Rosenthal: Free Agents Who Could Be Overpriced

31 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Ooooooo.

That is very intriguing. I'm all in on signing Robinson.

I think the Bills have shown their hand enough that they are going to make comp. pick conscious signings, and with is set to lose at least 3 players who could net us picks in that formula, I would be upset to see us bring in a guy who was not elite if he was going to cost north of $8M, plus take a 4th round pick out of our pool next offseason, as I anticipate EJ Gaines and Robinson respectively fetching.

27 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It doesn't mean he will get it, according to the experts on this board. I was not a proponent of trading Watkins and would not have done it. However, if it meant a one year exile and re signing  the player PLUS a second round pick I would consider it a win, yes. Watkins 5th year option would have been $ 14mil for the 2018 season anyway. It's purely hypothetical and won't happen anyway. 

Which experts here?

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...4PM deadline today for tags........read somewhere the Niners may be interested....

This would not surprise me. Seems like a fit to move up the freeway with Shanahan , Garappolo and Co. 

Writers and fans need to realize something about UFA: ALL players in essence are overpaid: When you can add a player like Sammy Watkins to your roster without giving up a current asset in terms of a player or picks, it speaks to why more $ is spent. I call it the 33% rule: Free Agents are probably 33% overpaid by default, especially the higher end Free Agents.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

sort of like re-signing of Peerless Price!

The circumstances were much different.  First off it was Donahue who dealt him and Levy who re-signed him sonyiu are talking to different administrations.  Plus the “Price tag” for Peerless was very low after disappointing years in ATL.  Not the case with sammy

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I have a hunch that Keenum isn’t gonna get a huge contract and if the Bills were to pursue him I bet that they could get him for a very reasonable contract. I can’t wait to see what happens in this QB carousel.

Honestly with all the QBs available this year through draft and FA it wouldn't shock me if he ended up with a prove it deal. Maybe a 2 year with team options for second year. 

Then again it only takes one team to say "Yup, that's our guy" and offer something huge. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rosenthal: Free Agents Who Could Be Overpriced

Combine the copious amount of salary-cap space across the NFL with a shallow free-agent class, and it's easy to envision some bloated contracts materializing this month. With free agency opening at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, Gregg Rosenthal takes a look at the players most likely to be overpriced.

Sammy Watkins, wide receiver
Nate Solder, offensive tackle
Jimmy Graham, tight end
Star Lotulelei, defensive tackle (Bills' target?)
Case Keenum, quarterback (Bills' target?)
Offensive linemen coming off injury

They aren't bringing Sammy back. Solder is an average OT. Graham is not elite, but still pretty darn good. Lotulelei is a below average DT and a huge disappointment -- Stay away! Keenum is a 1 hit wonder. He may still be good from here on out, but I don't see anything special there.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, The Drought said:

Starting before or after the Chris Ivory signing.

ha.  I'm not sure Ivory is overpaid.  The FO needed a "hammer" back and got one.  I think he has another good 1-2 years.