2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

Seems there should at least be a hockey talk forum here... instead of posting in the hot for teacher forum. The Sabres haven't exactly been about hockey lately...

11 hours ago, T&C said:

Seems there should at least be a hockey talk forum here... instead of posting in the hot for teacher forum. The Sabres haven't exactly been about hockey lately...

I agree.......perhaps you should hand out a few infractions to prove how you  completely miss your point.

........just joking.

Edited by Sweats
  • Haha (+1) 1

Fort Meyers? I wonder how that works because of people who use a "different" type of programming instead of the major networks. For instance, I watched the game last night on Sling.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thanks to @Mark Vader for creating the thread. 

You're welcome.

I've stopped posting ever since the Sharks got eliminated, but i'm glad to see that there are others enjoying this thread. I have to admit it has been entertaining to read all of the comments

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In attendance for game 3. 

DeuDbauUwAAnBRn?format=jpg

Can’t express how happy I am to see my @Capitals in the #StanleyCup

StanleyCup2018.png

finals!! #ALLCAPS

NHL_2017_2018_Caps_v2.png

When I saw the title of the post I thought that YOU were attending! I was thinking, "Crap, how much for those tickets?" When the Sharks played SC finals here I was priced out of even thinking of going. No connections for freebies either. 

Is it just me or is there a lot of violent cross checking in this series that is not being called?   Both ways.   I have seen Sabre games this year where a Sabre defenseman was called for Cross checking when he barely wrinkled the guy's jersey.

Just now, Greybeard said:

Is it just me or is there a lot of violent cross checking in this series that is not being called?   Both ways.   I have seen Sabre games this year where a Sabre defenseman was called for Cross checking when he barely wrinkled the guy's jersey.

I think pretty much everything is being let go. Penalty calls seem to reduce as the playoffs progress. At this point, something has to be so obvious that the ref would be embarrassed if he doesn't make a call. It seems like it's all about the refs at this point. How they feel or how they are perceived.

5 hours ago, Dante said:

When I saw the title of the post I thought that YOU were attending! I was thinking, "Crap, how much for those tickets?" When the Sharks played SC finals here I was priced out of even thinking of going. No connections for freebies either. 

Oh and wish.  

If you had season ticks $200.  

If not pick a number between $1200 and $2000. 

5 hours ago, Greybeard said:

The refs are letting them play. 

5 hours ago, Dante said:

I think pretty much everything is being let go. Penalty calls seem to reduce as the playoffs progress. At this point, something has to be so obvious that the ref would be embarrassed if he doesn't make a call. It seems like it's all about the refs at this point. How they feel or how they are perceived.

There have been embarrassing moments.  Mostly in game 1.  

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh and wish.  

If you had season ticks $200.  

If not pick a number between $1200 and $2000. 

Good friend has seasons on corner where visitor shoots twice, about r0w 25. Always gives them to me for Sabre tickets. He has them for prolly close to 20 years.

He is superstitious as hell, and cheaper than a Scotsman in a pub!

This year he said I am not going to a playoff game as they always lose when i am there..unless they make the Final. So he has sold every game to date.

He struggled with game 3..his tickets going north of $1500.....decsions to be made!

He went....happy he did. Buy couldn't help himself and sold tonights game. Said he tempted fate once, not again LOL

BTW, this might be the stupidest column i have ever read, and I like Carman as a food critic. Only problem I have with the crab toss is Crab=MD

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2018/06/04/show-some-respect-and-stop-throwing-seafood-onto-postseason-hockey-ice/?utm_term=.5127f380cc2e

Edited by plenzmd1

i can never understand why they leave broken sticks on the ice...seems so dangerous to me. Ya got 4 guys out there , pick up the damn stick!!!Especially when the puck goes into the other end!

Puck luck for the Caps this year for the first time since John Druce.  Anyone else here remember " The Druce is Loose"!!!

BTW, think Holtby looks shaky

Edited by plenzmd1

Nice shot by Wilson.  2-0 CAPS.

Make it 3-0.  Smith-Pelly with the third goal in the remaining seconds in the first period.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Make it 3-0. VGK getting exposed. 

Getting exposed because a one shot deal of 1st and 2nd liners taken through the "draft" that haven't played with each other and have no cadence VS a team that has been working together for years. 

!@#$ the nights... the one night standers. Gonna suck when they lose the cup at home.

Just now, T&C said:

Getting exposed because a one shot deal of 1st and 2nd liners taken through the "draft" that haven't played with each other and have no cadence VS a team that has been working together for years. 

!@#$ the nights... the one night standers. Gonna suck when they lose the cup at home.

Good Knight?   Great story for them nonetheless and they have a great future ahead based on available cap space, prospects in their system, and draft picks to come.  

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good Knight?   Great story for them nonetheless and they have a great future ahead based on available cap space, prospects in their system, and draft picks to come.  

I honestly could care less about their future. I like hockey teams that play in the cold weather, not 101f outside the arena. Maybe the Sabres can make a jump this year and contend in two years. It's been a long long time... hasn't it?

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

I honestly could care less about their future. I like hockey teams that play in the cold weather, not 101f outside the arena. Maybe the Sabres can make a jump this year and contend in two years. It's been a long long time... hasn't it?

Hopefully winning the lottery with Dahlin as the prize is a sign of better things to come......Finally!

• Like (+1) 1