Good Bye Gruden QB Camp, Hello Russell Wilson QB2QB series

Ehh, not a big fan of Wilson personality wise. I may be in the minority , but I liked Grudens show and I'm going to miss it. Was kind of a pre draft ritual for me. I may take a look at this, but there are other QBs I'd rather see do a series like this. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ehh, not a big fan of Wilson personality wise. I may be in the minority , but I liked Grudens show and I'm going to miss it. Was kind of a pre draft ritual for me. I may take a look at this, but there are other QBs I'd rather see do a series like this. 

I'd say Romo is a natural fit, but I don't know how that'd work since he's currently with CBS.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Peyten Manning is the only correct answer here.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I lived in WI when Wilson was at Madison and watched him play at Camp Randall. Was really impressed with the guy and was shocked when we passed on him in the 3rd round. Smart guy and a great leader.

Well we really needed TJ Graham so...priorities!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It was pretty interesting seeing Wilson and Mayfield standing back to back. Mayfield looked quite a bit taller. (he is 2"taller but it looked like more than that IMO) 

Yep. The height thing is so overblown.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's 6'1 I think almost 6'2 isn't he?

People act like he's a midget wwf wrestler from the 80s

He measured 6’1 at the combine. I saw him in person and thought he looked shorter than that but that’s his official height I guess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He measured 6’1 at the combine. I saw him in person and thought he looked shorter than that but that’s his official height I guess.

Yeah I just looked it up after.

It was 6' 5/8"

I couldn't remember it to was 6'1 5/8" or 6' 5/8" that's why I said I thought almost 6'2 but it was almost 6'1"

Either way he's not 5'8" as some people like to act like he is.

20 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's 6'1 I think almost 6'2 isn't he?

People act like he's a midget wwf wrestler from the 80s

6' 5/8", so less than 6'1" and similar height to Drew Brees who is also a tad over 6 ft.  Russel Wilson is like 5'10" and some change so a little under 5'11"

it is definitely not overblown.  at that height you can't see over the line.  Drew Brees admits that he can't.  Wilson is mobile and likes to move the pocket so he can get some throwing lanes.  Mayfield says he's never been able to see the receivers at any level so it's nothing new to him and he will continue to have success.

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

6' 5/8", so less than 6'1" and similar height to Drew Brees who is also a tad over 6 ft.  Russel Wilson is like 5'10" and some change so a little under 5'11"

it is definitely not overblown.  at that height you can't see over the line.  Drew Brees admits that he can't.  Wilson is mobile and likes to move the pocket so he can get some throwing lanes.  Mayfield says he's never been able to see the receivers at any level so it's nothing new to him and he will continue to have success.

It's a concern.

It's a valid concern.

People act like he's 5'8" though, that's why it's overblown.

Brees is 6' and like 1/3"

Mayfield is 6' and 2/3"

So yeah they are basically the same height, you are def right.

Maybe the answer is to draft shorter lineman?? ??

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If we can get Mayfield at 12 and Evans at 22 I would be thrilled.

Rosen or Mayfield + LVE is the best case scenario imo.  Can’t see any circumstance in which we sit at 12 though.  At the VERY least, we trade up to 10.  No chance we let Miami pick our guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

After Rob Riggle, this is yet another guy the NFL is desperately trying to make happen.

Having a current NFL quarterback doing this sort of show is awkward.  This current generation doesn't know or care who his wife is and he's potentially competition during the regular season.  There's no "IT" factor here.  

Edited by dpberr