Please Stop With the Watson/Jackson Comparisons

H2o

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

You are so fricken dense....should I really take the time to explain this to you?

There are 4-5 good qbs in this draft.

Plan A should be Rosen or Mayfield

Plan A might not be feasible

We need a QB

So move to the next tier which is still good qbs (Jackson)

Jackson can probably be had with ONE of our 1st round picks.....this team has other needs as well...they are STILL addressing the QB position with a talent promising QB

Why is this so hard to understand.....should I explain it again?  Yes I have a agenda...i want to IMPROVE THE TEAM....and there is more then one way to do that as long as they take a QB.

How about this to try and drill through your thick skull.  If we are unable to aquire Rosen or Mayfield, we have failed at meeting our biggest need.  Period.  At that point instead of wasting our pick on a guy who is much more likely to bust, we might as well get two other guys in the first and grab a guy like Rudolph in the second because he's probably a better option.

1 minute ago, HiddenInLight said:

How about this to try and drill through your thick skull.  If we are unable to aquire Rosen or Mayfield, we have failed at meeting our biggest need.  Period.  At that point instead of wasting our pick on a guy who is much more likely to bust, we might as well get two other guys in the first and grab a guy like Rudolph in the second because he's probably a better option.

Your hopeless

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

The comparison is in their ability to play QB and Watson is far superior throwing the football as is clearly evidenced even at the college level. 

Can you name the pass catching targets that are gonna get drafted along with Lamar.

How many for Watson

By the way....Watson was awesome in his first year......I am not conceding that LJ is going to be a worse qb then Watson....I am saying that if he is comparably close you have a damn fine QB.

He might need to sit a year.....MOST of these QBs would benefit from that to

Just now, H2o said:

The comparison is in their ability to play QB and Watson is far superior throwing the football as is clearly evidenced even at the college level. 

Big armed college QBs who busted in the NFL are a dime a dozen.  If the only thing that determined QB successful in the NFL was passing ability, it wouldn't be so hard to find good ones.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I see so he was productive in a NFL style offense.....is a bit raw with the mechanics (coachable) got better every year....so we should look away from the fact that he was a ultra productive TD thrower.

Notice in NONE of my posts do I even talk about his playmaking ability with his legs.....strickly just his arm.

Petrino doesn't run a Power-Spread type of offense. He doesn't excel in the pocket. He is an athlete playing QB.  

42 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Do you think the Eagles fans or the Texans fans are complaining about trading up to get their guy?  What about the Chiefs?  I'm pretty sure they don't care.

For future reference Jackson isn't a beast he's the booby prize of this draft.

You spelled Mason Rudolph wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

WRONG

THe offense is based on NFL concepts...and many of them are ran by the New England Patriots

This has been covered sir

ok :thumbsup: He doesn't excel in whatever offense it is in college from a QB standpoint, though he is a game changer running, but is gong to succeed in the NFL? Continue on. 

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So passing TD production doesnt come into play here?

College TD production is not that important of a stat. "Strickly" speaking,  college passing windows are much,  much, much larger than NFL windows.  

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So passing TD production doesnt come into play here?

There are MANY college QB's who have put up passing TD's at the college level and never amounted to anything in the NFL. Look at JT Barrett's stats. As a thrower of the football Jackson is sub par. Barrett is as well, but he put up numbers so should that be taken into account?

Edited by H2o

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

There are MANY college QB's who have put up passing TD's at the college level and never amounted to anything in the NFL. Look at JT Barrett's stats. As a thrower of the football Jackson is sub par. Barrett is as well, but he put up numbers so should that be taken into accaount?

By this determination Rosh Rosen could also be a bust?

8 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

College TD production is not that important of a stat. "Strickly" speaking,  college passing windows are much,  much, much larger than NFL windows.  

So what exactly is the "important stat"

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

By this determination Rosh Rosen could also be a bust?

Yes, Rosen could. But he is also a natural QB that you can clearly witness, where as Jackson does not show the same qualities. 

Jackson is a bust waiting to happen.

The idiots running NFL teams always get sucked in when it comes to guys like this.

They salivate over his "physical gifts" and forget that the guy can't play QB.

Oh, he's a certified moron too.  Dumb as dirt dumb.

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I'm not interested in arguing with you anymore.  All you seem to care about is brow beating those of us that don't like Jackson, and trying to convince us that he will be great. It's tiresome,  and irritating.   

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I'm not interested in arguing with you anymore.  All you seem to care about is brow beating those of us that don't like Jackson, and trying to convince us that he will be great. It's tiresome,  and irritating.   

Word.