Schofield: Best NFL Landing Spots for Top 5 QB Draft Prospects

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Team: Buffalo Bills

Offensive Scheme: Erhardt-Perkins

Is this really about the best fit or where Schofield would prefer to see each player go?

Jackson comes from an offensive system rooted in the Erhardt-Perkins scheme

If this is the system Lamar ran in college, why wouldn't he be a better fit for the Bills? 

Because hes not a good thrower?

Rosen reminds me of QBs like Otto Graham, Fran Tarkenton, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc., in that he's got one of those classically ugly quarterback faces.  

I consider that as good a sign of future NFL success as anything else I've heard about him.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Rosen reminds me of QBs like Otto Graham, Fran Tarkenton, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc., in that he's got one of those classically ugly quarterback faces.  

I consider that as good a sign of future NFL success as anything else I've heard about him.

Am I the only person that thinks he looks like the guy from "I Love you Beth Cooper"?

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Edited by MrEpsYtown

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

After all this QB talk, watch!  We will stay where we are, not move up, and draft a LB or something.

Bills Nation will implode, other than a handful of nut jobs who think that is a good move.

:lol:

ESPN will tear into us and give a F on every draft grade...Rodak will term us as 1-15 team...NFL Network will call us out for not using the two 1st rounders and compare us with NE on how they maneuvered the draft with their 2 1st rd picks and got their Franchise QB of the future...We will be criticized for drafting the two guys who tore their ACL and Menascus during private workouts as our two 1st rounders !!!!!!

SCOUT'S EYE
The draft's best passer is in L.A., but it's not Sam Darnold, says Bucky Brooks. Rosen was back in the spotlight this week after Jim Mora's comments, but Brooks explains why teams should see that as a good sign.

Josh Rosen is the best quarterback in the 2018 class.

I might be on an island with my assessment of the UCLA star, but I really believe he has all of the tools to be the most successful quarterback prospect from this class. From his A-plus arm talent and flawless mechanics to his exceptional intelligence and football aptitude, Rosen has always checked off all of the boxes as a potential franchise quarterback. He is the quintessential player at the position, and we should be celebrating his arrival as the NFL's next great quarterback.

Now, I know I'm fueling the hype train by suggesting No. 3 has the potential to be one of the elite quarterbacks in the game, but my eyes tell me that he is the most polished quarterback to enter the league since Andrew Luck. I've outlined why in full detail in my scouting report on Rosen, and I'm sticking with him as the top quarterback prospect in this class.

You can @ me all you want for suggesting Rosen is a superior prospect to some of the other talented passers in this class, but I'm dying on this hill because I believe the best quarterbacks in the game are not only MLB pitchers with a wide array of pitches at their disposal, but they are tactical surgeons capable of dissecting defenses with their minds.
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably why they're here posting while McBeane is at OBD for around $2 mil/yr...............

That describes FadingPain as well very well.  Basically anyone who does not agree with him he takes a crap on and since he is full of crap he has a lot to give.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:
SCOUT'S EYE
The draft's best passer is in L.A., but it's not Sam Darnold, says Bucky Brooks. Rosen was back in the spotlight this week after Jim Mora's comments, but Brooks explains why teams should see that as a good sign.

Josh Rosen is the best quarterback in the 2018 class.

I might be on an island with my assessment of the UCLA star, but I really believe he has all of the tools to be the most successful quarterback prospect from this class. From his A-plus arm talent and flawless mechanics to his exceptional intelligence and football aptitude, Rosen has always checked off all of the boxes as a potential franchise quarterback. He is the quintessential player at the position, and we should be celebrating his arrival as the NFL's next great quarterback.

Now, I know I'm fueling the hype train by suggesting No. 3 has the potential to be one of the elite quarterbacks in the game, but my eyes tell me that he is the most polished quarterback to enter the league since Andrew Luck. I've outlined why in full detail in my scouting report on Rosen, and I'm sticking with him as the top quarterback prospect in this class.

You can @ me all you want for suggesting Rosen is a superior prospect to some of the other talented passers in this class, but I'm dying on this hill because I believe the best quarterbacks in the game are not only MLB pitchers with a wide array of pitches at their disposal, but they are tactical surgeons capable of dissecting defenses with their minds.

Smart analysis.  

On 4/6/2018 at 4:13 PM, Fadingpain said:

After all this QB talk, watch!  We will stay where we are, not move up, and draft a LB or something.

Bills Nation will implode, other than a handful of nut jobs who think that is a good move.

:lol:

You are going to "implode" because you believe that all the media mavens and draftniks predicting that the first three picks will be QBs and four of the top five picks will be QBs.  I suppose you also buy into the hype that the colleges will stop producing QBs after 2018 so the Bills better grab one while they can no matter what the cost.   You may believe the hype but I don't think teams at the top of the draft would have much interest in trading back as they shown or hinted at if the pros thought as highly of these kids as the media keeps claiming they do. 

I think Cleveland will take a QB at either #1 or #4 and the Jests will take another at #3 but I'm not seeing any of the other teams drafting between 5 and 11 doing so.  The Giants will ride Eli a few years more; I think that they want Barkley.  The Broncos have Keenum and still have Paxton on his rookie contract.   Miami is NOT looking for Tannehill's replacement in the first round of this draft (Tannehill was drafted in 2012 NOT 2002!) when they have lots of holes to fill on both sides of the ball.  Unless somebody trades up into the top ten, I think the Bills will have a shot at a choice of two or three when their turn comes at #12, although maybe they only like one of the top four or five, and he's already gone.  In that case, dude, taking a LB like Smith if he's still available would make sense.  Draft a developmental guy on the 2nd day if there's one there you like.  Drafting a first round QB you don't think is that good just to placate idiot fans and put butts in the seats gets you EJ Manuel and Johnny Manziel.

On 4/6/2018 at 9:16 PM, ganesh said:

ESPN will tear into us and give a F on every draft grade...Rodak will term us as 1-15 team...NFL Network will call us out for not using the two 1st rounders and compare us with NE on how they maneuvered the draft with their 2 1st rd picks and got their Franchise QB of the future...We will be criticized for drafting the two guys who tore their ACL and Menascus during private workouts as our two 1st rounders !!!!!!

Well, that would be the end of the world ...