Sammy Watwins to KC on a 3 Year Deal

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I can't comment on what you've watched; only what is documented for all to see.

The NextGenStats do not support your opinion on Goff and the deep ball.  He also throws into tight coverage less than all but 4 other qualifying QBs (out of 41)

9 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol the classic Sammy excuse line.

And cause all contracts are good right?. Osweiler got close to 20, he definitely deserved that.

K, you win Cooper Kupps payday is coming right up.     

Rams offense is gonna be just as good this year ?. 

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

What? A first year QB to a journeyman WR?

Yes, a first year (actually 2nd with a huge arm) and a journeman (24 years old) WR.  Yes.

I don't want either player, especially Sammy at 16 million per.

Do any of you still just plain like football, other than what the Bills are doing?  

I have no problems getting enjoyment out of watching Mahommes throw to Sammy in games that don't involve the Bills. 

4 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

What? A first year QB to a journeyman WR?

Journeyman WR who is 24 years old and yet just got paid $16M per year?

Geezus the nonsense of our fan base somehow always still shocks me.  Sammy is a legit #1 WR, the NFL knows it, DC's know it when they doubled Sammy every game and put their best corners on him all season this year, and depth charts always know it.

Butt hurt Bills fans who didn't like the trade up now GROSSLY over exaggerate him to make them feel right about not liking the trade up.  But I assure you, the rest of the NFL does NOT agree with you.  Just like people here said NO ONE would trade for Tyrod, yet multiple teams were interested.  They said NO ONE would give more than a 7th rounder, yet they got a premium draft pick.  

The absurdity that people here go to try and falsely prove their never ending negativity gets old.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yes, a first year (actually 2nd with a huge arm) and a journeman (24 years old) WR.  Yes.

I don't want either player, especially Sammy at 16 million per.

Do any of you still just plain like football, other than what the Bills are doing?  

I have no problems getting enjoyment out of watching Mahommes throw to Sammy in games that don't involve the Bills. 

Have at it. Just making an observation.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

It was probably pretty accurate.

For example....

If Watkins has under 1200 yards and 10 TDS, will you admit that you were wrong about him?

I'm not wrong about Watkins. On this board he's an underrated player. NFL types think more highly of what he brings to an offense and what he is capable of than many pundits here. Saying that those who think more highly of the player will credit him as the reason for Kelce at al producing at the EXACT SAME level they have in the past is patently ridiculous and hyperbole at its finest. Numbers don't always tell the entire story. Watkins was woefully underutilized during the majority if his time in Buffalo. Health issues aside. 

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

Have at it. Just making an observation.

IB, we are going to hit the jack.  freaking. pot this year!

EDIT:  franchise QB, FA, a full laod of picks in this year's draft and 70 or so million, when everything is said and done, for next year.

Great time to be a Bills fan.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Journeyman WR who is 24 years old and yet just got paid $16M per year?

Geezus the nonsense of our fan base somehow always still shocks me.  Sammy is a legit #1 WR, the NFL knows it, DC's know it when they doubled Sammy every game and put their best corners on him all season this year, and depth charts always know it.

Butt hurt Bills fans who didn't like the trade up now GROSSLY over exaggerate him to make them feel right about not liking the trade up.  But I assure you, the rest of the NFL does NOT agree with you.  Just like people here said NO ONE would trade for Tyrod, yet multiple teams were interested.  They said NO ONE would give more than a 7th rounder, yet they got a premium draft pick.  

The absurdity that people here go to try and falsely prove their never ending negativity gets old.  

A journeyman as in - well traveled.

Oh don't be so butt hurt. So sensitive.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol the classic Sammy excuse line.

And cause all contracts are good right?. Osweiler got close to 20, he definitely deserved that.

Thats not a fair comparison, teams ALWAYS over pay for QB's, especially ones who have proven nothing.  And if they had a little success, they get top in the NFL type deals like Kap and Tannehill's terrible contracts.  You just cant compare a QB deal to a WR deal, teams don't usually over pay out of desperation for a WR.  

And the Chiefs are not desperate, they have Hill, Hunt, and Kelce on that squad already.  They paid Sammy because they believe him to be the legit #1 they wanted for Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

It's just that it is the second time it has happened in this thread, and a few months ago I got labeled in a thread for pages as a result of a post wherein I never said a bad word about the Bills.

:P 

4 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Lol, I am not the one who is butt hurt...fans here still whining over the trade up 4 years ago are the butt hurt ones who cant let it go.  Just like Whitner...he was always a better player than he got credit for, but all we heard was ridiculous whining his whole career, even when he wasn't a Bill anymore all because the Bills took him over Ngata (which was a stupid move by the Bills for sure, but not Whitners fault).  

The whining over spilt milk gets old...Sammy is legit, and if you weren't so butt hurt you would know it.  And if he wasn't then you would be coaching the Chiefs instead of Andy Reid.

