We need another pass catching TE

Frez

I've been saying this for decades.  Gronk is gonna retire soon and I about blew my top when we passed on him in the draft.  Because for nearly 10 years prior to that draft I've been screaming for a big TE and I still am!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

You need a QB first.

we could actually get them at the same time, which would be pretty cool. :flirt:

21 minutes ago, bufrock j said:

dude     we need other positions way more,  TE is way down the list , maybe even last  

that really depends on how good he is, how good the qb is, and what kind of scheme you are running. a big guy with good hands who can run...a good te can be a wonderful thing. 

5 hours ago, Frez said:

In my opinion I think this is a draft we need to address our TE position. Clay has been good but he plays injured most of the time and honestly I have been expecting more out of him over the years. It's time we draft that big fast pass catching TE in this year's draft. Buffalo has been missing that go to guy for to long. Pete Metzelars and Jay Remermisa are long missed! 

I've heard good things about the TE from Penn State. Don't know much about the kid but I really hope we address that need in this years draft. 

I’d like a pass thrower first but i do agree.. would be nice to add another TE 

Clay has played 41 out of a possible 48 games with the Bills. He might have bad knees, but let's not act like he is Tyler Eifert. 

I agree though another pass catching TE would be ideal it's not a dire need. Let's see how they do with a QB that will throw it more.

Edited by Captain Murica

8 hours ago, Frez said:

In my opinion I think this is a draft we need to address our TE position. Clay has been good but he plays injured most of the time and honestly I have been expecting more out of him over the years. It's time we draft that big fast pass catching TE in this year's draft. Buffalo has been missing that go to guy for to long. Pete Metzelars and Jay Remermisa are long missed! 

I've heard good things about the TE from Penn State. Don't know much about the kid but I really hope we address that need in this years draft. 

Firstly @Frez, good to see you on here. Been a while neighbor. Secondly, I agree.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, moshermw said:

Logan Thomas breaks out in 2018.

that would be my response as well. He can run and Catch. Bills should develop him further. Love Nick btw.

Clay is the Guy i worry about. The knees. we need to replace him. Not sure drafting one is the best option.

To the point about TEs being a QB best friend? Gotta have someone AJ can get comfy with and quickly.

2 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

We could use a pass catching anything at this point. I wouldn’t be so specific as to the position. 

Darn Tootin DF1O5

10 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

It was a joke considering he is always injured and never thrown to.

I'm quite aware of how solid he actually is.

Honestly?

I like him and I thought it was a good pickup when we signed him.

I'd like to retain him after his contract is up, since we paid him a bunch and didn't use him that much.

hopefully now that we have a QB that doesnt need platform shoes to see over the center he will be used better.  Sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/31/2018 at 9:53 AM, Dkollidas said:

Fumagalli from Wisconsin could be a later round pickup that I’d like. Very sure hands, despite the fact he’s missing a finger. And that alone will probably drop his stock a bit more than it should as well. 

Is it his middle finger? If so, he can't flip off people.