Sal about FA QB's For Bill's - Hint ?

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Just was on wgr and said a group of five he believes the Bills are looking strongly at.

Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, McCarron, McCown.

And Matt Moore as a backup if none of those are available.

But it was his interesting comment to me about the free-agent quarterback being a starter for one or "two years". If that is indeed the case then I believe Josh Allen would be the quarterback they are interested in moving up for and then can sit for 2 years to develop behind one of the above starters.

moving up for josh allen....btw i haven't read both pages....but hell no!  we don't need a 3 yr. project with an 18 mil. dollar backup going 8-8 for the next 3 yrs.  it's gonna be rosen or mayfield or rudolph. unless we get foles or sign a.j., i don't think we sign a fa til after the draft.

we need to build a young contending team with a sprinkle of vet fa's, not go back to the orton ,tyrod mode.

4 hours ago, horned dogs said:

I don't think Sal knows he's just spitballing.

This is no disrespect to Sal - because I really like him and enjoy listening to his opinions - but I am sure that the OP is reading way too much into his comment. Sal does not know (nor does any other media personality) what the Bills intentions are....it is all speculation because they get paid to talk in theory. The strategy is akin to throwing out every possible/plausible scenario and when something actually plays out — its merely dumb luck rather than inside source.....well unless you’re Dunkirk Donny.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

This is no disrespect to Sal - because I really like him and enjoy listening to his opinions - but I am sure that the OP is reading way too much into his comment. Sal does not know (nor does any other media personality) what the Bills intentions are....it is all speculation because they get paid to talk in theory. The strategy is akin to throwing out every possible/plausible scenario and when something actually plays out — its merely dumb luck rather than inside source.....well unless you’re Dunkirk Donny.

I think Sal knows absolutely.   He’s got a neat little track record, too...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Just was on wgr and said a group of five he believes the Bills are looking strongly at.

But it was his interesting comment to me about the free-agent quarterback being a starter for one or "two years". If that is indeed the case then I believe Josh Allen would be the quarterback they are interested in moving up for and then can sit for 2 years to develop behind one of the above starters.

That Sal man....he really narrows things down for us so we can save time..........

5 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

If Sal knew who they wanted, he'd say it, he gets paid to discover this stuff. He's not going to throw out clues. It's his best guess based what limited info he's got. 

Even if he knows they want someone to start for a year or two (which in my mind is just speculation like we've all been assuming), it doesn't necessarily mean Allen is the target. They could want a veteran option for any of these QB's so they don't have to throw him in if he's not ready. 

6 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Sit at 12 and take Lamar Jackson- he is alot better than people think.

He might be. He does have accuracy/footwork issues, but posesses everything else in spades. He sees the field well, has crazy speed and arm strength and good awareness in the pocket. If his innacuracy were above avg, he'd be excellent. I'm just worried about his arm. Can it be fixed or will be another EJ Manuel?

7 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Why doesn't he name the rest of the FA QB's while he is at it lol