LB Kevin Minter visiting Bills

2 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

It is quite odd. Did I miss a bengal assistant that we signed? Did they sign one of ours? We have seen new regimes sign a lot players from their previous stops but this is different.

It seems like pro personnel department got stuck with the Bengals tape and didn't watch anything else. 

4 hours ago, Manther said:

What are your other options?

There is none....but I still don't have to trust them... you just don't give someone your trust just because they're new. Man... that's the start of a bad relationship. If this was a woman...you'll be screwed thinking like that

Edited by Scorp83

10 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

What have Beane & Derm done for me to trust the process? I'm happy we broke the drought. But building the team... how can i just trust them?

Because your supposed to be a fan and you have no choice they are in charge whether you like it or not ;) 

Nothing you can do about it but go along for the ride.

BTW I trust the process :)

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it's only natural to compare potential new guys to the guy they are replacing no? This seems normal to me. 

I could understand comparing and contrasting the differences and similarities. But when you have entirely two different players and say "oh he sounds like Preston Brown" then something is wrong. Compton and Brown are no were near the same kind of player... Compton is actually for of the Zach Brown type. Both are extremely fast for being a  LB the speed doesn't  translate to the field Preston Brown and Minter are at least very close athletically... Minter is slightly more athletic. But as for play on the field... Minter does a much better job of fighting through blockers and avoiding blockers. He also takes much better angles than Brown ever has. And Minter actually can sniff out screens. The issue with Minter is sometimes he over runs some plays... Preston usually doesn't do that. People just hear slow and bad in coverage and just say Preston Brown but they are pretty different.

43 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I could understand comparing and contrasting the differences and similarities. But when you have entirely two different players and say "oh he sounds like Preston Brown" then something is wrong. Compton and Brown are no were near the same kind of player... Compton is actually for of the Zach Brown type. Both are extremely fast for being a  LB the speed doesn't  translate to the field Preston Brown and Minter are at least very close athletically... Minter is slightly more athletic. But as for play on the field... Minter does a much better job of fighting through blockers and avoiding blockers. He also takes much better angles than Brown ever has. And Minter actually can sniff out screens. The issue with Minter is sometimes he over runs some plays... Preston usually doesn't do that. People just hear slow and bad in coverage and just say Preston Brown but they are pretty different.

This is great analysis man. But you are comparing these guys to Preston Brown, which again makes sense.  On paper, Minter and Brown are very similar, 2 down thumper linebackers. On paper Preston is very different from Compton. I don't understand what is wrong with comparing. Good work. 

15 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Do a search for the current cap thread on here somewhere last reported at being just under 22M for the first 51 / spottrac

Doesn't include Kyles' and Bodines' contracts.  Probably about 15 Million when all is said and done to this point.

• 3 weeks later...