FA WR Prices

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I like any of the Arizona Cardinals free agents. John Brown has upside. I think he'll be cheaper than someone like Richardson. 

I agree he will but that guy is never on the field. Hes always injured. no thanks

1 minute ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

If we're trading both our first round picks to move up, how the hell are we gonna land one of these guys?

there was a thread saying Chark may be a second rounder, no? Ridley, I agree will definitely go round 1. So Ridley is an option only if we swing a trade for Foles and do not move up.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Benjamin won't get anywhere near what Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson got, signing him long term won't be a problem, I think.

why sign him long term now. Dodgy knees and all that - pls wait to re-up him.

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

why sign him long term now. Dodgy knees and all that - pls wait to re-up him.

Well, it depends on what our doctors think. If he passes a physical and there are no serious concerns, why not? His value is lower right now and I think he would come at a reasonable price because like McDermott and Beane he is a Carolina guy. I think he'll get 10 million a year, I think he would be worth it at that rate. If he asks for more, I'd let him play the season out and if he has a killer year, franchise him and work out a deal.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, it depends on what our doctors think. If he passes a physical and there are no serious concerns, why not? His value is lower right now and I think he would come at a reasonable price because like McDermott and Beane he is a Carolina guy. I think he'll get 10 million a year, I think he would be worth it at that rate. If he asks for more, I'd let him play the season out and if he has a killer year, franchise him and work out a deal.

I dont think that is a bad strategy .. but we do have nice cap room in 2019 - so I dont mind having him play 2019 on a franchise tag. Are there any other franchise candidates we have that make it unlikely we use it on Benjamin?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I dont think that is a bad strategy .. but we do have nice cap room in 2019 - so I dont mind having him play 2019 on a franchise tag. Are there any other franchise candidates we have that make it unlikely we use it on Benjamin?

There is nobody at all, at least not to my knowledge.

26 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'd rather draft one  that overpay for a WR given Benjamin's looming extension.

Would let Mathews walk this year and Benjamin walk next year, scoop up comp picks and move up in the draft after the QB position is fixed. 

No reason to throw money at the WR unless you can get an elite Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, or Julio Jones level-talent. Which we do not have access to.

Would target Chark in Round 2 or first pick in Round 3. 

I'll say it again.

Re-visit trading for Martavis Bryant.

$14M per year talent but will always get tamped down because of his suspension issues............worth swapping the Bills 96th for...........chances of getting any more than a JAG at that pick are low anyway.

Don't let the new QB come in with this WR corps.

With KB back and *hopefully* healthy it's a better situation than last year...........but still far too little.    

Rookie crop doesn't have the look of immediate impact........for perspective.......Zay Jones might have gone HIGHER in this crop than last years.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'd rather draft one  that overpay for a WR given Benjamin's looming extension.

Generally agree but this year's draft is kinda weak. I like Simmie Cobbs as a later round pick but he won't be ready to step I need right away.

i probably am in the minority but I'd rather have Sammy than a late 2nd and Benjamin.  I don't trust Benjamin at all.  I'm so happy we are going for a young qb but there isn't a ton to work with. 

2 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

Paul Richardson would be a nice addition. Hopefully he  can sign for  less than 7.5 mill

He's getting more than 7.5