OPINION: We have a trade partner in place

McBean

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

It would have to be #2 so their would be no chance any other team moves in front over the next few weeks.

Has to be #2 or #3 to keep wildcards like the Fins from jumping ahead of them.   Hope it's 2 so they can get their target without any worries...

Just now, McBean said:

Or feel confident we have a veteran to sign after this move today.

No way McBean goes into next season with Peterman.

IMO, an announcement will be made soon about a trade into the top 10.

bolded is pretty obvious.

I think the consensus does feel this is setting them up to get their guy in fa and/or still have the picks to move up so it is going to be a pretty exciting time for a bills fan.

first the drought ending, now the potential to even go deeper in the playoffs and likely wont have to worry about the offense only scoring 3 points?

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

No chance, unless you're talking about the Giants.  The Bills would otherwise need to have an "off the table" deal that the Browns aren't drafting a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Most likely trade partners —

Colts at 3

Browns at 4 

Bucs at 7

If Browns go Darnold at 1, and Barkley is off the board by 4, I think they would be willing to trade down to 21 & 22. If Rosen is there, I think we make the move.

If not, I think we trade with Bucs at 7 for Jackson or Mayfield.

You think Beane and Gettleman haven't been talking?

The Bills will sign a vet, trade *both 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, Cordy Glenn and next year's 3rd for the Giants' #2 pick and draft Josh Rosen.

Lock it up.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Probably need to give them both 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds. Everyone knows Buffalo is desperate now to get someone that's capable in starting next season right away.

I thinking more likely we hear they have a deal in place in a trade for a starting QB over one in place for a draft spot.

I would be surprised to see the Giants trade down from 2. They're going to take a QB or Barkley, I think. They're not going to be picking that high again anytime soon and would be foolish to not reap the benefits of having 50% of their offense go to IR last season.

• Like (+1) 1

I say they sign Derek Anderson as an insurance policy as soon as free agency hits.  They still have a trade partner but maybe it is at 4 and don't want to do it now in case someone trades ahead of them.  Maybe this trade that is in place is the reason why the Browns are so willing to toss around their draft picks???

16 minutes ago, McBean said:

If we trade into the top ten I highly doubt it would be announced pre draft, especially this early. We need to see how free agency flushes out. 

16 minutes ago, McBean said:

Has to be. Peterman isn’t a viable vet back up if they go high on rookie. 

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

I say they sign Derek Anderson as an insurance policy as soon as free agency hits.  They still have a trade partner but maybe it is at 4 and don't want to do it now in case someone trades ahead of them.  Maybe this trade that is in place is the reason why the Browns are so willing to toss around their draft picks???

I think it's something like this. If the Bills were going to do a trade up before the draft, it would've been here with Tyrod. 

21 & 22 + Tyrod doesn't take you to 1st overall, but it does take you to 4, I'd think.

My guess is they have had lots of conversations that are like "If one of these guys is available at your pick and you're not taking him, this is what we could offer." 

They probably know the Browns are going Darnold at 1, but the Browns are undecided if they will keep 4 or move down depending on what happens at 2 or 3.  If the first 3 picks are QBs, then Browns probably stay at 4 to take Barkley. But if Barkley is gone, I don't know there's another "can't miss" player at 4 that wouldn't be better served by trading down for additional picks.

1 minute ago, LA Grant said:

I think it's something like this. If the Bills were going to do a trade up before the draft, it would've been here with Tyrod. 

21 & 22 + Tyrod doesn't take you to 1st overall, but it does take you to 4, I'd think.

My guess is they have had lots of conversations that are like "If one of these guys is available at your pick and you're not taking him, this is what we could offer." 

They probably know the Browns are going Darnold at 1, but the Browns are undecided if they will keep 4 or move down depending on what happens at 2 or 3.  If the first 3 picks are QBs, then Browns probably stay at 4 to take Barkley. But if Barkley is gone, I don't know there's another "can't miss" player at 4 that wouldn't be better served by trading down for additional picks.

I could see that 3rd pick going back to Cleveland with the 2 firsts...essentially being Tyrod and two firsts

• Like (+1) 1

Hold your horses fella..

The scouting combine just completed last week and teams are still evaluating that.

Free agency begins next week and teams will be filling holes.

Teams also will be going to players pro days and having players in to team facilities to continue to evaluate.

'The draft isn't until April 28th.

At this point teams do the most preliminary of discussions of trades relating to the draft.

No trades will made made this early into the top 10, at EARLIEST it could happen a ferw days before the draft. 

B

Edited by Bag of Milk
  • Thank you (+1) 1