Where is Spring?

Ice bowl 67

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Totally!!!

We are windward of the Lake, not alee.  Chicago only averages about 36" a year... All-time record is just under 90" in late 70's.  We came close w/just over 80" in 2014, I thought the town was gonna have a coronary!

Except maybe the one February  or March in 1997 when I flew into Chicago on a Sunday just prior to a blizzard and was "snow bound" until Tuesday.   

Kind of hard to do drive testing on cell phones when you are stuck in your hotel room and the landlines are down which overloaded the cell traffic.  

I actually met up with some (either) ESPN chat room or D&C Forum "friends" for drinks during that trip 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Except maybe the one February  or March in 1997 when I flew into Chicago on a Sunday just prior to a blizzard and was "snow bound" until Tuesday.   

Kind of hard to do drive testing on cell phones when you are stuck in your hotel room and the landlines are down which overloaded the cell traffic.  

I actually met up with some (either) ESPN chat room or D&C Forum "friends" for drinks during that trip 

Biggest 24 hour snow here... All-time is only around 20".  Outside of system shows that hook out of The Panhandle... We just don't get "big snows"... Over a foot a pop 

The thing that makes it seem so bad IMO, makes snow on "steroids" is:

1. Volume of people, population density.

2. Geography, too damn level, flat.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the last time I saw snow in June was 1976.    See proof  it will have been 42 years  ....  ;)  

Did it really snow in June of 1976?  You weren't on Mt. Hood or Mt. Washington were you?  Really, in BFLo?  Without some major volcanic eruption, even that's crazy for Western New York!

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Did it really snow in June of 1976?  You weren't on Mt. Hood or Mt. Washington were you?  Really, in BFLo?  Without some major volcanic eruption, even that's crazy for Western New York!

I am being serious. Rochester -  I was just out of high school and working at some department store JB Hunter part time in the Garden Center.  There was a "sugar coating" of snow one day. 

Also about 20 years later there was a summer where the temp seemed to never get over 75 and it was always cloudy.  

I remember it because the summer before I was working down in Australia so I felt I went almost 3 years w/o seeing a sunny 85 degree day.  

Overcast and almost 70° here right now... Can be like this all year.

What can go possibly wrong/right?

48° tomorrow, 41° Sunday, then 39° on Monday...:lol: Good, scare the boats away when I go back & fill in on Sunday... Stay nice when I am off of work...:D Stay messing on weekends, great during week!

Shaping up to be a great year!

But outta the woods in three days... 50s, 60s after that. That's perfect!