Bills have private workout with Baker Mayfield

3 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

He set the records for completion % and YPA and then broke his own records. There is no one with his stats. His ball placment and accuracy was ahead of everyone’s at all levels of the field, under pressure and not, in and out of the pocket. That consistency is because of good mechanics. So yes he does drift towards pressure too often. But his accuracy is elite. 

Here is a video that explains some ofwhat I'm talking about.  It's long winded but pretty good.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i would love baker, but it's out of our control at this point. we have no say over 1-3...and 4, which leaves denver. if somehow he makes it to 6 then it's a different ball game. i do not want to trade picks away. i would rather use next year's due to having money for fa.

i think plan 1b....and it's the safe route, is rudolph. i'm not too worried tho. i think a.j.'s gonna be a stud.

Rudolph got bailed out quite often by his phisical receivers with a huge catch radius. He strikes me as a chuck it up type. 

18 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Like it. I noticed the drifting as well. 

I'm kinda confused? You like that he held the ball a little too long, then threw a bad pass which in the NFL might have been a pick six, while drifting from the pocket and creating pressure which otherwise isn't there????

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

I'm kinda confused? You like that he held the ball a little too long, then threw a bad pass which in the NFL might have been a pick six, while drifting from the pocket and creating pressure which otherwise isn't there????

Liked the video.  I don’t think he’s a perfect prospect but I think he is a very good prospect. 

Edited by Batman1876

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

Liked the video.  I don’t think he’s a perfect prospect but I think he is a very good prospect. 

Ahh ok.  Yea that guy is the best video reviewer on YouTube I have stumbled across.  Slow, but good info.

Mayfield I like too.  But I think he is really more of an Andy Dalton, top of the 2nd round talent type.  Taking him at 22 makes sense.  At 12 it's a reach. Trading up to 4 for him seems crazy to me. 

Just now, peterpan said:

Ahh ok.  Yea that guy is the best video reviewer on YouTube I have stumbled across.  Slow, but good info.

Mayfield I like too.  But I think he is really more of an Andy Dalton, top of the 2nd round talent type.  Taking him at 22 makes sense.  At 12 it's a reach. Trading up to 4 for him seems crazy to me. 

I only see Darnold & Rosen as the top QBs...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I only see Darnold & Rosen as the top QBs...

Have you watched Darnold? I don't get where the hype with him comes from.  I like to watch whole games of the players and I couldn't  find one where he looked good.  Someone said the Penn  St Rose bowl game...But  he stunk!  Then I watched a video of his career highlights and not even they were good! 

Rosen meanwhile is like watching a God amongst mear mortals.  Absolutely perfect in everything he does.  I haven't read a SINGLE thing online from media "experts", anonymous scout quotes, or even posters on this board, who can point to anything he does wrong on the field.  It's all like, his parents are rich and some people don't  like him... big deal.  Concussions I can get, but that is such an unknown. Darnold could get lit up in his first start and Bam, now he is concussion prone etc etc.

Ralph Wilson will be smiling down on us all if Rosen ends up in Buffalo. 

Edited by peterpan
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Have you watched Darnold? I don't get where the hype with him comes from.  I like to watch whole games of the players and I couldn't  find one where he looked good.  Someone said the Penn  St Rose bowl game...But  he stunk!  Then I watched a video of his career highlights and not even they were good! 

Rosen meanwhile is like watching a God amongst mear mortals.  Absolutely perfect in everything he does.  I haven't read a SINGLE thing online from media "experts", anonymous scout quotes, or even posters on this board, who can point to anything he does wrong on the field.  It's all like, his parents are rich and some people don't  like him... big deal.  Concussions I can get, but that is such an unknown. Darnold could get lit up in his first start and Bam, now he is concussion prone etc etc.

Rosen is my guy and the one I covet the most. I just have a feeling that Darnold will develop, you have to keep in mind the kid is only 20 and doesn't have fatal flaws like Allen IMO.

41 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Yeah, Rosen never does anything wrong ... 

11 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Rosen is my guy and the one I covet the most. I just have a feeling that Darnold will develop, you have to keep in mind the kid is only 20 and doesn't have fatal flaws like Allen IMO.

I know this is a Mayfield thread but, I'm curious what you think Allen's fatal flaws are? I'm curious to know what other think of him. 

nobody knows if it's true or not with all of the misinformation and smoke screens, but I've heard through the grapevine that if Darnold and Allen are gone the next QB the Bills are looking at is Lamar Jackson.  could you imagine if Baker Mayfield is there for us and we take Lamar Jackson??

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

nobody knows if it's true or not with all of the misinformation and smoke screens, but I've heard through the grapevine that if Darnold and Allen are gone the next QB the Bills are looking at is Lamar Jackson.  could you imagine if Baker Mayfield is there for us and we take Lamar Jackson??

That will do it for me.  I was among those who thought and prayed that Nix was trading up for Russell Wilson and I can’t take another one of those - if this happens it will just about sap my interest in Buffalo Bills football.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

No offence but I’m just not buying anything coming out of Buffalo. They have been so tight lipped since McBeane took over people don’t know what’s happening until it does. If information is out there, it’s because they want it to be. I mean Nate Geary is now saying that the Bills were all set to trade up to the Colts spot, from sources within. When has Nate Geary ever had any sources? 

Tis the season for disinformation.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

No offence but I’m just not buying anything coming out of Buffalo. They have been so tight lipped since McBeane took over people don’t know what’s happening until it does. If information is out there, it’s because they want it to be. I mean Nate Geary is now saying that the Bills were all set to trade up to the Colts spot, from sources within. When has Nate Geary ever had any sources? 

Tis the season for disinformation.

we'll see next month.  i'm just saying - i think i would lose my lunch if that is how it goes down

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

I know this is a Mayfield thread but, I'm curious what you think Allen's fatal flaws are? I'm curious to know what other think of him. 

Accuracy mostly, I now some people point to his WRs, but accuracy is the one trait that is very rarely corrected at the pro-level. He also really sucked against good teams. I know people can point to his overall team, but his completion% against good teams was awful...His decision making ability is a big ?  for me, he played against low level competition and threw a ton of picks.

Aside from that I love his rocket arm and jesus he has a quick release....His mobility is also really good...