Browns are going QB with 1st pick

The Browns wouldn’t have signed Carlos Hyde if they were going to draft Barkley.  It makes no sense to have Barkley, Hyde, and Duke Johnson all on the roster.

This is great news for the Bills!

I think Beane wants to trade up, and he has the ammo, but they need to find a dance partner.  We need to get one of the first four picks because I think the Broncos and Jets are both going qb and and there is no guarantee our qb will be there after that. (I don’t think the Jets would deal with us anyways).

If the Browns take Barkley with the 1st pick, they will use the 4th pick to snag their qb, so picks 1 and 4 are gone.  Do the Giants pass on the best qb on their board with an aging Eli?  Dicey at best.  That leaves only one pick left to try and trade up for, the Colts at 3.

If the Browns take a qb with the 1st pick, I don’t think the Giants can pass on Barkley at 2.  That leaves the Colts at 3 again and the Browns at 4.  I think the Browns would be more likely to deal that pick with their qb already in the fold and Barkley gone.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

I think this actually only leaves Indy at 3 to trade with.  Browns take Darnold, Giants take Barkley, and then the Browns cannot pass up on Fitzpatrick or James at 4.  Only question is does Indy what Chubb that bad or are they willing to gather up more picks and speed up th3 building of their D.

Edited by Zebrastripes
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JXCOL3 said:

There is no way the browns pass on Barkley with the first pick. They could still grab a QB at 4 or use a few of their picks to get to two and take Barkley and the QB of their choice.

I agree - the Browns will take Barkley.  He's the best player in the draft and will make the offense better immediately.  With a #4 pick as well, the Browns still can take one of the top QBs.  I hope they take Allen because I don't want the Bills tempted to take that guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

I could see them taking Barkley. Hue will use TT correctly. With a running threat of Barkley, Hyde, and TT, Landry and Gordon are going to be running free. TT is far from a pocket guy and Hue can draw up a scheme that gets the most from him. Can't stack box. Can't drop back too far. Barkley #1 all day.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

I agree - the Browns will take Barkley.  He's the best player in the draft and will make the offense better immediately.  With a #4 pick as well, the Browns still can take one of the top QBs.  I hope they take Allen because I don't want the Bills tempted to take that guy.  

They just signed Carlos Hyde.....did you read that?  Please explain why the Browns would sign a starting RB in free agency then spend the first overall pick at RB?  

Lots of "experts" are saying that the Browns have decided to go QB.  I want to get to 3 so we have a guarantee at either Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.  If we get to 4, there is always a chance teams could trade up to 2 and 3 and take a QB before Buffalo has a chance; its not likely, but there is always a chance.

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Browns wouldn’t have signed Carlos Hyde if they were going to draft Barkley.  It makes no sense to have Barkley, Hyde, and Duke Johnson all on the roster.

This is great news for the Bills!

I think Beane wants to trade up, and he has the ammo, but they need to find a dance partner.  We need to get one of the first four picks because I think the Broncos and Jets are both going qb and and there is no guarantee our qb will be there after that. (I don’t think the Jets would deal with us anyways).

If the Browns take Barkley with the 1st pick, they will use the 4th pick to snag their qb, so picks 1 and 4 are gone.  Do the Giants pass on the best qb on their board with an aging Eli?  Dicey at best.  That leaves only one pick left to try and trade up for, the Colts at 3.

If the Browns take a qb with the 1st pick, I don’t think the Giants can pass on Barkley at 2.  That leaves the Colts at 3 again and the Browns at 4.  I think the Browns would be more likely to deal that pick with their qb already in the fold and Barkley gone.

Why not? Johnson is more of a receiver....Hyde has had some injury issues and Barkley is being touted as a superstar player

5 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

They just signed Carlos Hyde.....did you read that?  Please explain why the Browns would sign a starting RB in free agency then spend the first overall pick at RB?  

Look at all of the organizations with a winning run game. They have multiple backs that all have different styles. New Orleans, Philly, New England. The change of pace back is a formula that's working

Edited by JXCOL3

The Browns have a lot of cap space but they have a lot of holes to fill too. Barkley can do it all, run, pass protect, and catch passes.  The only time he’s coming off the field is for a quick breather now and then.  I just don’t think they need Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde to split the handful of snaps a game he’s not on the field.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

They absolutely could, should, and most likely will take Barkley at #1.

Hyde has never hit 1k yards, but he's a solid back who can easily split carries with Barkley for a couple of years, so they don't burn out Barkley.

Saints crushed it with two good RBS this past year, no reason the Browns won't try the same.

26 minutes ago, JXCOL3 said:

There is no way the browns pass on Barkley with the first pick. They could still grab a QB at 4 or use a few of their picks to get to two and take Barkley and the QB of their choice.

I think any writer who wrote that they will take Barkely at #1 is VERY wrong.

It will be interesting to see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sure the Brown are considering Barkley.  But when all is said and done, they will almost certainly take a Quarterback.

That franchise has suffered too long without a decent QB to just take what is "leftover" at the #4 pick.

It's very possible that both New York and Indy trade out.  That means they could end up with their 3rd choice.

Unless scouts like 3 guys equally (which is very rare), I have a feeling they will start leaning in that direction.

7 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

You do realize they also traded us for TT right? Why would the Browns trade for a starting QB and then use the first pick on QB? I think you just said the same thing about the RB position.

TT is starting at QB and they want to draft a QB to be groomed behind him (most likely with the 4th pick). Barkley inserted into that roster with TT and their WR's allow them to compete now. My money is Barkley is going one to them. Hue is going to want to run the ball and having Hyde and Barkley allows him to do that.

Browns can compete now and still build for the future.

I agree having two solid RBs is important in today’s game. The Browns now have three. With backfields it’s usually a Thunder and Lightning arrangement.  Hyde is Thunder and Duke Johnson is Lightning.  Barkley is an electrical storm all by himself.  It just seems redundant to have a third back when they have so many other holes to fill on their 0-16 roster.

23 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Why would they trade for a starting QB and then draft one first overall?