Browns are going QB with 1st pick

5 hours ago, JXCOL3 said:

There is no way the browns pass on Barkley with the first pick. They could still grab a QB at 4 or use a few of their picks to get to two and take Barkley and the QB of their choice.

Being the Browns, that will be their plan.   And on draft day, The Bills and some other team will move up to #2 and #3 and swipe the best QBs right out from under them.    

So Brownsie.... 

Edited by Lurker

7 hours ago, PIZ said:

Lots of "experts" are saying that the Browns have decided to go QB.  I want to get to 3 so we have a guarantee at either Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.  If we get to 4, there is always a chance teams could trade up to 2 and 3 and take a QB before Buffalo has a chance; its not likely, but there is always a chance.

I agree with this. There is only a top three. Josh Allen stinks. The other three all have a ton of potential. need to get to three to assure yourself one of them. Otherwise wait and pick Rudolph or Jackson.

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

Had they not signed Hyde I think the Browns would have taken Barkley #1 overall.  It's still a possibility but to me now it is less likely because they can still get a back like Juice in the 1st round.  I think the Browns where they are sitting now, will take Sam Darnold or Josh Allen #1 overall.  They will definitely entertain several offers for the #4 pick.  This is why the Bills IMO need to get to #3.  If the Bills get to #3 they can take their pick of Rosen or Mayfield or whoever is not selected by the Browns.  I don't want Allen, I've made that known lol.  But the Beane and McD will select the best guy that fits in with what they are building.  Denver or NYJ or Miami or Arizona will be selling their lives to Cleveland at the 4.  The Browns could sell 4 to either Denver or NYJ and still get Fitzpatrick at CB and pick up an extra 3rd round pick (the one the lost to us).

Right now if I had to predict the way the draft would go in the first 4 picks I'd say:

1.  Browns - Darnold

2.  Giants - Barkley

3.  Trade Alert

4.  Trade Alert

The tricky part is figuring out 3 and 4.  

It is going to be tricky. Do we trade with the Colts ahead of the draft and risk the Giants taking Rosen? I imagine the Giants aren't hot on a trade if they think they can get Barkley. What if we trade to 3 and someone gives the Giants a king's ransom and hops ahead? I think or FO only has eyes for Rosen or Darnold.

8 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

They just signed Carlos Hyde.....did you read that?  Please explain why the Browns would sign a starting RB in free agency then spend the first overall pick at RB?  

Thanks you. If they take him at 1 they are the same ol Browns

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Browns are taking Barkley and he should be the 1st player taken in this draft. He reminds me of Bettis but way faster and more agile, I don't think you can pass on a guy like that.

I agree with you best player in the draft and would like the ball in his hands as much as possible, why sign a 5 million dollar backup RB then. I just don't think they would draft him #1. They should've not signed Hyde and drafted Barkly that would've made sense

With the announcement that Tyrod is the QB for 2018 and no competition by Hue Jackson I'm thinking the Qb they are after is.............Josh Allen.......because Rosen starts Day 1,  Mayfield will see the field early ,Darnold need a half a season perhaps. Very definitive statement by Hue Jackson.

2 hours ago, stony said:

Yup, read the same stuff.  I've got some oregano to sell you, too.  :rolleyes:

so ... you ask when they hinted that they'd be willing to trade out of the first spot, I answer, and you have this sarcastic response.

Look, the GM said - with a smile on his face - that he was open for business. This was after he already made one stupid trade. Either don't ask the question in the first place or leave out the stupid response. 

1 hour ago, Wsam4031 said:

I agree with you best player in the draft and would like the ball in his hands as much as possible, why sign a 5 million dollar backup RB then. I just don't think they would draft him #1. They should've not signed Hyde and drafted Barkly that would've made sense

They might be going the way of the Saints and want 2 Great RB's to carry the offense. Carlos Hyde is the type of RB I want sharing the load, I don't think he can carry it by himself. He has been injured a lot and hasn't even rushed for 1,000 yards. For me the signing of Hyde has no effect on what Cleveland does in the draft, he is just a solid RB that Cleveland over paid for.

2 hours ago, horned dogs said:

With the announcement that Tyrod is the QB for 2018 and no competition by Hue Jackson I'm thinking the Qb they are after is.............Josh Allen.......because Rosen starts Day 1,  Mayfield will see the field early ,Darnold need a half a season perhaps. Very definitive statement by Hue Jackson.

Speculation is fun as long as you recognize it's practical limits. So :

• The signing of Hyde means nothing about the Browns' intentions. Not even close to meaningful.
  • Announcing Taylor starts means nothing. Jackson thinks he made a mistake starting Kizer and doesn't want to repeat it.
  • Depending on how the Browns rate quarterback prospects, waiting to pick four is either safe / shrewd or criminal malpractice, and no one knows how the Browns rate quarterback prospects.
  • The Browns will either draft a QB at 1 or 4, though you can imagine fancy scenarios where they trade for 2 or 3.
  • I'm not sure why people are convinced the Giants won't draft a QB at 2. Because they have Eli? Because they've hinted they won't? Teams feel obligated to lie about their draft aims. I think it's considered poor form to be honest and upfront.
  • The Browns probably won't trade out of 4 even if they get their QB at 1. They have tons of picks and will be looking for quality over quantity.
  • That leaves the Colts. But there will be a lot of suitors.......

Edited by grb

54 minutes ago, grb said:

Speculation is fun as long as you recognize it's practical limits. So :

• The signing of Hyde means nothing about the Browns' intentions. Not even close to meaningful.
  • Announcing Taylor starts means nothing. Jackson thinks he made a mistake starting Kizer and doesn't want to repeated it.
  • Depending on how the Browns rate quarterback prospects, waiting to pick four is either safe / shrewd or criminal malpractice, and no one knows how the Browns rate quarterback prospects.
  • The Browns will either draft a QB at 1 or 4, though you can imagine fancy scenarios where they trade for 2 or 3.
  • I'm not sure why people are convinced the Giants won't draft a QB at 2. Because they have Eli? Because they've hinted they won't? Teams feel obligated to lie about their draft aims. I think it's considered poor form to be honest and upfront.
  • The Browns probably won't trade out of 4 even if they get their QB at 1. They have tons of picks and will be looking for quality over quantity.
  • That leaves the Colts. But there will be a lot of suitors.......

All viable scenarios. I do think Jackson's announcement does mean something as I said above.

• Like (+1) 1

Indy at 3 is the trade up. I think the Browns go Rosen and the Giants take Barkley. Indy trades down from 3 to a team that wants Mayfield. I think then at 4 the Browns trade down for a team looking at Allen or they take the best defensive player out on the market.