The Bills aren't showing they're desperate for a QB

17 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm not exactly sure why. They ended up getting AJ McCarron on the cheap. They stayed away from big money free agency. They allowed a division rival to trade up for a franchise QB. 

The question is why? 

Why is simple, they don’t want to over pay for a QB that is not truly a franchise guy.  The same can be said for the draft situation.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

What they want to do. Key word was desperate. Look at every other QB needy team, they showed desperation. 

Desperate teams do desperate things. Like pay Sam "Glass" Bradford $20 million dollars for a season. Or way over pay for the 3rd overall pick in a draft. 

It feels really nice to see the Bills willing to move, but putting a priority on value. AJ McCarron may not amount to much, but he may just be a guy that comes in and does extremely well. If we have to roll with him for a season, I'm good with that. Best case he has a fantastic year. Worst case he has a horrible year and we are a "Lock" for a high pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm not exactly sure why. They ended up getting AJ McCarron on the cheap. They stayed away from big money free agency. They allowed a division rival to trade up for a franchise QB. 

The question is why? 

Because we now have an intellectual gm.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The question is why? 

1. They needed a bridge/backup type QB and they got one at a great price for being patient.

2. Don't exactly have the cap space to go "big money" shopping plus the contract given to Star doesn't help either. They did well with what they have and next year will be soooo much better for acquiring FA's.

3. By "allowed" if you mean watch a divisional rival blow their draft pick load to move up 3 spots, yeah you're right. If you think that price was worth it I'm glad your not our GM.

I expect the Bills to make a move for a QB, just not a stupid one. 12, 22 and 53 should do it, if not keep the picks and go BPA and fill the glaring holes at LB and WR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lots of people praising the Jets for doing the opposite, but what the Jets did was out of desperation, reckless, and stupid.  Trading up 40 + days before the draft, is stupid.  Beane and company are doing it the way you need to do it.  Patience.  The Jets move has "ownership involvement" written all over it to me.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PIZ said:

Lots of people praising the Jets for doing the opposite, but what the Jets did was out of desperation, reckless, and stupid.  Trading up 40 + days before the draft, is stupid.  Beane and company are doing it the way you need to do it.  Patience.  The Jets move has "ownership involvement" written all over it to me.

If the Jets get the QB they want than they didnt do anything wrong.