaloBill   nothing like you are getting in Green Bay, @Ice bowl 67

Stay safe!

It's April... By Noon it will burn off if temps stay in 30s+... Well, at least at this latitude. :D

Sorry Minny, Northern Wisc., gotta wait a few more weeks...

We've had a dusting of snow in early May...

@ this point... Do what The South does in dead of winter:

"God giveth, God taketh."

Snow shovel? Road salt?  What's that?

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I can only speak for Rochester...We're supposed to get an ice storm. I was supposed to go out, I live by Lake Ontario, and my car was covered in a sheet of ice so I stayed in. Heard it's fine like 5 mins south of my house, don't know if that kept up through out the night though. 

The ice storm wasn't nearly as bad as predicted/expected. Roads are fine. Im on the east side and hear the west side is worse but nothing like 91 or 03

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That is very cool!

That is about how much ice I had on the car this morning. It scraped off easily. It is still raining and could go to ices or sleet. 

This time last year I was turning over the garden and draining my pool cover, not to OPEN it, but to skim all the leaves and crap off the cover so it did not get into the pool. Preparation before opening a pool makes it ready to enjoy by Memorial Day weekend, even if just for barbecues. 

2 minutes ago, rockpile said:

That is very cool!

That is about how much ice I had on the car this morning. It scraped off easily. It is still raining and could go to ices or sleet. 

This time last year I was turning over the garden and draining my pool cover, not to OPEN it, but to skim all the leaves and crap off the cover so it did not get into the pool. Preparation before opening a pool makes it ready to enjoy by Memorial Day weekend, even if just for barbecues. 

It might be June this year lol.

Hey Bills fans to put into perspective last year GB had no snow left in early to mid March. Last year at this time our grass was greening up and it was decent out.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

It might be June this year lol.

Hey Bills fans to put into perspective last year GB had no snow left in early to mid March. Last year at this time our grass was greening up and it was decent out.

Last year Buffalo had a very nice spring (which doesn't happen all that often as March and April typically stink). Looks like this is yet another year of winter one day, summer the next day. {sigh}

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Last year Buffalo had a very nice spring (which doesn't happen all that often as March and April typically stink). Looks like this is yet another year of winter one day, summer the next day. {sigh}

I hear ya. We rarely get a nice spring too. How was your summer last year? We had a cool and the wettest summer on record here. It got warm in August and we had a very warm fall. It's weird lately.