Rumor: Trade up discussion with Giants

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

If he's the right guy, 12 isn't too high.  I'm not the only one.

Guess the Steelers are wasting their time too.

The Steelers have the 28th pick. 12 and 28 are a big difference. Also they are not going to use that pick on Rudolph. I could see them taking him the 2nd, 60th overall. Would be a bit of an overdraft there, but not bad value wise. 

They also have a franchise quarterback, so they are in position to draft and develop guys. If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter. 

They also have only 5 picks. They aren't using their first round pick on Rudolph. NO way. 

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills do this... the 3-13 G-Men will be back in the Playoffs before we are.  We can't go freaking crazy because the Jets did.  We have the ammo for some damned good additions on both sides of the ball, with youth and depth.  I know we need a QB, but damn. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Take this as you will

I would give them the 1st rounder next year and keep 53 and 65 and next years 2nd rounder.

Next years 1st rounder will most likely be in the 30-32 range anyway.................:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I'm curious, have you even watched any of these guys play? I've watched every QB in the draft, have you? Or are you riding off the back of forum GMs and talking heads?

I've watched a lot of Allen. Dude can sling it, but accuracy is still very scary, especially on the run. No thanks.

I have watched some of Rudolph too, and while he looks good, I can't help but think "meh." 

If we are taking a QB outside the top choices, get Jackson. 

3 minutes ago, McD said:

If the Bills do this... the 3-13 G-Men will be back in the Playoffs before we are.  We can't go freaking crazy because the Jets did.  We have the ammo for some damned good additions on both sides of the ball, with youth and depth.  I know we need a QB, but damn. 

I've asked this a few times, but haven't really gotten a response from anyone else, so I'll ask you...

This franchise has been in existence for almost 60 years, and has never used it's first draft slot to select a QB. If now is not the time to be aggressive, then when?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

1999 was the last time QBs went 1-2-3; Couch-McNabb-A. Smith

The #2 pick behind the Browns feels like a very good spot to be, no one I would rather have picking a QB in front of you.

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I've asked this a few times, but haven't really gotten a response from anyone else, so I'll ask you...

This franchise has been in existence for almost 60 years, and has never used it's first draft slot to select a QB. If now is not the time to be aggressive, then when?

Bills fans have been conditioned to accept mediocrity and fear anything different.

• Like (+1) 2

Mason Rudolph upside= AJ McCarron upside but one was a 5th round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/mason-rudolph?id=2559942

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/aj-mccarron?id=2543497

Plus AJ has NFL experience now, MR belongs no where near #12. We have that kind of upside right now!

Edited by horned dogs
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Define first.   There was Manual (#16) in 2013... 

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The #2 pick behind the Browns feels like a very good spot to be, no one I would rather have picking a QB in front of you.

Bills fans have been conditioned to accept mediocrity and fear anything different.

The homeless man says he has “a plan” this time and has done his research. Haslam trusts the process. 

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I've watched a lot of Allen. Dude can sling it, but accuracy is still very scary, especially on the run. No thanks.

I have watched some of Rudolph too, and while he looks good, I can't help but think "meh." 

If we are taking a QB outside the top choices, get Jackson. 

Allen looks like Ben Roethlisberger at times, he has that kind of ability. Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield cannot do what Allen can do.

Rudolph is drawing interest from the Patriots and Steelers, which kind of tells you everything you need to know about him.

I'm sticking to my guns, I'm behind either Allen or Rudolph. Flame away.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Interesting study: since 1999, each time the Browns have drafted a QB in the first round, the very next QB off the board has gone on to a more successful career.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Define first.   There was Manual (#16) in 2013... 

He wasn't their first draft slot; they moved down from 8 overall 

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Interesting study: since 1999, each time the Browns have drafted a QB in the first round, the very next QB off the board has gone on to a more successful career.

He wasn't their first draft slot; they moved down from 8 overall 

Does that count the last two QBs they actively traded?

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen looks like Ben Roethlisberger at times, he has that kind of ability. Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield cannot do what Allen can do.

Rudolph is drawing interest from the Patriots and Steelers, which kind of tells you everything you need to know about him.

I'm sticking to my guns, I'm behind either Allen or Rudolph. Flame away.

I can respect this. I founded the Luke Falk Cult after all, and I still support him. Don't forget, though, the Pats took Ryan Mallet and Bryan Hoyer onboard, and got extremely lucky with Brady.