12 + 22 = what pick?

NewEra

1 minute ago, simool said:

I too think they have been aiming for the Giants.  What absolutely blows my mind is that I truly believe Cleveland is going to take Barkley #1.

They can take whatever QB they want, it is not an easy decision by any stretch. All four have their own issues. Rosen and Mayfield seem like the surest bets, but Mayfield has baggage and Rosen is damaged goods. Allen and Darnold have got upside, but damn... Tough, tough, call.  After what Beane has done so far I have confidence they will get the right one, and if they do; Pegula better lock Beane up for the next decade.

Go Bills.

My crazy hunch is that Cleveland likes Allen. He's definitely the most talented of them all, and to be fair he has performed great since the postseason showcases began. I don't think it's a bad move. I don't put a whole lot of stock in completion rates at low-talent schools like Wyoming. 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I still think we’re not safe at 4 , the Jets could leap to 2nd or 3rd  , 

i think to get our guy will have to move to 2nd 

Yeah, that’s my thought too.  The 4 pick is in play if we view 4 guys as being our future.  That’s really the key to which pick “high enough”. How many QBs do we love?  I could completely see the losers of the Cousins sweepstakes going all in to get ahead of the Bills to get their guy.  Ugh.  Let the game tape begin.

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I guarantee you we'll do a trade up again with the Browns for 4. It will cost 12+21. They have TT now and who better to groom Lamar Jackson @ 12.  The problem is who will be there left @4 between Darnold,  Rosen & Mayfield?

Or will any of them be there at all?

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or they could trade down and pick up the entire 4th round...

Seems risky still. Could we get the entire 6+7th instead? I've read somewhere that a viable QB can be picked up in the 6th.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Agreed. It has to be the Giants. 

Agree. I think the only question remains...when does it happen? Far in advance or draft night?

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

I still think we’re not safe at 4 , the Jets could leap to 2nd or 3rd  , 

i think to get our guy will have to move to 2nd 

absolutely. the Jets loom large in this and desperately want a qb too.

The problem is that the Jets are in about as good shape as the Bills - they have draft pick numbers 6, 37, 49, and 72 and 107. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

absolutely. the Jets loom large in this and desperately want a qb too.

The problem is that the Jets are in about as good shape as the Bills - they have draft pick numbers 6, 37, 49, and 72 and 107. 

yes 6 37 and 49 will get them to #2

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think the Giants are the target. They can't afford to take chances if they've identified the QB they want. 

Agreed. The real tricky business is if you are Beane, McDermott and the scouts, and your rating on the top two guys, let's just say Rosen and Darnold, are very close, which is a very real possibility. It would almost be surprising if all three between Beane, McD, and the scouting staff all liked the same guy as #1. Then you might be happy with either of the first two and not have to give up that valuable extra pick or player to get up to 2 versus 3 or 4.

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How high will those 2 picks get us in the draft?  We’re still behind the dolphins (who are rumored to love Baker Mayfield). Will Josh Allen fall?  Is Lamer Jackson really an option?  

12+22 + what gets us top 3?  Which QB are we in love with?  Or do we love more than one.

It may be likely but why is it a given that this move is to get in better position to trade up again for a top QB?   12 is exactly where Georgia Middle Linebacker Roquan Smith is supposed to go and the Bengals were a  common spot he was mocked to.  We have a defensive coach and MLB is the biggest need behind QB.   Smith is also a leader and fits the McDermott player profile.  

I know we all want a QB but just saying

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

My crazy hunch is that Cleveland likes Allen. He's definitely the most talented of them all, and to be fair he has performed great since the postseason showcases began. I don't think it's a bad move. I don't put a whole lot of stock in completion rates at low-talent schools like Wyoming. 

I don't think that is crazy at all Dave.  Dorsey likes strong armed QB's. After Dorsey stopped playing for the Packers and went to their front office, his first year Wolf trades for Favre. Look at what he did last season. I could easily see them taking Allen. But Mayfield fits that mold too.   Velocity is almost the same.  I could see them deciding that both Mayfield and Allen wont be drafted in the top 3.

Edited by simool
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Agreed. The real tricky business is if you are Beane, McDermott and the scouts, and your rating on the top two guys, let's just say Rosen and Darnold, are very close, which is a very real possibility. It would almost be surprising if all three between Beane, McD, and the scouting staff all liked the same guy as #1. Then you might be happy with either of the first two and not have to give up that valuable extra pick or player to get up to 2 versus 3 or 4.

But those two may be gone in the first two picks. The Jets are the threat. 

1 minute ago, buffalostu2 said:

It may be likely but why is it a given that this move is to get in better position to trade up again for a top QB?   12 is exactly where Georgia Middle Linebacker Roquan Smith is supposed to go and the Bengals were a  common spot he was mocked to.  We have a defensive coach and MLB is the biggest need behind QB.   Smith is also a leader and fits the McDermott player profile.  

I know we all want a QB but just saying

i like ur point but u dont go after this much draft capitol do draft a lb...u do it to get a qb

12 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Almost ANY player could bust. 

Allen does have all of the raw physics tools to succeed though. (size, big arm, mobile, etc)

I understand that, but when has the last time a raw project QB has worked out in the NFL? 

I feel like I would be reliving EJ all over again.. 

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

According to the Rich Hill chart it gets us between picks 2 & 3. I wouldn’t be surprised if we were on the phone now with the Colts, Browns & Giants offering those 2 picks. See if one bites.

would be surprised if those phone calls didn't already take place (before we traded TT)

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dave mcbride said:

But those two may be gone in the first two picks. The Jets are the threat. 

True. There are a lot of variables. I predict there will be a lot of wheeling and dealing right when the draft starts rather than someone moving up to 1 or 2 in the days leading up to it. But you never know.