Matt Miller's latest Mock makes sense

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly do not see that.....and I have been reviewing whole games

quote from draft profile "Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away."

He did suffer two concussions within a couple months last year.

He is not the most solid guy physically.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

That's only an 150 point overpayment, but I still don't like giving up both 1st's to jump to 6. 

Agreed on both points, but I would pull the trigger if Mayfield is still there.

I am SO glad that Whaley is gone. He gave away the store time after time. It really is refreshing to know that our management team has some degree of discipline.

1 hour ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

yes, but not one of these is a day one starter, which McBeane is clearly shooting for

How do you know what he is "shooting" for. They are building a team concept and putting a pompous self centered prodigal QB as your "leader" is not an option. 

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am SO glad that Whaley is gone. He gave away the store time after time. It really is refreshing to know that our management team has some degree of discipline.

Mayfield’s your boy too huh?

He’s my dream pick, but I just have a feeling the Bills don’t have him ranked that high 

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You have been on this longer than anyone and you were right!

15 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

quote from draft profile "Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away."

Have you watched any of Rosen's games?   The ones I saw last year had him continually battling from behind due the Bruins' putrid defense.   He was at the mercy of the pass rush (behind a meh O-line) and had to play hero ball to give his team any hope of staying in games...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I wrote about half a dozen concept mock drafts for BillsWire last year. Let me tell you, that stuff is stressful. If you don't take the guys that most people want, folks get angry.

I have nothing but respect for the guys that do it on a national scale. Their Twitter mentions must be carnage.

Must be brutal.

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Mayfield’s your boy too huh?

He’s my dream pick, but I just have a feeling the Bills don’t have him ranked that high 

He is but after Darnold. I think that Darnold can do it all and will have tremendous success in this league.

Jmo, and rating qbs isn't necessarily my strong point.  :)

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

He is but after Darnold. I think that Darnold can do it all and will have tremendous success in this league.

Darnold's throwing motion is so weird to me.  I feel like like it's going to hurt him in the pro's

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Care to rate the CB class?

I'm leaving, I'm leaving......

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

It's not disrespectful to overrate him?

I don't get paid, as a member of the "group think" NFL media, to basically ignore Jackson's franchise level NFL QB talent based on ignorant stereotypes which should have been squashed long ago.

I believe that Chris Simms is the only member of the NFL media (that I know of) who has Jackson as the #1 QB prospect in this draft. Given Jacksons amazing accomplishments, and the clear faults in the other 4 QBs, this is downright shameful. Don't you think something's wrong with this picture? These people aren't doing it on purpose, they're just parrots who just say what the person next to them are saying. Which goes to falling back on comfortable stereotypes.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

How do you know what he is "shooting" for. They are building a team concept and putting a pompous self centered prodigal QB as your "leader" is not an option. 

I think he is shooting for this given that he traded away the starting QB, did not actively pursue any FA QB's ( AJ fell into their lap as the last qb standing). I find it hard to believe that the plan is to start Nate, or start whichever FA qb they ended up with. These actions undertaken by Beane are facts. Pompous, self centered, are opinions. You could end up being right based on your opinions,  I'm merely drawing reasonable conclusions based on facts .

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Have you watched any of Rosen's games?   The ones I saw last year had him continually battling from behind due the Bruins' putrid defense.   He was at the mercy of the pass rush (behind a meh O-line) and had to play hero ball to give his team any hope of staying in games...

Ya, I saw a lot of his games. I live in Eugene and follow Pac 12 football pretty closely. Their line was not very good, but I don't expect the Bills line to be all that good this year either. The guy has a slight build and is injury prone imo. Behind a good line and coached to get rid of the ball quicker he has skills to succeed.

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Meaning what? Ryan with an attitude IS Rodgers or Favre or Brady!

Not a big fan of Ryan, he definitely isn't in the same class as Brady or Rodgers. I just disagree.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Cant believe there are actually fans that would NOT want a Matt Ryan

I want a Brady :D

1 minute ago, westside said:

Did I say anything about taking a qb in the 6th? I'm not a Ryan fan, is that ok? Good lord!!!

????   You said you wanted a Brady and I merely referenced where Brady was drafted.  As Foghorn Leghorn used to say, "that's a joke son, don't ya get it? I made a funny and you're not laughin' ".

7 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

????   You said you wanted a Brady and I merely referenced where Brady was drafted.  As Foghorn Leghorn used to say, "that's a joke son, don't ya get it? I made a funny and you're not laughin' ".

Sorry about that, I guess I do need to lighten up. lol

• Haha (+1) 1