Flutie To Be Released!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to his return to the CFL.  He could tear it up against undisciplined, attacking defenses in the NFL, but Belichick's Jets defense exposed him.  Since then, the only hurdle to stuffing Flutie has been the oppositions willingness to play a conservative style of defense and make Flutie chuck from the pocket.  Can't do that in the CFL, the field is too big and the receivers roam free.  He's a jerk, but he's fun to watch when he can play his game and I hope to see him back running around and making plays again.

271552[/snapback]

uhmjmm. Badol..I am a Flutie fan......but the guy is ancient.He was even noticably slipping before he left Buffalo. He was of course a HUGE improvement over Rob Johnson--who became a millionaire because of the large amount of gay GMs in the NFL>

And you know better because you live in Alaska yet you are "inside the dressing room"?

The proof is the proof, so when you have good proof, IT IS PROVEN !!!

Show us BETTER REAL PROOF, when you manage to pull your head out of the sand !!...make that SNOW BANK !!!...or is it numb from the  cold?? :P  :P  ;)

273243[/snapback]

Your attempt at a written slam is almost as unsophisticated as your obsession as a Flutopian. Did your kid help you with it?

At the end of the day, there are two sides to every story. And people wonder why the network news still manage to get ratings. Your moniker is more than a little ironic. 0:)

Flutie seems to be a man who goes out of his way for public appearances, not leaving until everyone in line gets their autograph, probably with the false hope that he'll be left alone when he's just trying to live his life (go to the store, movies, Darien Lake).  Most negative stories I've heard from people about "meeting Flutie" have come when he was just out and about trying to be an anonymous member of the crowd.  So both your stories could be true....

272316[/snapback]

Or we could both be good liars. ;)

;)

Well, here is what Tom Donahoe thinks about Flutie as a "mentor" and team player from his recent Q&A:

John Mulkern (Blasdell, NY): Now that Doug Flutie has been released by the San Diego Chargers, and given the strikingly similarities that J.P. Losman shares with Doug Flutie, also the positive benefits the Bills will redeem by having Flutie on the roster (leadership, ticket sales, etc) would it not make sense to have Doug mentor the young J.P. Losman? Everyone I have asked agrees. How about you?

TD: Doug Flutie provided some exciting moments in our franchise history that our fans will always remember and we have great admiration for him and his career, but we have never seen him as a mentor. Currently, J.P. has two very good mentors in coach Sam Wyche and Kelly Holcomb.

Patriots | Possible Interest in Flutie - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:02:38 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New England Patriots could show an interest in free agent QB Doug Flutie (Chargers).

Patriots | Possible Interest in Flutie - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:02:38 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New England Patriots could show an interest in free agent QB Doug Flutie (Chargers).

280417[/snapback]

It will really suck getting beat twice a year by his team, even if he is only the new midget towel boy.

It will really suck getting beat twice a year by his team, even if he is only the new midget towel boy.

280420[/snapback]

he's just the kind of cancer they need to bring down their empire of luck

That's just a stupid report from ESPN. Must be a slow news day. Really, they can say any team MAY have an interest in ANYBODY. How is this even news? Flutie is 67 and still under four feet tall. Why doesn't he just retire already?

Or Flutie could land just a little way up the QEW for all his fans in Buffalo.....

CFL | A Return of Flutie? - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:48:34 -0800

ESPN.com reports the CFL Hamilton Tiger-Cats are interested in free agent QB Doug Flutie (Chargers). Flutie, 42, had an eight-year stint in the CFL, winning the league's outstanding player award six times.

When Flutie was with the Bills, whenever Flutie-haters called Flutie a "cancer in the locker room", Flutie-backers always refuted it. But Flutie-haters insisted that they would hold to their opinion until someone from INSIDE the locker room refuted it.

Despite the fact that, on previous occasions, Steve Christie, Eric Moulds, Ruben Brown, etc., have publicly refuted the "cancer in the locker room" tag, Flutie-haters still insist upon it.

Now with even more proof of Flutie's team value, as per A.J. Smith's quotes, the Flutie-haters still insist on spewing their venom.

It's time to give credit where credit is due!

Flutie was one of the most exciting players to ever wear a Bills uniform. :w00t:

When Flutie was with the Bills, whenever Flutie-haters called Flutie a "cancer in the locker room", Flutie-backers always refuted it. But Flutie-haters insisted that they would hold to their opinion until someone from INSIDE the locker room refuted it.

Despite the fact that, on previous occasions,  Steve Christie, Eric Moulds, Ruben Brown, etc., have publicly refuted the "cancer in the locker room" tag, Flutie-haters still insist upon it.

Now with even more proof of Flutie's team value, as per A.J. Smith's quotes, the Flutie-haters still insist on spewing their venom.

It's time to give credit where credit is due!

Flutie was one of the most exciting players to ever wear a Bills uniform. :w00t:

280757[/snapback]

Exciting yes, but I still hate him, maybe I should rebuild the Flutie Haters website. Need I remind people of the Bucky Gleason article about Doug Flutie?

Exciting yes, but I still hate him, maybe I should rebuild the Flutie Haters website. Need I remind people of the Bucky Gleason article about Doug Flutie?

280803[/snapback]

Everyone knows that Bucky Gleason has no credibility among members of the Buffalo media themselves. I often hear them publicly denounce him. Obviously Rob Johnson promised Bucky a chance to soak with him in his hot tub, to write that puke! :w00t:

I will rely on A.J. Smith's assessment as far more credible than Bucky Gleason's. :w00t:

It would just be soooo wrong if both RJ and Flutie ended up with Super Bowl rings....

280565[/snapback]

LMFAO! Where ya been? Pats won't be going to anymore SB for quite sometime now.

Only RJ will end up a champ.

Did Flutie ruin the Chargers locker room? Answer is NO!

Why? Because he knew his role,backup QB.

If I'm not forgetting the Bills were at home watching the Chargers in the playoofs.

If Flutie does go to NE it will be no issue because he knows that he's the backup qb and besides the Pats lockerroom is well established. If the Pats can handle a Corey Dillon the mother of all lockerroom cancers than I think they'll handle little Dougie who just wants to finally win a Super Bowl with his hometown team.

The problem alot of Bills fans have is that everyone outside of Buffalo knew RJ wasn't the answer either but Bills fans for whatever reason were under the dillusion the RJ was the second coming of JK.

Flutie had every right to be pissed that a largely unproven QB was given his spot after leading his team to a playoff spot and lied to about it too.