Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

3 hours ago, akm0404 said:

Wait, are you offering a wager that two or fewer quarterbacks will be selected in the top 10?

I am willing to wager up to 500$ on this, pending selection of suitable escrow.

No, most people are talking about 4

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I feel like that would be the situation.....getting ajm gives him that time......a young hungry qb with something to prove......let LJ hold the clip board for a year

Of course nobody knows, educated speculation at best. My belief is that alot of people are sleeping on Lamar. The eye test does not reveal a Tyrod clone imo.

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dang, that means we need to get to #2. That sucks.

Not only that, it would have been stupid for the Jets to not being making similar offers to the Giants as they struck with the Colts, Giants were not selling.  I think the top 3 picks are staying with the teams that have them and there is a good chance they are all going QB.

The entire football world is popping woody's over Carson Wentz and Jared Goff because they turned out to be worth what their respective teams traded up for them. So now all QB needy teams are thinking "we" need to draft a QB in the top of the draft.

Oddly enough both those young men found the right HC/OC scheme that allowed them to excel and become solid NFL starters. It took Geoff an extra season because he sure didn't look like he was worthy of the first overall pick in his first year. 

Now all teams want a Carson Wentz and yet there isn't one in this year's draft class that I see.  What really gets me is that most of the team slated to draft a QB early don't have the necessary people on the roster or coaching staff to develop one of these young QBs properly. All of the top five/six QB's have warts and none look worthy of a bundle of first, second round picks. I'd rather not see this team move up to the number two spot for a wart. 

We all saw that McD really did a good job drafting last year in filling some needs at CB, OT. Now we gotta hope they can use those same eyes to find a QB in this year's draft and if not we get to see what AJ McCarron can do. If McCarron can't get it done then trade for Foles. 

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’ll belly up for my helping of crow if needed but I don’t think the Giants are going to draft a QB at #2 and I don’t think 4 QB go in the top 10

It is possible they will trade with someone who will, but I think it is equally possible (depending upon what the Browns do) that they draft elsewhere.

The Jets are pretty clearly throwing down the gauntlet to the Browns “draft a QB at #4 and you’re picking at best the 2nd QB off the board.

Why not? Eli is in the last stages of his career and when will the Giants get a better shot at his replacement?

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

No, the Jets got as high as they could. The Giants are not passing on what the Jets offered unless they either have someone in mind they think is too good to pass up, or they are stupid.

The Jets showing what they were willing to give up for the third overall, I highly doubt they couldn't acquire the second had it really been in play.

So while the Bills struggle to find a team in the top five willing to trade out of the top ten, the Jets could potentially have their choice of three QBs 

Or the Giants are just not willing to trade with the Jets?

Have those 2 teams ever traded with each other? I can't think of a single one, and couldn't find one when I tried to doduble check on google. 

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

No we don't. This is just your opinion, right? According to the draft picks value chart, we have zero chance to trade for number one pick. If I was Beane, I would not do it. Beane himself cannot do it anyway if he wanted. Get your Lamar Jackson jerseys ready. Beane and company have been hyping up L. Jackson anyway.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/lamar_jackson_steals_show_at_nfl_combine_meets_with_buffalo_bills.html

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/03/2018-nfl-scouting-combine-buffalo-bills-lamar-jackson/

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/16/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-2018-nfl-draft/

You can trade picks from next year.  You can throw in Shady if you really feel you have to have a guy.  Quit thinking that chart really means anything.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You can trade picks from next year.  You can throw in Shady if you really feel you have to have a guy.  Quit thinking that chart really means anything.

HAHA Beane is not trading next years picks for any of these unknown QBs. Shady is not going anywhere. We have 2 more good years from him before he's traded. Rookie RBs usually don't make immediate impacts in their rookie years. Those 3 articles I linked are not smoke screens about Beane's feelings on Lamar Jackson. He's going to be here. FYI, I'm not married to the chart. However, it is a guideline to base things as a starting point and that chart does a great job.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

HAHA Beane is not trading next years picks for any of these unknown QBs. Shady is not going anywhere. We have 2 more good years from him before he's traded. Rookie RBs usually don't make immediate impacts in their rookie years. Those 3 articles I linked are not smoke screens about Beane's feelings on Lamar Jackson. He's going to be here. FYI, I'm not married to the chart. However, it is a guideline to base things as a starting point and that chart does a great job.

I agree about Jackson, it may be he's the guy they're targeting.  But you are simply wrong saying we can't move to 1 or 2.  Because you're basing it just off 2018 picks and there's no reason to do so.  And you're basing it off what you think Beane would do and you have no idea about that either

Let’s play Devil’s advocate for a moment, let’s say the Draft goes as follows:

1. Browns - Darnold

2. Giants trade with Denver - Rosen

3. Jets - Mayfield

4. Browns - Barkley

5. Giants - Chubb

6. Colts - Nelson

7. Tampa - Fitzpatrick

8. Bears - Tremaine Edmunds

9. 49ers - Ward

10. Raiders - Smith (MLB)

11. Dolphins - Ridley

That means Buffalo would have a choice between Allen or Jackson. Is the difference between those two and the other 3 so great that they are worth Harrison Phillips? Or Price? Or Brown (RT)? Or Rashaan Evans?....just a consideration.

