US Government "Basically Going To War" On California

On 3/27/2018 at 4:18 PM, DC Tom said:

State's going to come down on his ass for privacy violations.

Doesn't Florida do something like that? 

Also, why is it a privacy violation? Honest question.

Edited by Paulus

12 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Bravo Orange County, though I get the feeling that sooner or later, you too will be assimilated.

They did turn Democrat this last election, at least in part. That said, there are too many Asians (Repubs usually) coming in to really let the Hispanics (Dems usually) make things too uneven. OC just had a tiny citizen revolt against the morons who run the place with regards to homeless tent cities in Irvine, Huntington, and Laguna Niguel (not sure if those were the three cities). The council did an about face with the proposed tent cities and will probably end up being forced to put up hundreds of homeless in hotels for a longer time.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:
REMINDER: While California politicians are spending our money suing Trump for a census question, these are our streets in Los Angeles.

Trump  made an error when he was in CA recently. Like everyone before him, he went to a ritzy fundraiser. 

He should have brought his entourage downtown to see the blocks upon blocks of destitute people. The cameras would have been all over him and the problems, and there would not be a hole deep enough for Jerry Brown to hide in.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/california-national-guard-border-jerry-brown-515692

Is Brown s3nding troops to the border a Trump win? 

I mean, it was pretty smart to beef up border security, in the rest of the border states, eventually funneling illegal aliens into California. I think it made Brown flintch. Dang, Trump should add more troops, if he really want to force the move. 

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/california-national-guard-border-jerry-brown-515692

I mean, it was pretty smart to beef up border security, in the rest of the border states, eventually funneling illegal aliens into California. I think it made Brown flintch. Dang, Trump should add more troops, if he really want to force the move. 

Key consideration I heard pointed out today: the CA border includes the Pacific Coast.  Brown could very well just send 400 Guardsmen to Mendocino and call it a day.

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Key consideration I heard pointed out today: the CA border includes the Pacific Coast.  Brown could very well just send 400 Guardsmen to Mendocino and call it a day.

Correct me if I am wrong, but all of Governor Brown's "caveats" he listed when agreeing to this were the exact same as Trumps. Not hunting women and children fleeing from harm, and crap like that. Basically, being a redundant ass. "I will send them, but I will forbid them from gassing the joos." Basically, poor political rhetoric which ends up working on some Californians.  That said, it will be interesting to see if the governor tries to misuse these new troops. 

15 hours ago, Paulus said:

For the first time in the 25+ years I've been living in CA, cities and counties are telling the Gov. to go phuckhimself. The number of local governments pushing back against his 'sanctuary state' position has been impressive. 

Not that it will change anything. But still a bit impressive. Not all elected officials here have the wealth and armed protections of Brown and his friends in Sacramento.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2018 at 1:22 AM, Paulus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1GJ2IF

I really don't think Brown's radical rhetoric is getting enough national attention. I don't think many in California are batting an eye to the insanity of our state politicians, but this open border stuff is some over the top stuff. I mean, the SB laws preventing private citizens from contacting ICE are eery in a bad way. 

Brown needs to be tried for treason. Why does neo-liberalism embrace treason?

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

No, he needs to be punished far worse than that.

He needs to be compared to the other great defenders of States' Rights in this country's history.  Stand tall with your forefathers - Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and the like.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Honestly, I am on his side to a point. I enjoy actually recognizing the political maneuvering more. Putin walking all over Obama was worse than most Americans know. 

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He needs to be compared to the other great defenders of States' Rights in this country's history.  Stand tall with your forefathers - Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, and the like.

I advocate for states rights within reason. Treason is not a state right. 

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If only there was a Jerry Brown statue that we could tear down.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:22 AM, Paulus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1GJ2IF

I really don't think Brown's radical rhetoric is getting enough national attention. I don't think many in California are batting an eye to the insanity of our state politicians, but this open border stuff is some over the top stuff. I mean, the SB laws preventing private citizens from contacting ICE are eery in a bad way. 

Just tryin' to homeostatis.  Who dis? 

On 3/12/2018 at 10:37 AM, Boyst62 said:

So, why was it ok to Target NC violating federal law but not CA?

What a joke. !@#$ the federal government

STFU

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Nah, I'm good sweetheart. But, thanks

Especially if that's the best you got, just sit down.

Yes, dear?

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF::!!

oh, i guess that's something....

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

yeah, i don't like you.

23 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I agree.

24 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Well said.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

On 3/15/2018 at 2:26 PM, Tiberius said:

No doubt, a Trump supporter and a deplorable 

Three men have been charged in the bombing of a Minnesota mosque last year. One of them had submitted a bid for Trump's border wall.

Muslims are savage barbarians that cannot coexist with western civilization. The 1st amendment needs to be rewritten so that we can start to deal with this very serious problem now. 

20 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

:thumbdown:

Or we can let them increase their presence so that they can start raping and murdering at will like they are in Europe. We could go that way. We could show everybody how tolerant and smart we are by renting them U-Hauls and holding candle light vigils after they commit atrocities. We could do that instead. 

43 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Muslims are savage barbarians that cannot coexist with western civilization. The 1st amendment needs to be rewritten so that we can start to deal with this very serious problem now. 

That's crap, they are the same as you and me. Put people in bad environments and you produce some bad people. Better government, better economy equals better human outcomes 

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's crap, they are the same as you and me. Put people in bad environments and you produce some bad people. Better government, better economy equals better human outcomes 

...I’m sorry Tibs, but I know better. It’s not crap. It’s been a fact since the 8th century. 

Wow, don't remember any of the posts in this thread!

I should know better than to Drink and PPP! :lol:

My humble apologies.  I'll just slink into a corner for awhile and pray for a QB, even one of the ones I don't want.  Do some penance for my posts. 0:)

8 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Wow, don't remember any of the posts in this thread!

I should know better than to Drink and PPP! :lol:

My humble apologies.  I'll just slink into a corner for awhile and pray for a QB, even one of the ones I don't want.  Do some penance for my posts. 0:)

Don't worry, none of that nonsense is any worse than what gator posts daily.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Don't worry, none of that nonsense is any worse than what gator posts daily.

Still, I feel dutybound to fall on my sword.  I mean, not piercing any internal organs or anything, but just a solid flesh wound that will leave a mark, that I can then later claim is a battle scar from saving some damsel in distress, or something equally old-fashioned hero-like.  The time honored tradition of turning embarrassment into triumph! :D

12 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Still, I feel dutybound to fall on my sword.  I mean, not piercing any internal organs or anything, but just a solid flesh wound that will leave a mark, that I can then later claim is a battle scar from saving some damsel in distress, or something equally old-fashioned hero-like.  The time honored tradition of turning embarrassment into triumph! :D

I wasn't giving you a pass by comparing your post with gator's. Trust me, you'll find that out.