EARTHQUAKE!!!

Chef Jim

Just about 10 minutes ago 12:30pm PST.  5.3 in the Channel Island just off the coast of Santa Barbara.  I'm about 150 plus miles south of there and it rolled pretty good!   Woohoo!  We've not had many in a bunch of years so we are way overdue.  

Just now, thebug said:

THE BIG ONE! 

image.jpeg.796f5f6becd456fb1563accd79392996.jpeg

Not even close.  That one is waaaaaaaay over due.  I was certain my house in Oakland was going to bite the dust before we sold it.  It sits pretty much on the Hayward Fault which all the "experts" say is primed for a major and destructive one.  That's the fools.....I mean new owner's problem........I mean concern now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You got me excited about nothing.

I thought this was "the big one" that was going to send California off into the Pacific.

Damn!

Thinking about, wouldn't be quite interesting to see?  Say it cracks all the way to sea... The seawater rushs in.  Quite cataclysmic... You think CNN would be rolling.  It wouldn't happen instantly, quite the spectacle... 

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That's a good sized trembler.

Yeah.  My office building rolled for quite a long time and we're 150 miles away.  CA is so way overdue.  Let's just hope it happens up your way not down mine.  :D

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thinking about, wouldn't be quite interesting to see?  Say it cracks all the way to sea... The seawater rushs in.  Quite cataclysmic... You think CNN would be rolling.  It wouldn't happen instantly, quite the spectacle... 

The movie sucked, but I chuckled at the ending of San Andreas, where they show the new island of West Silicon Valley. 

The scenario that forms California Island is a bit of "fake news".