Edited by BigBuff423

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

For anyone dreaming about trade scenarios for number one or number two pick, I'm killin' that. It's not going to happen. Zero chance. We're staying pat at number 12 and drafting Lamar Jackson.

I'm all in on drafting Lamar Jackson at #12. However with Arizona and LA Chargers well within range to move ahead of the Bills, don't be too sure he'll still be there. If I'm the Bills, the first team ahead of me that'll take a 3rd round pick I'm moving to pick Jackson, just in case someone tried to get in front of the Bills for him.

As for Jackson at #12, he's actually my favorite QB in the 1st round prospects. Darnold's gone at 1 overall, I personally don't like Rosen or Mayfield and I never wanted the Bills to draft either of them, and IMO Allen won't even come close to the production and success which Jackson will have at the NFL level. Also, IMO you don't pick a MLB over the need for a high quality, potential franchise QB prospect, no matter how good that LB is. There will be a good one at #22.

I imagine the AFC East as Rosen (Jets), Mayfield (Dolphins) and Jackson (Bills). I like the Bills chances with Jackson because those other two guys are nothing but head cases who are looking for drama and attention. I imagine that doesn't go over very we'll in NFL locker rooms over the long haul.

4 hours ago, jumpgo692003 said:

that sounds more like sour grapes than statistical projection.  who cares if they hit on their qb.  the goal is for the bills to hit on theirs.  the jets trade (smart imo) secures a top 3 qb at worst.  bills need to Decide if the franchise qb is in this draft.  if so, pay whatever it cost and if not, don't overpay and just draft bpa at the picks they have.  that simple.

Go look at their history of drafting QBs to see it's not just my view. This same GM drafted Christian Hackenberg with a number two pick two years ago. The Jets were 5-11 last year and even Kirk Cousins wanted no part of that team for 30 mill per. 

The Jets traded up three spots to ensure they get one of the top three QB's...whoopie! They already had the sixth pick and would have probably drafted one of the top three just by staying put. (Foolish indeed if this turns out to be the case.) Instead, to move up three spots they gave up the 6th pick in the first, the 37th and 49th overall picks in this year's draft. PLUS, their number two pick in the 2019 draft.

Three number two draft picks all to draft the leftovers from the NY Giants, Cleveland Browns in Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen. If the Giants, Browns draft Rosen, Darnold the Jets are left with Mayfield/Allen just like they would have if they had stayed put. This doesn't look so smart from my view. 

I still say the Jets will be firing this coaching staff and GM by the end of the 2018 season no matter which QB they draft. 

6 hours ago, Putin said:

Does that even guarantee’s we get the guy we want ? Even if it did can we gamble the future of the franchise for the next 5 / 6 years by putting all in the hands of a 20 year old kid who may or may not be the answer to our QB purgatory 

Darnold is going #1. If that’s their guy then no. But they have the pick between Rosen, Allen and Mayfield at #2. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I agree about Jackson, it may be he's the guy they're targeting.  But you are simply wrong saying we can't move to 1 or 2.  Because you're basing it just off 2018 picks and there's no reason to do so.  And you're basing it off what you think Beane would do and you have no idea about that either

He's not trading anymore. It's over. Did you read the article I linked? Again, it's right here.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/16/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-2018-nfl-draft/

Beane put this out there to get the fan base prepared. We're staying at 12.

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

No it wont

Tbh we might have to pay more

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Then they're not locked out because they could do that.  What is wrong with people today?

What if the Giants have decided on taking a QB and the Browns refuse to move out of the #4 position and take Barkley. We’ve essentially been locked out of the process.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

He's not trading anymore. It's over. Did you read the article I linked? Again, it's right here.

Beane put this out there to get the fan base prepared. We're staying at 12.

It said he doesn't know if he'd move up.  Read more carefully.  Again the point is that your statement that they can't get to 2 is wrong.  They can, it's whether they'd use the capital they'd have to use

And again, I agree about Jackson

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Tbh we might have to pay more

What if the Giants have decided on taking a QB and the Browns refuse to move out of the #4 position and take Barkley. We’ve essentially been locked out of the process.

The Bills can only make the best offer they can.  If it is not taken it's not taken.  But to say they are definitely locked out is flat out wrong.

if Beane thinks a guy is another Brady he'll offer whatever he has to for a team to move, don't you think?  I don't think he thinks there is, but that's immaterial 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It said he doesn't know if he'd move up.  Read more carefully.  Again the point is that your statement that they can't get to 2 is wrong.  They can, it's whether they'd use the capital they'd have to use

And again, I agree about Jackson

The Bills can only make the best offer they can.  If it is not taken it's not taken.  But to say they are definitely locked out is flat out wrong.

if Beane thinks a guy is another Brady he'll offer whatever he has to for a team to move, don't you think?  I don't think he thinks there is, but that's immaterial 

This is not an argument or negotiation. This is fact. Beane is staying pat at 12. This is not Madden 2018 where you can force trades. Beane used the "excited" for number 12 pick. I use the word "excited" if I knew that I cannot move up, too. It's done. For him to put that out there, that means a lot.