Latest CBS Sports Mock Draft

I just reviewed the latest CBS mock draft.  They have us trading our 12th pick, our 4th round pick and our 2019 1st round pick to move up to 4.

They have Allen to Cleveland, Farnum of to the Giants and Rosen to the Jets.

The Bills going up to get Baker Mayfield, then taking WR Cortland Sutton at 22, C Frank Ragnow at 53 and LB Josey Jewell at 56.

i'm ok with using our 1st in 2019 because we have so many potential starting caliber players in this draft act class and we have probably 80 million in cap space to fill holes in 2019.

What are your thoughts on this two round Bills draft.

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Love the Baker pick and how we got to 4.

everyone else is over drafted, tho I do like Ragnow and Jewell later in the draft.

I think based on who is picked after the Bills, I would prefer Malik Jefferson LB from Texas and DT Harrison Phillips at 53 and 56, then Rashard Penny at 65 and Frank Ragnow at 96

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I just reviewed the latest CBS mock draft.  They have us trading our 12th pick, our 4th round pick and our 2019 1st round pick to move up to 4.

The Bills going up to get Baker Mayfield, then taking WR Cortland Sutton at 22, C Frank Ragnow at 53 and LB Josey Jewell at 56.

i'm ok with using our 1st in 2019 because we have so many potential starting caliber players in this draft act class and we have probably 80 million in cap space to fill holes in 2019.

65 million next year..as of now.

I don't understand why Cleveland would keep selling for the future?Do they want a future now,or is the franchise going to continue with on the backburner,one day down the road approach? Dorsey seems like he wants to make things happy now...and the Browns will have mega money under the cap again in '19.

26 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'd rather give up 22 than our 2019 1st and this year's 4th. The Bills' 1st next year will be in the teens most likely, assuming they regress this year to 6-10 or 7-9 or so.

Edited by mileena
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I don't understand why Cleveland would keep selling for the future?Do they want a future now,or is the franchise going to continue with on the backburner,one day down the road approach? Dorsey seems like he wants to make things happy now...and the Browns will have mega money under the cap again in '19.

I don't see Cleveland trading their second first round pick at the four spot. They already have an abundance of picks and plenty of cap space. With their two high first round picks they are going to go for elite talent rather than get a quantity of good talent. Their owner has instructed the new GM that now is the time to start emphasizing winning games rather than focus on the future. The fan base is too fatigued and exasperated with the process. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, mileena said:

I'd rather give up 22 than our 2019 1st and this year's 4th. The Bills' 1st next year will be in the teens most likely, assuming they regress this year to 6-10 or 7-9 or so.

Which first they would give up depends upon your trade partner, and how strong next years draft is projected to be, in comparison to pick 22 this year.

15 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A center in the top 3 rounds turns me off. 

Eric Wood (1st round) worked out pretty well until injures forced him to retire. 

Center is a premium spot if you want to run the ball well and don't want to get your quarterback killed. 

18 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Which first they would give up depends upon your trade partner, and how strong next years draft is projected to be, in comparison to pick 22 this year.

Next year’s draft, outside of QB, should be a much better draft than this IMO. 2019 will be LOADED with elite DL prospects. That is the 2nd hardest thing to obtain. The Bills could regress as well. I’d use whatever from this draft before including that pick. If Cleveland is the trade partner though they’d much rather add again in 2019 as they have a lot this year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Next year’s draft, outside of QB, should be a much better draft than this IMO. 2019 will be LOADED with elite DL prospects. That is the 2nd hardest thing to obtain. The Bills could regress as well. I’d use whatever from this draft before including that pick. If Cleveland is the trade partner though they’d much rather add again in 2019 as they have a lot this year.

Therein lies the problem with Any Cleveland trade. They will require more picks from 2019 and possibly 2020.

Im all for it. We have to do what we have to do to get our guy this year. We will have mucho dinero next year to spend in free agency.

Edited by dlonce