If Browns pick Barkley #1...

TPS

It's actually a smart move if you think there are 3-4 "franchise qbs" in this draft cause you end up with the best player in the draft and a franchise QB to go with him. Otherwise you still get a franchise QB who is your top choice of qb and someone else that's not the best player in the draft

17 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

I think that would be a great move for the browns to make.  Not only do you grab the best player in the draft, you can get the top qb as well.  This would be the only sure fire way to grab Barkley and the qb of their choice.

And the cost for Cleveland to go from 4 to 2 is minimal as long as the Giants are willing to trade.  I honestly think the Browns take Barkely at 1.

6 minutes ago, nickrage said:

They did trade for him. But failed to file it with the nfl offices on time thus nullifying said trade

That was in October, before they knew they would have the #1 pick.

He's available.  It would be a classic Hue Jackson move to make this guy his starter this year.

39 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Indy wants Chubb so I don't see them moving off 3 if he's there.

What people don't realize is that it's going to cost a fortune.  Let's think about this for a second.  Let's say Indy wants either Chubb or Nelson and they see them as a sure fire prospect and the #1 player on their board.  You have two things to fight against here.  First, you have to convince Indy to give up the #1 player on their board.  2nd you have to convince Indy that what you offer them will be better than what a team in the top 7 will offer them, which keeps them closer to the #1 player on their board.  It's a lot to fight against even if you have a lot to give up.  You try and see what can be done but I really don't see it for us.

19 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

That would be the ultimate browns move. Pass on another top QB prospect

The Browns are guaranteed one of the top 3 QBs. 

They're not guaranteed Barkley, and probably won't get him unless they pick him #1 overall.

If the Browns walk away with Barkley and Mayfield, with Josh Gordon back healthy, they could be pretty good next year if they invest all their remaining picks on the defense. 

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Browns are guaranteed one of the top 3 QBs. 

They're not guaranteed Barkley, and probably won't get him unless they pick him #1 overall.

If the Browns walk away with Barkley and Mayfield, with Josh Gordon back healthy, they could be pretty good next year if they invest all their remaining picks on the defense. 

In my opinion they should just pick their top prospect QB at 1.

And if they really want Barkley that bad, then they can move up from 4 to 2 to get him. They have so many draft picks and they can easily make that work

20 hours ago, corta765 said:

Cleveland not picking the QB of their choosing at #1 would be atrociously bad. You run the risk of losing the QB you want by not picking him at #1 just so you can grab Barkley. Secondarily after everything that fanbase has gone through to not finally grab you guy to go with would feel like egg on face again.

Not if you don't see much difference between guys.  There is no clear cut #1 QB prospect.

35 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

In my opinion they should just pick their top prospect QB at 1.

And if they really want Barkley that bad, then they can move up from 4 to 2 to get him. They have so many draft picks and they can easily make that work

Unless the Giants want him and aren't willing to trade out of 2.

If the Browns feel that there are more the  at least 2 franchise QBs in the draft, waiting til 4th to take one is a much smarter move, even if it means that at worst the QB is the 3rd one on the board.

Walking out of the draft with the top player and a franchise QB is much better then walking away with your top rated QB and something else. If they don't think there's 3 QBs capable of being franchise Qbs then it's debatable on what way to go....

Imagine the Haul the Giants come out of the draft with this year if they first trade back to 4 then make a deal with the bills for 21/22 + whatever else it takes to make the move.  They said that they want to re-build, so let them stock up on high end talent, grab a guy like Jackson to sit behind Eli and learn PLUS an additional first this year.  That would be the fastest re-tool that they could hope for.

5 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

I have been a Penn State fan since 1981 and think very highly of Saquon: If the Browns take Barkley #1 overall they should have their heads examined.

Honestly it really depends on their rankings of the available QB's, and what they think is going to happen with the Colts.  If they have two QB prospects who are nearly identically ranked and it is true that the colts will stay where they are and get their guy, they are still guaranteed to get their guy.  Worse comes to worse they let whatever happens with the giants pick happen, and trade up from 4 to 3 with the colts and grab whatever QB isn't grabbed at pick number 2.  The colts would know that the Browns are grabbing a QB and still get the guy they wanted at 3, while the browns guarantee that they get one of their two QBs, and likely don't give up much to go up one spot, even with their huge amount of draft picks.

26 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If the Browns feel that there are more the  at least 2 franchise QBs in the draft, waiting til 4th to take one is a much smarter move, even if it means that at worst the QB is the 3rd one on the board.

Walking out of the draft with the top player and a franchise QB is much better then walking away with your top rated QB and something else. If they don't think there's 3 QBs capable of being franchise Qbs then it's debatable on what way to go....

I  think that this is worst case scenario for the Browns to take QB at 1 but I still believe it begins with Barkley for them.

36 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

How many times have the browns passed on QBs only to take the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft.

I get this is a bit different cause the QBs are more highly rated this draft, but the point remains the same.

Dont get cute with it. Just pick whoever they think the best QB is.

RB is a much easier position to fill and like I said, if the browns give the giants a good deal at 2, they will have their top QB and Barkley.

Gettleman already said he’s open to trade the spot if the offer is right, and the browns are only 2 spots down from them with tons of low to mid round picks 

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TPS said:

I agree. I think the differences in the top 3-4 QBs are like choosing between Kelly and Marino, you can't lose no matter who you get "stuck" with..

You can't be serious? There is a HUGE difference in this class and that class that produced, Kelly, Marino and Ellway. 

The younger QBs coming out of college all have some questions.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

How many times have the browns passed on QBs only to take the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft.

I get this is a bit different cause the QBs are more highly rated this draft, but the point remains the same.

Dont get cute with it. Just pick whoever they think the best QB is.

RB is a much easier position to fill and like I said if the browns give the giants a good deal at 2, they will have their top QB and Barkley.

Gettleman already said he’s open to trade the spot if the offer is right, and the browns are only 2 spots down from them with tons of low to mid round picks 

I could see the Giants trading back multiple times if this were the case.  If there is a team that has an opportunity to re-tool and do it quick, it is the Giants in this draft.  They can afford to get a QB that will need to sit a year before starting, and really need a quick influx of inexpensive talent.  If they can get 2-3 1sts from buffalo AND whatever they get from the browns to move back to 4 I can't see them saying no.  Especially since the Colts are pretty much going to stay where they are, as they won't likely be that high in the draft again assuming Luck comes back from the injury on schedule.

• Like (+1) 1