Bills had deal in place with Colts to trade to 3 before Jets swooped in, per WGR

29 minutes ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

Nate Geary said today in WGR two team sources have told him the bills had a deal in place with the colts to get to 3 and the Jets deal with them really hurt.

He also said that's why they traded Tyrod. Not sure if he meant because they knew they were getting to 3 or if the 3rd round pick from Cleveland was a part of the trade package 

Seems fishy. OBD has been notoriously tight lipped on everything only to have not 1 but 2 "team sources" spill the beans? Not buying it.

What I do believe is they likely knew what it would take to get to 3. Just like I'm sure they know what it will take to get to 1,2,4,6,7,8,9,10. Jets likely overplayed and we declined to do the same if presented an opportunity from the Colts.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Suh interest is a bit puzzling. 

I'll keep saying it.  Everyone thinks it's crazy.  I'm not 100% sold the Jets are going QB.  They are attacking FA like a front office that knows they need to win now.  I just wouldn't be shocked if the move was to jump the Browns at 4 for Barkley, figuring Barkley at RB could spearhead a quick turnaround like it did for Dallas / Jacksonville the last 2 years.  Their plan is to play McCown, they signed Bridgewater, they still have Hackenburg and Maccagnan knows taking a QB like Allen, who is going to sit for a year or two, basically ensuring they get very little impact from their rookie class, he's basically picking QB of the future for the next guy.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I'll keep saying it.  Everyone thinks it's crazy.  I'm not 100% sold the Jets are going QB.  They are attacking FA like a front office that knows they need to win now.  I just wouldn't be shocked if the move was to jump the Browns at 4 for Barkley, figuring Barkley at RB could spearhead a quick turnaround like it did for Dallas / Jacksonville the last 2 years.  Their plan is to play McCown, they signed Bridgewater, they still have Hackenburg and Maccagnan knows taking a QB like Allen, who is going to sit for a year or two, basically ensuring they get very little impact from their rookie class, he's basically picking QB of the future for the next guy.

I am. No way you trade up 3 spots and give up 3 2nd round picks for anything other than a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

you draft a young qb who comes in and maybe wins the qb battle gets you another year or two on the job.  if the kid shows serious promise you stay in the office

11 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Seems fishy. OBD has been notoriously tight lipped on everything only to have not 1 but 2 "team sources" spill the beans? Not buying it.

What I do believe is they likely knew what it would take to get to 3. Just like I'm sure they know what it will take to get to 1,2,4,6,7,8,9,10. Jets likely overplayed and we declined to do the same if presented an opportunity from the Colts.

If it's truly coming out of them, I see it as damage control for the fanbase.  "We're sorry we can't get up to the top 3, we thought a deal was done and the Colts double crossed us, be mad at them, not us".

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If it's truly coming out of them, I see it as damage control for the fanbase.  "We're sorry we can't get up to the top 3, we thought a deal was done and the Colts double crossed us, be mad at them, not us".

And, they know they can't get any higher than maybe 7....so we ain't getting the guy we want.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Are we running with the reporting for WGR’s weekend part-time radio host?  Not saying it didn’t happen but I will wait till a legitimate journalists reports that info

My friend, I truly don't care if you believe it or not. I heard it today on WGR and thought I would pass it along. If you want to chalk it up to BS, have at it. Whether or not you (or anyone) believes the report makes no difference to me whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

outside of that? That’s one piece and I clearly stated they don’t have a plan. Plans involve more than one thing 

Lmao so they had an insane off season spending and building up that roster, then get in a position to get a QB in the draft, but yeah, no plan.

11 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

And, they know they can't get any higher than maybe 7....so we ain't getting the guy we want.

Yep.

At this point I think absolute best case is trading up and getting one of Allen or Baker around 7, hopefully only having to give up a 2nd to do it.

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why would we not get a chance to up the ante. That makes no sense to cut off bidding. 

100% agree. If this was true, the Colts would have told us, and Beane would have done research to check in on the situation. Colts would have gave us opportunity to "up the ante". Not buying this

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Yep.

At this point I think absolute best case is trading up and getting one of Allen or Baker around 7, hopefully only having to give up a 2nd to do it.

I'm assuming we have Plan B in place now, anything better like say Rosen falling to 7 would be a miracle.

31 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

It's not eBay. Jets didn't outbid them by $1 with 5 seconds left. Bills made their offer, Jets beat it, Bills not willing to beat it or get into a bidding war, Colts made the deal

Maybe we can be draft night snipers?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills4life1924 said:

100% agree. If this was true, the Colts would have told us, and Beane would have done research to check in on the situation. Colts would have gave us opportunity to "up the ante". Not buying this

What makes you think they would have in fact upped the ante? The cost from 3 to 12 would have already been vastly steeper than from 6 to 3.

In turn the Jets package was going to take an awful lot to beat.

39 minutes ago, BuckeyeBill said:

So maybe we just screwed the Jets?  Especially if we sweep in to #2 and take Rosen.  They'll be smarting for years.

Unless Allen is who the Jets like, in which case they aren't screwed.  That is unless Allen is the QB the Bills also like and would take at #2.