Does the Fun Begin at Midnight?

7 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I'm with you until Cle #1 I think they take Barkley

I realize we are talking Cleveland here but when you have an opportunity to draft the face of your franchise for the next decade, I don't think you can be so cavalier about which QB you end up with... GM's are people too and are bound to have "their" favorite guy... I wonder how the Clev fans feel about this... Anybody out there following what their fans are saying?

check this out:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/does_the_tyrod_taylor_trade_in.html

Edited by DefenseWins
additonal info (link)

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Jeff Posey

Strong call. Pretty sure Posey was the guy I had in the back of my mind but couldn't remember.

I think the legal tampering period is a farce that the NFL created in attempt to save face over signings at one minute past midnight. I don't think it changed a thing but honestly I could care less either way.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Almost sure that they will sign some FA QB, but do you think that they will view him as anything more than a stopgap?

stop gap qbs are for losers. you either find a good or great fa and do what it takes to get him or draft a qb who can mold in at some point behind whoever you have.

18 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Strong call. Pretty sure Posey was the guy I had in the back of my mind but couldn't remember.

I think the legal tampering period is a farce that the NFL created in attempt to save face over signings at one minute past midnight. I don't think it changed a thing but honestly I could care less either way.

I just remember thinking - Jeff Posey? You have to make a point to strike right at 12:00 on the dot for Jeff Posey?

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I just remember thinking - Jeff Posey? You have to make a point to strike right at 12:00 on the dot for Jeff Posey?

Hah!  I'm an eternal optimist and not dialed into every NFL player so after I got past "who the eff is Jeff Posey", I was thinking it must've been a steal.  

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Noon tomorrow. Not Midnight 

zNAgBszY_normal.jpg Sal Capaccio ? (@SalSports)
NFL teams can begin contacting agents of players set to become unrestricted free agents (and negotiating contracts) starting at noon eastern tomorrow.

Officially.But we all know GM's have been talking to agents.and players talk to players. For example...you don't think Kyle hasn't talked to Nigel ? They were tight before Bradham got the "boot".