Michael Strahan, Terry Bradshaw, & Howie Long Will Host TNF on FOX

Remember the scene in Breaking Bad where Mike tells Walt about the dangers of half measures?

Fox and the NFL should watch that scene.  Getting rid of color rush jerseys and photocopying your Sunday crew into Thursday nights are half measures to solving the problem:

The NFL is the only entity that really wants Thursday night games.  Fans don't want them.  Players don't.  Obviously above average sportscasters don't want them either.  

The best thing about Thursday night games- the little movies before them - will probably be polluted by some disaster that involves both Rob Riggle and Chris Hardwick.

7 hours ago, dpberr said:

Remember the scene in Breaking Bad where Mike tells Walt about the dangers of half measures?

Fox and the NFL should watch that scene.  Getting rid of color rush jerseys and photocopying your Sunday crew into Thursday nights are half measures to solving the problem:

The NFL is the only entity that really wants Thursday night games.  Fans don't want them.  Players don't.  Obviously above average sportscasters don't want them either.  

The best thing about Thursday night games- the little movies before them - will probably be polluted by some disaster that involves both Rob Riggle and Chris Hardwick.

This just isn't true.  TNF is ratings gold.  More so than MNF.  Players will complain about everything, while the rest of us have to work as hard on thursday as we do the rest of the week. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2018 at 8:18 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Strahan is pretty good. 

I'd actually really love to hear Chris Canty do some color commentating. I love his stuff on the radio and could see him being the MNF color guy. He has a good voice, fresh analysis, and isn't a homer.  

...Bradshaw is a hoot.....favorite line was, "MY Axis of Evil is my THREE ex-wives".......saw him as guest speaker at a charity luncheon in Roch-Cha-Cha......he rambled on for 45 minutes and nobody knew what the hell he was talking about.....CTE.....

• Haha (+1) 1

On April 18, 2018 at 11:43 PM, JimKellyTryouts said:

Terry stays awake after 7 PM? 

Does anyone know what it is, exactly, that Bradshaw has on the FOX CEO?  

A crime caught on video?  Embarrassing photos involving an affair?  Emails suggesting the CEO is a racist?  What is it!?

No way the guy remains employed based on merit.

I saw the thread title, and immediately had the urge to write the first line of a joke...'two defensive ends and a dummy walk into a bar'...

Yes, yes, I know.  The 'dummy' has a seven figure income.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
The 'dummy' might well be the guy writing these...

On 6/8/2018 at 2:18 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Bradshaw is a hoot.....favorite line was, "MY Axis of Evil is my THREE ex-wives".......saw him as guest speaker at a charity luncheon in Roch-Cha-Cha......he rambled on for 45 minutes and nobody knew what the hell he was talking about.....CTE.....

Bradshaw is one of the few people whose mental ability will be raised by getting CTE.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 4/6/2018 at 8:21 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Strahan is a good choice.  Very likable with high energy and a great personality.

Yeah he comes off nice on tv. In reality he is a douchebag to fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/18/2018 at 11:26 PM, klos63 said:

I'll give them a chance, but those are 3 people i could go forever without ever listening to again.

25th year of PVRing and fast forwarding right to the kickoff, then right to the setting of the O, then right through the ads and halftime

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

25th year of PVRing and fast forwarding right to the kickoff, then right to the setting of the O, then right through the ads and halftime

I remember in the early 90s coming home from second shift, and on early Tuesday mornings Global TV out of Toronto would run condensed NFL games from the previous Sunday.  Just edited to show drives, key plays. No cheesy third party narration, just the audio from the original game.