Reading b/w the lines...

54 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I haven't seen any lines to read through. Just smoke so far. 

McD is the king of coachspeak. He never shows his hand. 

...still wondering what the McBeane/McD/McDaboll definition of a "franchise QB" is versus the 34,867 TBD suppositions posted here......."clarification" may reduce the "moving up.....moving down.....staying put" ..prognostications to a manageable level below 98,484 so far.....

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Me too.  All I have seen is pretty much endless speculation coupled with unnamed sources.  Gathering more picks could mean attempting to draft more players as well as a lead in to moving up.  Those same picks could be used in a trade for a player or players.

We're not going to see any movement on those picks until draft day. 

The popular narrative is that we are moving way up for a QB.

It is still a BIG leap to go from the 20s to the top 5. 

Let the rampant speculation continue! 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If they believe one of these guys is a franchise type, do it.  If not, don't.

Not one of these guys is without significant flaws.

Dude every kid drafted in any position  comes with some kind of insecurities. SMH at how some posters wanting to continue to fill this roster the Whaley way while not going all in on a QB first and this is a very good QB class, SMH.

When will some poster realize this is a QB driven league. I am so sick of the posters crying about this team needing so many positions but is ok to use some scrub QB in the most important position.

A franchise worthy QB will not fall from the sky you need to either spend to go draft one or stink up the league to get to the top of the draft or you will never have one.

22 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Strikes me as odd when people keep mentioning these big-name quarterbacks and no one mentioned Brees.  

I think his name belongs in the mix guys

I think everyone understands there is no chance he is coming here. Highly doubt he goes anywhere, he might be taking offers as leverage but would be shocked if he moved.

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's true.   He could.   And I expect he will if there's a QB he's absolutely in love with.   But I don't think that QB is out there.   

I think he gets much more bang for his buck signing Keenum for $20 million a year for three years, or something like that, and then drafting a QB as soon as he sees one he like, probably at 21 or 22 or in the second round, and use all the other picks to take position players.   If Keenum shows that 2017 wasn't a fluke, then the Bills have a quality starter for several years and his successor on board.  If Keenum isn't so good, he still has a decent team around him, so the Bills do okay, and the successor starts in 2019 after a year of seasoning.  

If he trades a bunch of picks and gets the wrong guy, he's screwed.   He doesn't have a QB, and he doesn't have the talent on the team to support a weak QB.   I think it's a much riskier move to trade up, and that's why I think he'll only do it if he's in love with someone.  

The presumptive starter will be under contract by this Friday.  

I think one big point is being overlooked.  Mcbean is not going to jettison his starter (TT) unless and until he knows who he'll have to replace him.   Locking up a starting  FA last week  strikes me as very unlikely. No benefit for a FA to commit behind the scenes  before signing period starts.   More likely  is having a trade-up deal agreed to which guarantees them being able to get their top qb pick in the draft.   While the bills may indeed pick up a cheapie JAG like Mcown as a back-up or camp arm, I think you can forget about a high end FA qb like Keenum.  I know they saved 2 million by making the move last week, but no way are they going to put themselves in a position where they could be left standing (without a starting qb) when the music stops.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Dude every kid drafted in any position  comes with some kind of insecurities. SMH at how some posters wanting to continue to fill this roster the Whaley way while not going all in on a QB first and this is a very good QB class, SMH.

When will some poster realize this is a QB driven league. I am so sick of the posters crying about this team needing so many positions but is ok to use some scrub QB in the most important position.

A franchise worthy QB will not fall from the sky you need to either spend to go draft one or stink up the league to get to the top of the draft or you will never have one.

It's done. It'll be Rosen at #2

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Dude, you don't know what you're talking about.  First, on several occasions I have said I expect they'll move up.  So I tend to actually take your position.  But unlike you who demand they move up to take a guy, I am smart enough to know they have access to a ton more data that fans have.  If for example their data indicates Jackson is as good a risk as Rosen, they'd be idiots to move way up.  Your opinion is one of desperation.

Finally, three of the four QBs in the championship round last year were Keenum, Foles, Bortles.  And two of those are available through free agency or trade.  Maybe the paradigm of having to have this stud franchise QB is changing.

16 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

I'm OK with Bradford, because I think if he can stay healthy that he looks more like the real deal at the position.  I suspect that Keenum was a benefactor of the Vikings system and will regress to his historical mean.  To boot, he's going to get a BIG contract.

Odds are much higher that Keenum isn't a fluke over Bradford being able to survive a full season without IR......

39 minutes ago, Yav said:

You’re missing the point in of those not willing to give up that much. 

The point is NONE of these QB look all that great. USC and UCLA produce more duds than studs at QB and Mayfield has character issues and his height is a huge question and the other two will need time to develop and even then may not be that great. 

Taking that into consideration, it’s not worth mortgaging the future on a maybe. 

But as i've stated in the MANY other threads and I've just gotten sick of typing it - IF there is a guy they LOVE then do it.

I'm not talking an EJ take a guy to take a guy, but a guy they believe will change the course of the franchise.

The thing is, WE arent GMS, professional scouts, or even football gurus. We can watch film and see what we like and dont like but honestly outside of Luck - there hasnt been a cant miss guy in the last 10 years and who are we to say otherwise?

There has however been a much greater hit rate at the top.

These guys have a plan and this is their chance to realize it. Trade up, dont trade up, its their job- not ours. 

There comes a point when people have to realize they root for the team NOT the player.

People fall in love with guys and even if they trade up and get their guy some folks will be mad they didnt take the other guy.

Personally, I'd rather they stay away from Jackson and would rather Rudolph if it came down to the 2. Im sure some people disagree.

BUT if Jackson was the pick? Great. Im pissed for a second and then GO BILLS. Why? Bc what do i know?

IM not the GM and its THEIR plan. The fact that there seems to be a plan is a step in the right direction bc if Whaley had a plan it seemed to change course a few times and wasnt very cohesive. 

I'm all in on a trade up for the afore mentioned reasons. If you hit, you are golden for 10-15 years. The avg QBs that need support from everywhere to break .500 is an old trick and wearing thin. If not for a little luck last year we are staring down another playoff year. When you've tired everything else and you GM makes the comments hes made about the position AND they love a guy - just let them do what they do. Worst that happens is you endure 3 more years of the same old same old and someone else come along to take a kick at the can.

Really, by thius point you've got nothing to loose.

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

It would be kinda nice is something could happen. Like anything at all. My anxiety is through the freakin roof right now

Find some positive regarding the anxiety of not knowing what is to come.

When the chips start to fall, there will be a lot of disappointed fans,

Some fans will be happy but most will likely be disappointed because "their guy" yada yada yada...