Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

More smoke, but would be great if true. It's unlikely they'd use 5 to get him, so either they trade back, or use 5 on another position. Either way could work in our favor. 

Unfortunately there's going to be 20 more reports like this about different teams and different QB's. Tis the season! 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PIZ said:

The Bills should love him too.  Not sure why you guys don't like him.

From all I've read, he's got the arm talent, but played in an offense in college that didn't require him to go through a series of reads. Word is he locks on one target. We've seen that before, and it didn't end well. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

The Bills should love him too.  Not sure why you guys don't like him.

Mediocre arm

No experience under centre 

No mobility 

QB friendly system that inflated stats

Rudolph was a good college spread QB who doesn't possess any elite traits. His ceiling seems quite limited. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Hey there was a thread about Rudolph going before Rosen, could end up being

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Arizona(trade up)-Jackson

Miami-Rosen

Buffalo on the outside looking in again with nothing.

Edited by xRUSHx

Rudolph has questions to answer about how he translates to other offensive systems.  I think the one plus going for him though is that even though he played in that system, he's in big football circles.  He has a good relationship with the Mannings, attended all their camps for years.  People like his height.  The arm strength is a question.  I think the one thing that he needs to work on immediately is getting used to the timing of when a WR is going to be where.  As I said in a thread last night, I don't know how he will turn out.  And honestly, outside of arm talent, I think he's ahead of Allen at this point.  It's just when you project down the line, Allen has tons more upside and that's why he is being talked about in the top 10.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

So, given the NFL history of QBs from USC, I guess Darnold is off the table as well...

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

I don't know how relevant that is.  I admit, Brandon Weeden is the only one I can think of, but I still don't think its relevant.  Everyone wants Baker Mayfield (me too) and he went to Oklahoma.  The only guys I can think of that went to Oklahoma and our NFL QBs are Sam Bradford and Landry Jones....not exactly a great list.  Just my opinion that I think Mason Rudolph is a good fit for Buffalo, as he has everything Tyrod didn't have.  Just my opinion though.

16 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Mentioned this morning per chatter picked up at the owners meetings in Orlando and that Mayfield is a Smokescreen.

Perhaps Trepasso isn't as crazy as everyone thinks he is.

I would go with the process of elimination and assume the Broncos love the guy that hasn't been mentioned as the one they love.

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Mediocre arm

No experience under centre 

No mobility 

QB friendly system that inflated stats

Rudolph was a good college spread QB who doesn't possess any elite traits. His ceiling seems quite limited. 

He is accurate and can find an open receiver.  If we had a QB that could have done that last year, we would have beat Jacksonville.

• Like (+1) 1

If we assumed that this report is correct, I would imagine that Denver trades up from their 2nd round pick to take him rather than trading down from 5 to take him. They could theoretically take Nelson or Barkley at 5 and then get Rudolph at the back end of the 1st round.

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

He is accurate and can find an open receiver.  If we had a QB that could have done that last year, we would have beat Jacksonville.

I don't think either of those things are particularly true. His accuracy is pretty spotty and he's generally slow in diagnosing coverage.

Edit: I wouldn't say he's inaccurate, but I also wouldn't consider accuracy to be a strength of his. The only real strengths I would say for him is that he's tall and he does a really nice job of sliding around the pocket.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1