Even the Jets don’t want Josh Allen...Lol

JaCrispy

Was just over at their message boards and, obviously, they are pumped- and think that the trade up was a steal for them.

One guy then goes on to say that, now, they just need some team to take Allen before their pick to save to Jets from themselves.

I just find it funny, that with all this talk about Allen potentially going top 3, many fans don’t even want the guy because it is clear as day that he is not that good imo.

• Haha (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Was just over at their message boards and, obviously, they are pumped- and think that the trade up was a steal for them.

One guy then goes on to say that, now, they just need some team to take Allen before their pick to save to Jets from themselves.

I just find it funny, that with all this talk about Allen potentially going top 3, many fans don’t even want the guy because it is clear as day that he is not that good imo.

He has an unbelievable arm and surprising athleticism. Someone is gonna bite. Really starting to feel like Mayfield might be the one that falls to us, but I'm not sure we even want him.

If Allen doesn't bust his ceiling is Matt Stafford. That's a pretty good QB. Mind you I would prefer the Bills not drafting Allen but none of us have much idea if ANY of these guys will make it or bust. The guys here on TBD that make statements like fact about these QB's are just not getting it, and probably never will. Worry less about being right and more about being a knowledgeable football fan and Bills fan. Nobody cares if you were right about which QB turns out. It won't give you any cred, even in such an online community. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It's ironic because Allen has more God given ability than any QB in the draft. I'd kill to have him on the Bills.

Yeah i don't understand it myself, he literally carried the team on his shoulders (well with his arm) , a team with many drops, terrible offense in general and took him to the bowl game. I don't care if it's a small school or a large school , if there is no team talent at all around you then you'll struggle and he did but he still won them games even if they weren't pretty.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

You can laugh at me if you want but I will say there is a 50/50 chance he will be available at 12.

42 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

If Allen doesn't bust his ceiling is Matt Stafford. That's a pretty good QB. Mind you I would prefer the Bills not drafting Allen but none of us have much idea if ANY of these guys will make it or bust. The guys here on TBD that make statements like fact about these QB's are just not getting it, and probably never will. Worry less about being right and more about being a knowledgeable football fan and Bills fan. Nobody cares if you were right about which QB turns out. It won't give you any cred, even in such an online community. 

I think you mean Darnold is Stafford.  The similarities are striking.  But albeit I don't think Darnold is nearly as good.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m starting to think this is the guy who will end up being the best of all of them :lol: 

I kind of think so too. I'm also predicting Barkley will disappoint as a pro. Not a Trent Richardson-level disappointment, but maybe Reggie Bush.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the same regime that drafted Bryce Petty and Christian Sackenberg. I don’t think their QB evaluation is making anyone very confident.

For that reason, I have reason to hope that they take Allen and he has a career full of one hopped bubble screens and errant passes to Bills DB’s creating over a decade of angst for Jets fans. 

Now, if we happen to draft Allen, I hope his supreme physical tools are fully realized on his way to the HOF filled with multiple Super Bowl MVP’s. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1