Manziel: Browns Didn't Do Their Homework to Understand I Didn't Know X's and O's of Football

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

1 baby step forward, then 1 giant leap back for this guy.  

Agreed.  Someone needs to advise him not to give interviews about why he failed, but instead focus on why he is going to succeed.  Bringing this stuff back up isn't going to help him now, and it isn't going to show he has left things in the past.

Gotta choose, does he want to play football or does he want to write a book about why he isnt playing football.  Cant have it both ways.

Draft a QB in the first round and put him into a toxic Quarterback room vs. what it was like my second year with McCown. COMPLETELY different situation.

Which translates to "I hate Brian Hoyer"

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

You can't fix stupid 

This.  More than anything else, ever.  This.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why would he say this?  He supposedly has desire to get back to the NFL and now he throws the organization he played for under the bus.

Within the context of his statement he's stating facts about his past. I think now he is more serious about playing Pro Football that he will go in and demonstrate is growth by proving he knows the X's and O's. Just my guess because if he hasn't improved in that facet of his game then he is stupid. 

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

Within the context of his statement he's stating facts about his past. I think now he is more serious about playing Pro Football that he will go in and demonstrate is growth by proving he knows the X's and O's. Just my guess because if he hasn't improved in that facet of his game then he is stupid. 

I understand what he's trying to convey....I wasn't serious back then.  But he could have chose much better wording for it without throwing his former team under the bus.

He could have just said "I wasn't an X's/O's type of guy and didn't watch much film".....that's it.  Leave it at that.

the question is how is that even possible that any franchise would not do their due diligence knowing how important the pick was.

What the hell did they talk about in the interviews etc ...?????

• Like (+1) 2

This guy is a complete joke. 

Just now, ddaryl said:

the question is how is that even possible that any franchise would not do their due diligence knowing how important the pick was.

Well, I promise that the Browns didn't draft him after he said 'I'm gonna be a lazy frat boy"... Not even the browns are that dumb. (I hope) 

So what he's saying here is that he lied, and now we're supposed to believe him that he's ready to be a man. K. 

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

To me it sounds like they never tested his football knowledge.  I never thought that would be possible with a pro organization but looks like that could have happened.

Sit him down in front of a white board and go through X's and O'x like Gruden does in this Gruden camp.  

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why would he say this?  He supposedly has desire to get back to the NFL and now he throws the organization he played for under the bus.

It's not like he's throwing the Packers, Steelers, or even the Cowboys under the bus. Pretty easy to see what a dumpster fire Cleveland has been. As much as I never liked Manziel, I dont doubt the Browns totally "Browned" the situation. That first year Manziel was there he was stuck with Hoyer who had zero interest in helping the kid learn anything. Pettine wasnt going to help as HC, and while Shanahan is good, he had other things to worry about. I dont blame Manziel for saying this.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not like he's throwing the Packers, Steelers, or even the Cowboys under the bus. Pretty easy to see what a dumpster fire Cleveland has been. As much as I never liked Manziel, I dont doubt the Browns totally "Browned" the situation. That first year Manziel was there he was stuck with Hoyer who had zero interest in helping the kid learn anything. Pettine wasnt going to help as HC, and while Shanahan is good, he had other things to worry about. I dont blame Manziel for saying this.

I understand your point.  I just am a believer, no matter how bad the team/employer was....never throw them under the bus especially when you're trying to get back in.

Speak the political talk.

• Like (+1) 2