Trade up scenario - I doubt Cleveland at #4 is an option

Let me start by saying that I expect, like many other fans, that Buffalo is looking to jump into the top 5 to draft their future QB.  Aj Mccarron signing doesn't change any of that line of thinking.

That said, many media heads and some fans, have predicted Buffalo and Cleveland striking a deal for the 4th pick...i just don't see that happening, and here's why:

1. Cleveland is already loaded with picks in this year's draft, and it's a quite possible they'd rather have our 1st round pick next year (instead of multiple 2nd or 3rd rounders from us this year)....i can't see Beane giving that up

2. Browns know that beating Pittsburgh starts with slowing down their padding attack.  I see them taking a QB at #1, then drafting the best CB at #4

I'm predicting the Colts to be our trade partner....Darnold goes #1, Barkley to the Gmen at #2, and for us to take Josh Rosen at #3

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Not that I disagree, but elaborate?

JMO, but if you are going to trade up that high, you better get Rosen (my choice) or Darnold. The only way to ensure you get one of them is to move to at least #2. People can talk about Barkley all they want, but there are other teams interested in getting 1 of those 2 QBs. If you don’t make that move, someone else will.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Not that I disagree, but elaborate?

You said it yourself.............gotta' get to AT LEAST 3..........too many teams can jump ahead of you at 4.   

People act like the Bills are the only ones that can trade a player off of their roster to move up in the draft........what if the Colts want Shaq Barrett from Denver and they use him to trade up ahead of the Bills?  

Bills need to leave no room to get jumped by NYJ or Denver or even Miami or Arizona.

I want to get to #2 in case NYG have second thoughts and decide to draft the heir to Eli.

Personally, I want Darnold so hoping that Dorsey stays in character and drafts the biggest arm in Josh Allen the way he did last year with Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

You said it yourself.............gotta' get to AT LEAST 3..........too many teams can jump ahead of you at 4.   

People act like the Bills are the only ones that can trade a player off of their roster to move up in the draft........what if the Colts want Shaq Barrett from Denver and they use him to trade up ahead of the Bills?  

Bills need to leave no room to get jumped by NYJ or Denver or even Miami or Arizona.

I want to get to #2 in case NYG have second thoughts and decide to draft the heir to Eli.

Personally, I want Darnold so hoping that Dorsey stays in character and drafts the biggest arm in Josh Allen the way he did last year with Mahomes.

See my post above, we can disagree but I can't see the Giants passing up on Barkley....and think they are a couple years away from moving on from Eli

If the Browns  take Barkley  at 1 then I can see the Giants pick in play. Otherwise  no way the Giants pass on Barkley .  

The Colts pick is the most logical scenario. They can trade back and accumulate  those picks they need

Edited by DJB

17 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Let me start by saying that I expect, like many other fans, that Buffalo is looking to jump into the top 5 to draft their future QB.  Aj Mccarron signing doesn't change any of that line of thinking.

That said, many media heads and some fans, have predicted Buffalo and Cleveland striking a deal for the 4th pick...i just don't see that happening, and here's why:

1. Cleveland is already loaded with picks in this year's draft, and it's a quite possible they'd rather have our 1st round pick next year (instead of multiple 2nd or 3rd rounders from us this year)....i can't see Beane giving that up

2. Browns know that beating Pittsburgh starts with slowing down their padding attack.  I see them taking a QB at #1, then drafting the best CB at #4

I'm predicting the Colts to be our trade partner....Darnold goes #1, Barkley to the Gmen at #2, and for us to take Josh Rosen at #3

Personally, I agree with the original premise, but for different reasons. In a draft where 5-6 QBs could go in the first round, and no agreement on who is the best, or what order, I honestly can't see the browns passing on Saquon #1, then taking the third QB in the draft at 4, if not higher. With good WRs  (finally), plus a bridge QB, AND Saquon taking the pressure off everyone else in the offense, its a MUCH better situation for them to be in than if they took a QB at 1, then if they had to hope Saquon fell to them at 4, or a lesser but still good player. If they did anything else, they're essentially committing themselves to further futility. 

I would have generally agreed - I couldn't see the connection why Cleveland would want to trade down.

The retirement of Thomas changes that in a hurry. There is really only one OT in this draft, and it's McGlinchey and 12 is the perfect place to get that OT. 

23 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

That's a fair comment, I just don't see the Gmen passing up on Barkley, no matter the trade compensation...i think he's the next Leveon Bell

Well, I’m not the Giants, but I would much rather have a potentially phenom of a QB than Bell or the next Bell, and it’s not even close. I think the Browns and the Giants are idiots if they don’t go Darnold-Rosen or Rosen-Darnold at #1-#2... but I sure do hope they don’t. Indy at #3 is the lowest I would trade up to, but that would be a lot of ammo to give up for Mayfield if the other 2 are gone. Decisions, decisions. :lol:

Edited by Rico

Because all four of the top QB prospects are a bit different from one another, I am sure Bills have their particular chosen one.  If Browns take Barkley and the Giants don't feel they want to take a QB this year, they may be open to trade pick.  If Bills have a deal with Colts for third pick, they could lose the QB they want as the jets or Broncos go all in and trade into the second spot.  If I were the Bills, I would not want to take a chance that the QB I want is taken because I didn't get to the second spot.  Of course they might get lucky and still get the QB they want, but would you really want to take that chance?

If the Browns take Barkely #1, my suggestion would be that they immediately execute Dorsey and bring back Sashi Brown before they get to their #4 overall pick.

They will take their QB at #1.

That is why I think we will trade up to 2 with the Giants if our guy is still there, unless Gettleman tips us off who he will take.

If that happens I could see us trying to get into the #3 spot.

Thats just how I see it.

• Like (+1) 2

Giants are the key. Assuming QB is off their board, which I believe is safe to say since it appears they are looking to win quickly Barkely is an obvious choice, but Gettlemen loves linemen and views high picks to be able to select a future hall of famer - which points to Quenten Nelson IMO. In order for us to got to 2 - I think we need to make one more move.

That points us to picks:

3 Colts

4 Browns

5 Denver

6 Jets

7 TB

IMO 7 is the bare minimum we need to get to for #2. #3 makes it very easy for us to swap with NYG just like Chi did last year for Mitchell...

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Giants are the key. Assuming QB is off their board, which I believe is safe to say since it appears they are looking to win quickly Barkely is an obvious choice, but Gettlemen loves linemen and views high picks to be able to select a future hall of famer - which points to Quenten Nelson IMO. In order for us to got to 2 - I think we need to make one more move.

That points us to picks:

3 Colts

4 Browns

5 Denver

6 Jets

7 TB

IMO 7 is the bare minimum we need to get to for #2. #3 makes it very easy for us to swap with NYG just like Chi did last year for Mitchell...

I think you're right. I think a very attractive offer could be made by the Jets relative to Bills at the moment. Jets give 6, 37, and 49 for #2. The Bills would be hard pressed to beat that starting at 12.

Bills will trade up to Browns or higher.  Browns are a great bargaining point.  Pick 1 and 4 are slotted.  They are playing moneyball.  I doubt they want to pay two top 4 picks $  guaranteed over next 4 years . Trading down from 4 gives them much more value