Edited by Alphadawg7

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha, so true!  Its amazing how many people here undervalue players who play here or used to play here.  Sammy is a legit #1 and good for him, I hope he kills it in KC.  Very good situation for him in terms of his role there, just dont know about the dude slinging the rock yet in Mahomes.  But KC setting the kid up with weapons to succeed, thats for sure.  Hes now got a legit #1 WR, an explosive Hill opposite Sammy, top TE, and sick young stud RB.  

Jeffismagic just creamed his panties somewhere right now.

Jeffismagic has publicly disclaimed the rumor that he wears panties. He insists that he is a bare back rider who doesn't wear underwear because he finds it too restrictive. There is an explanation as to why he frequently uses the idiom of the "low hanging fruit". Hint, he's not talking about fruit.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Really is a strange thing to argue about considering Watkins has been a complete enigma for his career.  He's both extremely talented and extremely overhyped.  I could absolutely see him being overshadowed in KC by all of the other options after last year and would not assume an instant Mahomes/Watkins connection.  Watch Tyreek Hill go off next year now that he'll have the best decoy in football on the field with him.

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats not a fair comparison, teams ALWAYS over pay for QB's, especially ones who have proven nothing.  And if they had a little success, they get top in the NFL type deals like Kap and Tannehill's terrible contracts.  You just cant compare a QB deal to a WR deal, teams don't usually over pay out of desperation for a WR.  

And the Chiefs are not desperate, they have Hill, Hunt, and Kelce on that squad already.  They paid Sammy because they believe him to be the legit #1 they wanted for Mahomes.

I understand that.

My point was just because a team gives a player a big contract, doesn’t mean he is equal to that value 

38 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

K, you win Cooper Kupps payday is coming right up.     

Rams offense is gonna be just as good this year ?. 

Sammy going to come close to living up to his contract?

1200 yards, 10 TDS.

Over or under?

28 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not wrong about Watkins. On this board he's an underrated player. NFL types think more highly of what he brings to an offense and what he is capable of than many pundits here. Saying that those who think more highly of the player will credit him as the reason for Kelce at al producing at the EXACT SAME level they have in the past is patently ridiculous and hyperbole at its finest. Numbers don't always tell the entire story. Watkins was woefully underutilized during the majority if his time in Buffalo. Health issues aside. 

You’re not going to admit you’re wrong about Watkins if he posts another mediocre year?

I will admit I’m wrong if he rips it.

I just don’t want to hear excuses if he is average again.

He either produces or he doesn’t. It will be his 3rd team in 5 years. No more excuses if he doesn’t light it up is all I’m saying. ( not saying you in particular for excuses, just the Sammy fans in general)

51 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't know about what you believe is documented. I have see his arm strength that easily exceed that of Goff and Tyrod throws a better deep ball than Goff. 

I was referring to their stats.  Passes over 20 and 40 yards.

12 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I understand that.

My point was just because a team gives a player a big contract, doesn’t mean he is equal to that value 

Sammy going to come close to living up to his contract?

1200 yards, 10 TDS.

Over or under?

You’re not going to admit you’re wrong about Watkins if he posts another mediocre year?

I will admit I’m wrong if he rips it.

I just don’t want to hear excuses if he is average again.

He either produces or he doesn’t. It will be his 3rd team in 5 years. No more excuses if he doesn’t light it up is all I’m saying. ( not saying you in particular for excuses, just the Sammy fans in general)

I agree with you that contract doesn't dictate talent.  I was only pointing out, that teams dont normally overpay drastically above talent on anyone other than QB's because teams are usually more desperate there.  KC isnt desperate at having weapons, they gave him this contract because they believe he is worth it.

If he had signed with SF, I would take the over on 1200 yards and 10TDs as he would be the focal point there and I think he could eclipse 1400 yards with Jimmy G in SF personally.  In KC, they have a young QB and a stud dual threat RB, so I dont expect them to be as pass heavy as Jimmy G led Niners will be.  Plus they got great weapons with Kelce and Hill.  

So I think a more reasonable expectation for Sammy signing to be a big success this year (assuming Mahomes doesn't totally flop as a WR isnt going to have a good year if a QB cant get him the ball) is in the ball park of 75rec, 1100 yards and 6 to 8 TD's.  There is still only one football to go around all those playmakers with an unproven QB to get it to them all.

Kelce is a big Redzone threat and so is hunt both running and receiving.  Sammy is too, but he wont be the only focal point in the Redzone like he would be more in SF.  Plus Hill rips long TD's too, so I think his TD expectation will drop just because that offense has so many scoring threats.  And having Sammy will make the jobs of Kelce, Hunt, and Hill easier too because the D needs to account for everyone as they can all hurt you bad.  

KC should be fun to watch next year unless Mahomes blows.

Edited by Alphadawg7