Good morning, boys

46 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Please don’t get nasty 

people have been waiting one or more years to move on.  

This trade enforces the belief that McDermott and Beane are very committed to improving the Buffalo Bills. 

Why shouldnt we be happy? 

And yes there are some being overly d-baggy.  

You should ignore them. 

Totally agree

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Then you can understand why ditching TT was celebrated more, no?

It’s a stretch. 

Unlike some I saw that fact that we could make the playoffs and STILL do what was needed at the qb position this offseason. I dunno why that’s so hard to grasp. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s a stretch. 

You agreed the point had merit.

Actually, I'll say that I was very excited that the Bills made the postseason. I celebrated more for that event, because of the moment and all that it meant.  However, I posted MORE on the TT trade.  Because it's implications to the long term goals of the franchise meant much more to talk about.

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

RB's should never be taken in the first. That's obvious to a lot of fans. But for some reason teams still get enamored enough with some to take them in the first round. Some even in the top 10. Crazy. I do think the Browns take Barkley #1. I don't think they should though.

At this point in the NFL timeline.....I totally agree with all statements.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You agreed the point had merit.

Actually, I'll say that I was very excited that the Bills made the postseason. I celebrated more for that event, because of the moment and all that it meant.  However, I posted MORE on the TT trade.  Because it's implications to the long term goals of the franchise meant much more to talk about.

I don’t get how it’s being celebrated by some more than the playoffs. I just can’t get that. Becuz for me Taylor was gone regardless. It wasnt some big event. It was just gonna happen. It was necessary. It not an exciting moment 

13 minutes ago, Manther said:

The Browns could rebuild quickly.  But, I feel they gave up way too much for TT and Landry.  They could have had them for nothing.  There cap allowed room for both of them and not many teams had that option.  They didn't need to trade such quality assets for TT and Landry.  Maybe I am wrong, but, don't think so.

They definitely overpaid for tyrod but I’m certainly not complaining. They still have a **** ton of cap room and still have some quality draft picks left to work with. They can also trade the number 1 overall pick and get a lot in return to make up for the picks they gave up. If I was a Cleveland fan I’d be pretty excited about the future 

watching OSU shut down Barkley this past season makes me wonder just how special he really is.     Tbh,  i saw a bunch of his games and never once thought,   top 5 prospect.

much easier to find a good RB later rounds than other more important positions.   

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don’t get how it’s being celebrated by some more than the playoffs. I just can’t get that. Becuz for me Taylor was gone regardless. It wasnt some big event. It was just gonna happen. It was necessary. It not an exciting moment 

I felt that way last year and got burned.  I think it was possible, however slight, that he'd be on this roster next year and that would make me miserable.

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns will have a real offense for the first time in forever. Tyrod, Barkley, Landry, and Gordon could be potent. You guys forget Tyrod led a top 10 scoring offense in 2016. The talent he has in Cleveland now might be better than he ever had here. My bigger question for Cleveland is their defense. I think their offense will be above average at least.

Edited by HappyDays

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Browns will have a real offense for the first time in forever. Tyrod, Barkley, Landry, and Gordon could be potent. You guys forget Tyrod Shady led a top 10 scoring offense in 2016. The talent he has in Cleveland now might be better than he ever had here. My bigger question for Cleveland is their defense. I think their offense will be above average at least.

Landry is gonna be miserable with TT at QB.  He'll be begging for 8.8 YPR with Cutty by week 8.

Edited by jmc12290
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Browns will have a real offense for the first time in forever. Tyrod, Barkley, Landry, and Gordon could be potent. You guys forget Tyrod led a top 10 scoring offense in 2016. The talent he has in Cleveland now might be better than he ever had here. My bigger question for Cleveland is their defense. I think their offense will be above average at least.

i seem to remember alot of field goals that year  :D

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think it was just the fact that they had soooo much ammo in the draft they felt they could go a little higher than his value. I mean they made that move, Instantly found a steady qb and STILL have a ton of early picks. I think they probably knew they were giving up a bit too much. 

Warren Sharp on Twitter pointed out Cleveland still has the most draft value of any team since 1993. Now they don't have to worry about winning him over other teams in free agency, they get their capable bridge starter and can start winning now. It's a major step up for them.

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Landry is gonna be miserable with TT at QB.  He'll be begging for 8.8 YPR with Cutty by week 8.

The best part is I don't have to care either way. On to our next QB.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Warren Sharp on Twitter pointed out Cleveland still has the most draft value of any team since 1993. Now they don't have to worry about winning him over other teams in free agency, they get their capable bridge starter and can start winning now. It's a major step up for them.

The best part is I don't have to care either way. On to our next QB.

Agreed.  But the TT savior in Cleveland takes are comedy gold.

• Like (+1) 1

Todd Haley must be excited to have all these weapons to work with. Barkley will be his new LeVeon Bell. Coming off 1-31, the expectations are low, and the new group in charge will look good as a result. I still think they take a QB at 4. And after the wink, wink, nod, nod between Beane and Dorsey both sides have a good idea what's going on. 

1. They are taking Barkley 1 so the Giants aren't getting him.

2. The Bills and Giants are trading and we're taking Rosen, Giants rebuild the OL with Glenn and picks

3. The Colts have Luck and will draft Chubb

4. The Browns will have their choice of Darnold, Mayfield or Allen.

5. They could also trade up with the Colts one spot to make sure. Colts still get Chubb at 4 , Browns like Darnold they say at #3

Between Dorsey, Beane and Gettelman they are orchestrating this draft to their liking.

IMO

Edited by horned dogs

Tyrod will help the Browns.  His ability to run and his ability to protect the ball will translate into a few more wins.  We all know his limitations throwing but he has positive aspects to his game that the Browns will benefit from.   He is a good transition guy for them.  

Good trade for both teams, I wish him well. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

It's a beautiful day here in Bills Country. 

Just a beautiful, beautiful day.

Was listening to some Cleveland sports radio this morning. It was adorable to hear them talk about what "Taylor to Landry & Gordon" is going to look like. 

I hope they enjoy each and every single one of those 3100 yards passing and 20 TDs. 

I dunno add the penn state kid in the backfield and that’s an explosive offense. 

6 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

By your post you made it sound like they have regressed at the QB position 

I see it as more of a lateral move, if anything. 

Kizer put up comparable numbers to Tyrod last year, aside from the INTs, of course. 

The Browns will just have a lot more 3 and outs and punts. 

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I dunno add the penn state kid in the backfield and that’s an explosive offense. 

On paper, yes. I agree, it looks great. 

But after three years of Tyrod, I don't think any offense can be "explosive" with him under center.