• Connor Williams, OT, Texas
    • Vita Via, DT, Washington
    • Josh Jackson, DB, Iowa
    • Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
    • Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
    • Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
    • Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

IMOO = in my oblivious opinion this is my top 5 QB list...

1. Mayfield - he may be short but he's accurate and a fiery leader that his mates play for.

2. Rosen - Best passer in this class but one more concussion and Dr daddy will convince him to retire and pursue a tennis career.

3. Jackson - At least if he fails at QB he can still be a WR.

4. Darnold - Big arm but nobody puts the ball on the ground better than he does. Should have stayed in school.

5. Allen - Big arm but didn't do much with it in Wyoming ... high ceiling low floor kind of guy.

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Well, it's done.  He's ahead by enough where no one can catch him before 100 votes.  I feel like Trump won again and it reminds me of just how far off some of us are in regards to common ground

Again your making a draft with no trades so it doesnt matter.  We all know trades will happen...so making a mock without trades means nothing.  Yet your taking it so serious.

24 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think that abandoning our value chart isn't actually helping a bad situation. 

the Christian Ponder and Jake Locker and Brandon Wheedons of the world say we shouldn't be draft a guy too high just because we'd need a QB.

I dont think we should either i voted for vita.  My point is QBs are always more valued then other positions thats reality.  They are the most important player on the field.  If you trade up and the QB is great your a genius.  If you trade up and there not...failure.  thats just the draft.  Your not gonna hit on everyone.  

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This makes me happy that Beane isn’t a member here. 

There is no way that Jackson is BPA at 12. Not even close. We can fill a position of huge need with a starting LB or OT. Or we can have a lock down secondary for years opposite of White. 

For all we had to do to get to 12, it feels like a throw away. QB’s in his teir will be there later. Hell, I’d rather throw a 2nd next year at the Eagles for Foles. 

This would be my absolutely worst nightmare scenario

There are a slew...And I mean A LOT of people who do nothing other than study NFL prospects for a living, ex players, scouts, etc... That disagree with you strongly on Jackson...

I do as well...

I doubt very, very much Jackson will be available later...His positional value will push him up the board...You can't wait around on a QB...You have to go get them and almost always that means earlier than they are projected...

Of all these QB's Jackson's ceiling may very well be the highest...And his floor is certainly no lower than Josh Allen's...He is arguably the most dynamic player in College football over the past two years...

Technically he came out a year early...You cannot find one single person out there who does not feel he improved as a passer this past year...He had just as many tight window throws as any of these prospects last year...It's outside the hashes and the deep balls he needs work on...With a similar improvement in College in 2018 he would have absolutely been in the conversation for #1 overall in 2019...Especially if he continues to fill out his 6-3 frame...

This is not to say that I think Jackson is a sure fire prospect...I think he needs a minimum of a year on the bench learning and he'll need a Coaching staff dedicated to building an Offense around what he does best......But if that kid reaches his potential we're talking about something really, really special...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Totally different players, yes.  Same scenario where a previous rush on QB's makes us take a guy earlier than needed though

It's a totally different scenario because Jackson is a much better QB than Allen, he'll have a much longer career than the concussion prone Rosen, and he'll outproduce Darnold by a huge margin. IMO, the only QB taken before Jackson who'll probably have the better career would be Mayfield.

I just read an article from a Cardinals site that said someone in the know thinks a team is going to try to trade up for Jackson (assuming it meant ahead of the Bills and Cardinals, maybe even Dolphins). Kind of what happened with Mahomes and Watson last year.

7 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

It's a totally different scenario because Jackson is a much better QB than Allen, he'll have a much longer career than the concussion prone Rosen, and he'll outproduce Darnold by a huge margin. IMO, the only QB taken before Jackson who'll probably have the better career would be Mayfield.

I just read an article from a Cardinals site that said someone in the know thinks a team is going to try to trade up for Jackson (assuming it meant ahead of the Bills and Cardinals, maybe even Dolphins). Kind of what happened with Mahomes and Watson last year.

If we get to make wild-ass predictions and state them as fact, then I am 100% sure Jackson will be out of the league within 3 years due to multiple lower body injuries, and first QB out of the league from this class.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

They just signed a DT to a 5yr deal,I like VV but its not the biggest need,get Stars baby brother later in the draft.

No way would I reach for either of those 2 QB's and they won't either.

I think the biggest need is MLB so thats who I pick and they probably will to.

The pick is RE Alabama.

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we get to make wild-ass predictions and state them as fact, then I am 100% sure Jackson will be out of the league within 3 years due to multiple lower body injuries, and first QB out of the league from this class.

Jackson has no history of being injured that I'm aware of, while the concussion question is Rosen's biggest problem. Especially with the new concussion rules.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Again your making a draft with no trades so it doesnt matter.  We all know trades will happen...so making a mock without trades means nothing.  Yet your taking it so serious.

“You’re”

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Jackson has no history of being injured that I'm aware of, while the concussion question is Rosen's biggest problem. Especially with the new concussion rules.

Plenty of players never had an injury history - until they came into the NFL.

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Plenty of players never had an injury history - until they came into the NFL.

Which makes the prospects of having a long career even much worse for a non-elusive, concussion-prone guy like Rosen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jackson get picked before Rosen. I can see NFL team medical experts in the top 10 picks giving Rosen a thumbs down to their GMs.

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

Which makes the prospects of having a long career even much worse for a non-elusive, concussion-prone guy like Rosen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jackson get picked before Rosen. I can see NFL team medical experts in the top 10 picks giving Rosen a thumbs down to their GMs.

3 more weeks until we find out who is better at reading the minds of people we've never met, 1000 miles away...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

3 more weeks until we find out who is better at reading the minds of people we've never met, 1000 miles away...

The opinions and scenarios are endless on the QBs. The draft can't get here soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1