Prediction: A Dark Horse Candidate To Start at RT

...Connor McDermott.  They organization is very high on and picked up from the NE with the intention of slowly bringing him along slowly with the intentions of potentially competing for a starting spot on the right side of the line.  They knew he wasn’t ready this year, which is why never dressed during the season.

I remember hearing that New England was very high on him during last year’s draft but didn’t have a spot him on the roster.

I can really see McDermott starting over Jordan Mills, one a very new Bills OL

• Like (+1) 2

Yes. McDermott, Groy, and Miller collectively will decide the fate of our offensive line this coming season.

McDermott could potentially unseat Mills. Groy could potentially be our new starting center. Miller could fill the void left by Incognito and re-assume his college position of left guard. The success or failure of these players in these positions will effectively determine the performance of the line and --- with it -- of our offense as a whole.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yes. McDermott, Groy, and Miller collectively will decide the fate of our offensive line this coming season.

McDermott could potentially unseat Mills. Groy could potentially be our new starting center. Miller could fill the void left by Incognito and re-assume his college position of left guard. The success or failure of these players in these positions will effectively determine the performance of the line and --- with it -- of our offense as a whole.

I still think we draft someone in Rd's 1-3.  Inside Smith, Ragnow, Price in Rd2 maybe even Hernandez at #22 if he drops. Miller, Brown or Rankin at OT if they slip into RD2 2nd pick or Rd3 pick 1

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I still think we draft someone in Rd's 1-3.  Inside Smith, Ragnow, Price in Rd2 maybe even Hernandez at #22 if he drops. Miller, Brown or Rankin at OT if they slip into RD2 2nd pick or Rd3 pick 1

I agree, and I really hope we do! As much as we need an inside linebacker and some corner and DT depth, I would be okay with focusing the draft solely on protecting/helping our new QB. Get a center, a guard, a WR, a RB...in short, give him every possible tool to help him succeed immediately. Yes, the defense will likely regress this year, but in terms of long term planning, it's more important to me that my rookie QB remains upright and doesn't get immediately pulverized into fine dust and develop David Carr-itis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is the year that McDermott gets his chance, let's hope he rise's to the occasion. I know a lot of people were mocking the Newhouse signing but I read an article (can find it now)  that he was will regard by his teammates & played hurt all of last year. He might not be a starter but with his experience he could be a solid backup & fill in for 4-5 games.

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott is massive, very athletic and long. He needed to add strength going in to the draft last year. So essentially it was expected that his rookie year would be essentially a redshirt year. 

Also spending camp and the preseason with NE he is probably quite versed in some of the terminology that Daboll will likely install. 

Lastly, he is very good friends with our, hopefully, future QB1 Josh Rosen, so it could be a nice transition. 

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I can see this.  Would love it.  Belicheck was pissed to lose him.

Where did you get that from? McDermott was the backup longsnapper for the Pats according to Belichick.

Was he not cut from the pats? Why would the guy who cut him be mad he cut him???

Edited by Elite Poster

4 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Where did you get that from? McDermott was the backup longsnapper for the Pats according to Belichick.

Was he not cut from the pats? Why would the guy who cut him be mad he cut him???

I don’t know if he was pissed but I remember hearing that NE had high hopes for him. 

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I can see this.  Would love it.  Belicheck was pissed to lose him.

I don’t know if he was pissed but he may have been hoping to sign him to the PS as he made it to final cuts. Bills moved him to the 53 at one point last year, which could be a result of another team trying to sign him off of our PS (Pats?)

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

All coming together after all.

Besides, he's the coach's long lost cousin.  Or not.  Checking his draft profile, he has good size and athleticism.  The observation last year was that he needed to increase his core and lower body strength, become more of a knee bender and be more violent in his hand usage.  All of those things would seem to be traits that he can work to improve with time, hard work and good coaching.  So, maybe the OP is on to something.

Edited by TigerJ

1 hour ago, Logic said:

McDermott could potentially unseat Mills.

somebody has to and that's not even debatable. i think newhouse is an upgrade in pass pro and thought seantrel would do good there, but maybe they thought a lot of mc d to let him go.

we gotta have that position upgraded from mills. i'm hoping it goes(as of now)..dawkins / miller / bodine / groy/newhouse.

the day after the draft they need to establish the line and make them roomates or something to start the gelling process.

19 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I don’t know if he was pissed but I remember hearing that NE had high hopes for him. 

Yeah I mean the posting here is basically on the "my feelings are factual" type basis. 

He was cut. They thought he was trash.