NFL Network Analyst Charley Casserly Mock Draft 2.0

This has been in the crawler at the bottom of the screen for a while and I got a kick out of it.

Let's hope this guy is clueless. 

He's up to Pick 10 and this is the break down:

1) Cleveland--Darnold

2) Giants--Saquon Barkley

3) Jets--Josh Rosen

4) Cleveland--Bradley Chubb

5) BILLS--Trade Up With Denver To Take JOSH ALLEN

6) Colts--Quenton Nelson

7) Tampa Bay--Minkah Fizpatrick

8) Chicago--Denzel Ward

9) San Francisco--Marcus Davenport

10) Raiders--Tremaine Edmunds

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This has been in the crawler at the bottom of the screen for a while and I got a kick out of it.

1) Cleveland--Darnold

3) Jets--Josh Rosen

6) Colts--Quenton Nelson

8) Chicago--Denzel Ward

.....he has Lamar as a "2nd round project pick" for those in support of Jackson............

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If Baker doesn't go in the top 4 I think there is a real chance we can draft him at 12 as all the teams after don't need QBs.

So if we don't something stupid and trade up for Allen then we can get our franchise QB and keep all our picks , win-win championship !!!

Don't necessarily disagree with you, BB, but man this all depends on the Giants and whether they go QB or Chubb/Barkley.

Hypothetically, if Darnold goes 1, and Giants take Rosen at 2 I find it unlikely for the Jets to pass on Mayfield at 3.  I still believe some of the Allen top 3 hype is just that...hype.

Dolphins terrify me a bit lately at 11 because I think that is the team that doesn't know whether it wants soup or salad at the buffet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

1) Cleveland--Darnold

3) Jets--Josh Rosen

6) Colts--Quenton Nelson

8) Chicago--Denzel Ward

so why trade to go to 5 in this situation? I doubt Denver picks up a QB so if we stay put it means we get Mayfield or Josh Allen?

here is how I see it. If the Giants doesn't go QB then I think one of the top 4 left will be there at 12.

If Giants does pick QB then we have to jump up to get him.

The other issue we have to be worried about is another QB needy team jumping up So IDK.

My hope is to not have to move from 12 and get Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield but it is a risk.

So.. do you risk getting one of the top 4 fall in your hands if Giants doesn't go QB? and if risk goes bad then your trading picks away in 2nd for Mason Rudolph?

Giants not picking QB is best hope for us.

The other thing I find interesting is that there is absolutely no word on who Cleveland picks at #1. some of that second tier staff must have Duct Tape on there mouths lol

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

so why trade to go to 5 in this situation? I doubt Denver picks up a QB so if we stay put it means we get Mayfield or Josh Allen?

here is how I see it. If the Giants doesn't go QB then I think one of the top 4 left will be there at 12.

If Giants does pick QB then we have to jump up to get him.

The other issue we have to be worried about is another QB needy team jumping up So IDK.

My hope is to not have to move from 12 and get Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield but it is a risk.

So.. do you risk getting one of the top 4 fall in your hands if Giants doesn't go QB? and if risk goes bad then your trading picks away in 2nd for Mason Rudolph?

Giants not picking QB is best hope for us.

The other thing I find interesting is that there is absolutely no word on who Cleveland picks at #1. some of that second tier staff must have Duct Tape on there mouths lol

I would support an aggressive approach that moves up to make sure we get our guy, rather than trying to play it cool and hang back hoping the guy falls to us.

Normally I hate trading up and am opposed to it, generally, but not in this case.

Going for a QB in a QB-rich draft is probably the only time I would ever move up.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I would support an aggressive approach that moves up to make sure we get our guy, rather than trying to play it cool and hang back hoping the guy falls to us.

Normally I hate trading up and am opposed to it, generally, but not in this case.

Going for a QB in a QB-rich draft is probably the only time I would ever move up.

so we are only talking about this op top 10 ok?

If the first 4 picks go just like that you would trade to 5? or just a small drop to 9-10 costing less more important picks?

I think it highly unlikely the Bills will trade--not because they don't want to, but because the asking price will be too much. Other teams are thinking the same thing, and it will become a bidding war of magnificent proportions.

I don't see Beane selling the farm to get any of the top four, and for this reason, I believe that either Rudolph or Jackson will be there at 12, and whichever one is, will be your Buffalo Bills first pick in the 2018 draft.

That is probably too high for both, but if you want to draft a starting QB, they will be your best options at 12. Personally, if both were there, I am most intrigued by Mason Rudolph, but I would not be disappointed with either at 12.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If Baker doesn't go in the top 4 I think there is a real chance we can draft him at 12 as all the teams after don't need QBs.

So if we don't something stupid and trade up for Allen then we can get our franchise QB and keep all our picks , win-win championship !!!

I don't think he will get past Miami.  I don't think Miami is desperate to draft a QB, or would trade up to take Baker.... but if he is there at #11 I would be surprised if they pass.  

If the Bills can't get up into the top 5 for one of the two Joshes (they are the two I think the Bills really want) then going into that 7-9 range to take Baker if he slides is possible.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i can't see elway passing on allen.

18 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I think it highly unlikely the Bills will trade--not because they don't want to, but because the asking price will be too much. Other teams are thinking the same thing, and it will become a bidding war of magnificent proportions.

I don't see Beane selling the farm to get any of the top four, and for this reason, I believe that either Rudolph or Jackson will be there at 12, and whichever one is, will be your Buffalo Bills first pick in the 2018 draft.

That is probably too high for both, but if you want to draft a starting QB, they will be your best options at 12. Personally, if both were there, I am most intrigued by Mason Rudolph, but I would not be disappointed with either at 12.

rudolph is the only one who checks all the boxes and as far as a good quality starter, i think he is the safest pick.

i would say mayfield, but only the size and maturity(albeit minor) are the only question marks. i would be fine with rudolph at 12 and maximizing our picks.

Edited by billsredneck1

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he will get past Miami.  I don't think Miami is desperate to draft a QB, or would trade up to take Baker.... but if he is there at #11 I would be surprised if they pass.  

If the Bills can't get up into the top 5 for one of the two Joshes (they are the two I think the Bills really want) then going into that 7-9 range to take Baker if he slides is possible.  

Don't sleep on Sam Darnold.

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Boy, HD, do,you really think he is going to slide?  

Of all the smoke screens I don't believe any that has him falling out of the top 3.

They could trade up to 2 and take him. I think there are scenarios where that is possible, thus the trip to LA. I'm not convinced the Giants aren't trading down and not taking a QB.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1