Speculation: McCarron Lands in WNY

Just rampant speculation based on the fact they don't have a QB at present. I hate this paint by numbers stupidity by the national media. We didn't keep Tyrod at a lesser number, but we're gonna want a backup with no history of solid play for more?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Zebrastripes said:

I think anyone who signs him is still going after a first round qb.

I really can't see it. If we go with a rookie pick I think (and just my own speculating here) they will want SOMEONE on the roster that has experience in the NFL as a starter. A McCown, a Bradford or such. I just can't see guys as calculated as McDermott and Beane rolling with 3 inexperienced QBs.

I would be all for a "Glennon / Trubinksy" situation with McCarron / Rosen - Darnold.  McCarron signs a deal we can get out of after a year and give him first crack at the starting job, but not precluding us from being aggressive and getting one of the young QBs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I really can't see it. If we go with a rookie pick I think (and just my own speculating here) they will want SOMEONE on the roster that has experience in the NFL as a starter. A McCown, a Bradford or such. I just can't see guys as calculated as McDermott and Beane rolling with 3 inexperienced QBs.

I don't disagree with  you but I think Peterman is the odd man out if the Bills sign McCarron( which I don't think they are going to do).